Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FFG Response: Wedge/Luke/BS Pilot via Stay on Target.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

The confusion stemmed from one thing. The language on the old pilots like Luke and wedge said they could be PLAYED as an enhancement. The fate card, stay on target, allows you to PUT INTO PLAY a pilot traited card. This means that if you used stay on target to put Luke or wedge onto a fighter or speeder, you would not be able to use their ability. They would still be considered to be piloting the vehicle because they have the pilot trait, but since they were put into play as opposed to played, they would do nothing else.

I don't follow here.... Whether it was put or played it's an enhancement.... And as an enhancement it has its functions... On the card text

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
Under the printed text of the cards all 3 said you may Play this card as an enhancement on X Trait with the text Blah, Blah, Blah.

That works if you are only ever PLAYing those units, but if they were PUT INTO PLAY they wouldn't meet the criteria of having been PLAYed and thus wouldn't gain the rest of the text.

So they have been errata'd to not present a situation where thier abilities are dependent on how they actually made it on to a vehicle.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts
Is there anything else in the game that cares whether something was put or played?

It matters for costs sake sure , where put in doesn't need to be paid for...but I really don't see where it says its ability doesn't work if it got played or put.

Is there a rule somewhere that makes this make sense?

It just feels arbitrary and that makes it a little harder to explain to new players.

Not debating the ruling but mostly trying to rationalize it in a way that makes sense. Played or put...it's still an enhancement

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3914 posts

Is there anything else in the game that cares whether something was put or played?
It matters for costs sake sure , where put in doesn't need to be paid for...but I really don't see where it says its ability doesn't work if it got played or put.
Is there a rule somewhere that makes this make sense?
It just feels arbitrary and that makes it a little harder to explain to new players.
Not debating the ruling but mostly trying to rationalize it in a way that makes sense. Played or put...it's still an enhancement

It's not about whether they are enhancements or not, it has to do with the rest of the wording of their abilities. The original wording allowed them to be played as enhancements with some game text. Thus, they only had that game text if they had used their ability to be played as enhancements. They didn't inherently have the text any time they were an enhancement.

That's actually still true with the errata'd versions of the cards, except now their game text can be used any time they enter play on a Speeder or Fighter (or just Fighter for BSP). That allows them to work with effects that put them into play like Stay On Target.

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
To answer Tierdal, Bossk is another exemple.
His Reaction triggers after he is played.
If put into play, say with Mercenary Support, you can't use his Reaction

alferez

alferez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

In the FAQ (v3.0) Luke (Hoth), Wedge and BSP have been corrected, but I can't seen the keyword "Pilot" in the corrections. 

May be, they are non-pilot enhancements. 

I asked it in the FFG Forum.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3914 posts

In the FAQ (v3.0) Luke (Hoth), Wedge and BSP have been corrected, but I can't seen the keyword "Pilot" in the corrections. 

May be, they are non-pilot enhancements. 

I asked it in the FFG Forum.

They indeed do not have the pilot keyword, but they do have the Pilot trait.

alferez

alferez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Correct. I has wrong

Thanks dbmeboy