Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Next Star Wars deluxe expansion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

life

life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Does anyone know or has an idea of what the next Star Wars deluxe expansion would be focus on? What would you guys like to see next for a deluxe expansion for Star Wars? 

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
Rebels and Navy! I think they need the most help to develop broader viable deck variety, and while I expect them to get lots of help this cycle, they're definitely starting from behind.
  • TheNameWasTaken likes this

CharlieFilms

CharlieFilms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

I have to think it will continue with the pilot theme since cycles will eventually be rotated out.

life

life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Yeah rebel and navy do need more, do you think they will ever make a new affiliation?

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

I have to think it will continue with the pilot theme since cycles will eventually be rotated out.

True, and there won't be very many pilot sets for each affiliation if the only ones occur in this cycle. Kind of like Hoth, where archetypes are limited because so few Hoth sets came out after the cycle ended.

As for new affiliations, I can't imagine they would since their card pool would be so small relative to the existing ones.
  • CharlieFilms likes this

life

life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Be kinda neat if they made a neutral deluxe pack lol or creature.

life

life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

I think Star Wars living card game needs to add something more to the force struggle like different force cards that you can enhance your force user or force sensitive units to do different effects. Maybe like a defensive technique done by the force for the light side or healing effects done by the light side or a reckless darkside power like raising one of your units back from the discard pile. I could see this being really awesome for star wars living card game because it feels more like star wars for the force users using their cool ability's. Fantasy flight could make these force cards that have a printed cost to play on your units. If anyone likes this idea we should tell Fantasy Flight about it to give them ideas.     

TheNameWasTaken

TheNameWasTaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

If anyone likes this idea we should tell Fantasy Flight about it to give them ideas.     

I don't think FFG have a "submit ideas here" e-mail or anything. And, from what I've heard about their own forums, they are careful to not use card ideas posted there (copyright and that stuff).

I definitely hope Rebels and, more importantly, Navy get some love. Force knows they need it (though we'll have to wait and see what the current cycle ends up doing for them).

I've wondered about the new affiliations bit before, but I can't really see what those affiliations would be. Is there anything obvious missing that can't properly fit under the existing affiliations?

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Don't think FFG has given any hint as to what will be the focus in the next Deluxe.

I for one hope it will be Navy and Rebels, though if they're supposed to become really strong with the current cycle, I can see the deluxe focusing on Smugglers and Sith.

life

life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Maybe the night mothers or some alien race.

CharlieFilms

CharlieFilms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

I really don't see them adding any other affiliations. Most everything can fit into the existing 6, and if it doesn't it goes under a neutral set.

life

life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

yeah probably wont happen but how big is this game going to get?

Ironswimsuit

Ironswimsuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

If the last deluxe was any indicator, we'll probably see mismatched affiliations like Rebel/Sith or Smuggler/Navy. Or they could do a Rebel/Navy(the best possible combination) with all sorts of cool piloting nonsense and cool vehicles/leaders. The Smuggler/Sith could be largely neutral with identical 1x objectives for smugglers and sith. The objective titles are Your Overconfidence is your Weakness(yeah it's a Luke quote, but) and Your Faith in your Friends is Yours.  Blank text, 6hp, no traits. 5x copies of a zero cost event which instantly wins the game.

Seriously, though, I'd like to see more of Dathomir, but Sith and Smugglers don't really need a deluxe for a while, if ever. Kind of like NBN for Netrunner.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
I too would like to see a rebel/navy deluxe because this cycle along is not going to be enough to really flesh out the pilot mechanic. A couple more pilot sets per side plus maybe some more capital ship sets.
  • pantsyg likes this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
Damn thing double posted....

Ywingscum

Ywingscum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

It doesn't matter to me what the next deluxe is, if it has a Sucm Y-wing, I'll be forever happy, it could be the worst card ever and it would always be an auto include for me.  Oh and more Trandoshans, need more of those, I'd like to make a Bossk specific deck.  yeah.

Fnnrqwin

Fnnrqwin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

What I want: Rebels/Navy, obviously.
What we'll probably get knowing our luck with balance: Smugglers/Sith.

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

I agree that Sith and Smugglers are decidedly not in need of extra help that would be provided by a deluxe set. So Rebel and Navy it is, I guess. Honestly, my least favorite affiliations (I'm just not a spaceship guy), but it should be interesting.

Fnnrqwin

Fnnrqwin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Looking forward to a 3-cost Vader a 4-health Palpy.

Queklaine

Queklaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

The first two big expansions have been scoundrel/scum and jedi/scum.  So scum clearly doesn't need another one.  Sith has been strong from the beginning so we definitly need navy in the next one.  I tend to agree that rebel/navy would be ideal, however, I'm expecting them to beat the pilot mechanic to death by the end of the current cycle which means lots of navy and rebel.  Who knows if we'll still need more help for those factions by the next expansion or if they are moving on from pilots at that point as well.