Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Next Star Wars deluxe expansion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Honestly, I think that after this cycle the game has run it's course. What else is there left that hasn't been introduced? I don't want any Prequeal cards. I maybe, could see something around new movie but that doesn't come out until December so what's really left? There's already 3x Lukes, 3x Yoda, 2x Leia, 2x Vader. You get to the point where you're just reprinting old cards with new abilities.

I mean, what, where going to have 5 different Lukes or Yodas or Vaders 2x years from now? There are only so many ships and characters that you can make cards out of before the pool runs dry.

Maybe a Han Solo with the "broken ankle" trait?

Run its course??...... Come on man. If you literally can't think of anything new mechanic wise they can do, you must not be very imaginative. Just... Wow.

someguy11

someguy11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
OFf the top of my head i can see an Endor cycle.
  • chunkygorillas, SeeThreebilbo and pantsyg like this

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

I did think of a new mechanic... the broken ankle trait.

But what's really left?

There's:  Luke, Leia, Yoda, Han, Lando, Chewie, Vader, Palply, Ackbar, Bobba Fett, Piett, C-3PO, R2D2, Reiken, Home One, Tie Fighters, Tie Advanced, Tie Bombers, A-wings, B-wings, Y-wings, X-wings, AT-ATs, AT-STs, Star Destroyers, Victory Class, Tantive 5, The Falcon, IG 88, Bosch, Jabba, The Sarlach Pit, Jabba's pleasure barge, Mara Jade, etc...

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
You need only think of magic and all of its keywords, like first strike, double strike, etc and how many of those types of interactions could be adapted and evolved for this game.

How about alternate win conditions such as they added into the CCG.

There is literally dozens upon dozens of things they can do with this game.....

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

A whole Endor cycle?  Really?  There's Endor splashed around all over the place.  How could you possibly design a 6 pack Endor cycle that doesn't have much that isn't already represented?  There's the new C-3PO, plenty of Ewoks, AT-STs, log traps, all the ships from the battle of Endor, Speeder Bikes.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

I did think of a new mechanic... the broken ankle trait.

But what's really left?

There's:  Luke, Leia, Yoda, Han, Lando, Chewie, Vader, Palply, Ackbar, Bobba Fett, Piett, C-3PO, R2D2, Reiken, Home One, Tie Fighters, Tie Advanced, Tie Bombers, A-wings, B-wings, Y-wings, X-wings, AT-ATs, AT-STs, Star Destroyers, Victory Class, Tantive 5, The Falcon, IG 88, Bosch, Jabba, The Sarlach Pit, Jabba's pleasure barge, Mara Jade, etc...

What the hell are you talking about? Those are units not mechanics....

Sometimes I wish instead of spell checkers, we had think checkers.....

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Well than it would be MTG and not SWLCG.

You're missing my point Bobba, the game's appeal is that it takes place in the SW universe so it revolves around SW characters and ships.  Everything has pretty much come out so there's not much left in term of new character or ships after this cycle.

I don't want to see a Count Duku card or a Mace Windu card.  Do you?

someguy11

someguy11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
I would love to have those guys. I imagine at some point ep. 7 will be used, or maybe they can do something with affiliation cards. Thankfully, FFG employs people with more imagination than I have.
  • Mattropolis and SeeThreebilbo like this

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

I'm sorry that I crushed you delicate little SWLCG heart Bobba.  Here's a tissue for you to dry your tears with.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
You just sound so ignorant and idiotic it's hard to justify any realistic responses to you or take you seriously, which is why you have been laughed off of many of the threads you've posted in. However, rather than continue this exercise in futility, I'll just put you on ignore so I won't be subject to your idiocy any longer.

Take care Yankee doodle.
  • TGO, Wrath87 and CharlieFilms like this

darthbs

darthbs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1063 posts
I feel they have yet to scratch the surface of what the original trilogy has to offer. I under stand LS has had extra love with duplicates but the DS could also go down that road and possibly be more diverse with it.

They have also been clever with there use of the EU, while using EU characters they have set them within this time period.

While many including myself would not like to see prequel stuff, I feel Star Wars Rebels could have its place in the game and I'd love to see the current FFG used artists interpretations of characters from the show.

What I'm really hoping for is more indepth sets based upon the big battles, there's still a lot that can be covered.
  • BobaFett and SeeThreebilbo like this

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

I feel they have yet to scratch the surface of what the original trilogy has to offer. I under stand LS has had extra love with duplicates but the DS could also go down that road and possibly be more diverse with it.

They have also been clever with there use of the EU, while using EU characters they have set them within this time period.

While many including myself would not like to see prequel stuff, I feel Star Wars Rebels could have its place in the game and I'd love to see the current FFG used artists interpretations of characters from the show.

What I'm really hoping for is more indepth sets based upon the big battles, there's still a lot that can be covered.

I agree. I do think there are a few too many repeated LS characters/units, but DS hasn't done a lot of that, except for Vader and a little Mara Jade. I think a new Emperor (not multiplayer exclusive) would be really fun to see.

I'm also with you on the prequel stuff. While it wouldn't thrill me to see them, I do trust FFG's abilities with flavor and theme, for the most part, enough to believe in them if they do put prequel stuff in.

Also...Fingrin Dan and the Modal Nodes need a set, as do the band from Jabba's Palace (without the cabaret girls from the SE). I'd love a Lak Sivrak and Dice Ibegeon set because I thought their story in the Mos Eisely anthology was pretty good in terms of literary quality and I like Shistavanens.

• darthbs likes this

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Wow, I love how you express an opinion and people start getting all worked up over it.  It's just a game. 

Those who put people on ignore obviously don't or can't come up with any logical argument to counter your point other than "I'm taking my ball and going home!" 

I guess someone is in a snitt with their boyfriend and is taking it out on someone else.

Sorry about you're luck Bobba Wuss

life

life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

I agree with boba fett with everything your the man boba appreciate you! and it would be really cool if they made more droid units or darth maul.

• BobaFett and Mattropolis like this

someguy11

someguy11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
Was there a story where ig88 planned a droid revolution or something ?

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Was there a story where ig88 planned a droid revolution or something ?

Yes, and he even planned on transferring himself into the death Star.

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

go away yankeefan. no one wants you here

• TGO and TheEmpireBringsSexyBack like this

someguy11

someguy11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
Ig88 story in a deathstar centered cycle 😄

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

Ig88 story in a deathstar centered cycle

Haha, yeah, that does sound crazy, huh?

It's weird. The novels from the EU that I read weren't so great, but some of the short stories were really cool. I think it's got a lot to do with the form; you can pull a lot of neat tricks off in short stories that would just be too drawn out if they were made into novels.

shinobishaw

shinobishaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

It doesn't matter to me what the next deluxe is, if it has a Sucm Y-wing, I'll be forever happy, it could be the worst card ever and it would always be an auto include for me.

Comment: 7/10
Comment/username synergy: 10/10
  • CharlieFilms and Ywingscum like this