Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

4 Decks built from 2x Core Set

* * * * * 8 votes

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Vaelerys

Vaelerys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Does anyone still have these decks saved as octgn files? I'd like to play some practice matches with these

SAW

SAW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello, just picked up a couple of core sets, how do these decks play as 2 player ?

Thanks.

TimmehB86

TimmehB86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello, just picked up a couple of core sets, how do these decks play as 2 player ?

Thanks.

Hey SAW,
I've been playing joust with my wife and my brother in law over the last few months with the x2 core builds. It's been great other then the odd card that would have been more beneficial in melee.

Trizz

Trizz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi, new to LCG's here, I have a couple questions before I jump out and get a second core set.

Are there decks for Greyjoy and Martell built with just the deluxe expansion?

How do they compare to these decks built with the two core sets?

Thanks

TimmehB86

TimmehB86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

On the first page if you scroll down Greyjoy and Martell decks are found. I cant say anything for Martel...BUT the Greyjoy deck has been good against x2 core. With Martell expansion it has four restricted cards so it could be a pain to make a deck, then again I don't play Martell  :)

• Trizz likes this

TheBeardedDan

TheBeardedDan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Hi,

what decks would you recommend to build from 2xCore,PotS and KotS?

would the lists on the first page suffice or could some houses benefit from cards from these expansions?

SAW

SAW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Here comes my first try at making a Martell deck with PotS and the leftovers from 2 x Core after building the first four decks above. The main goal is to make a deck that is balanced compared to the other four above. This deck is not tested yet.Deck Built with CardGameDB.com GoT DeckbuilderMartellTotal Cards (60)House (1)House Martell (Core) x1Agenda (0)Character (31)House Messenger (PotS) x2House Dayne Knight (PotS) x2Paramour (PotS) x2Lord Edric's Knight (PotS) x2Orphan of the Greenblood (PotS) x2House Dayne Skirmisher (PotS) x2The Viper's Bannermen (PotS) x1House Dayne Reserves (PotS) x1Denys Mallister (PotS) x1Former Champion (PotS) x2The Red Viper (PotS) x2Arianne Martell (PotS) x1Doran Martell (PotS) x1Darkstar (PotS) x2Areo Hotah (PotS) x1Ellaria Sand (PotS) x2Harmen Uller (PotS) x1Sarella Sand (PotS) x1Shae (Core) x1Ser Arys Oakheart (PotS) x2Location (12)Shadowblack Lane (Core) x1Crossroads (Core) x2Dornish Fiefdoms (PotS) x2Lord Doran's Chambers (PotS) x1Summer Sea (Core) x2Palace Fountains (PotS) x2Water Garden (PotS) x2Event (10)Wars Are Won with Quills (PotS) x2Someone Always Tells (PotS) x2Blood for Blood (PotS) x1Parting Blow (PotS) x2Red Vengeance (PotS) x2The Prince's Wrath (PotS) x1Attachment (7)Taste for Blood (PotS) x2Formal Petition (PotS) x1Rusted Sword (PotS) x2Locked Away (PotS) x2Plot (7)Noose and Swordpoint (Core) x1Let My Porridge Fly (PotS) x1To the Spears! (PotS) x1Summoning Season (Core) x1Battle of Oxcross (PotS) x1Blockade (Core) x1Valar Morghulis (Core) x1

Hello,

Just finished build the last two decks with KotS and PotS, so what do I put into the Martell deck as I've used both Shadowblack Lanes in the Lannister and Targaryen decks ? Or do swap one of them out from the Lannister or Targaryen with something else ?

Thanks.

Jourhighness

Jourhighness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Iv'e got 2 x Core + KotS + PotS
If I would go for the 4 of the deluxe expansions for more deckbuildig options. Would Martell and Grejoy be able to keep up? (In terms of creating 6 decent balanced melee decks) 

If Martell is the underdog which packs do you suggest for rebalance, is there something they are lacking that the other houses now have?

example packs for rebalance: Time of Trials, On Dangerous Grounds ?

And if Greyjoy is the underdog?

example packs for rebalance: Reach of the Kraken, Fire and Ice?

Or will this kind of selfbalance with more packs? assigning good neutrals to the underpowered?

Thanks

taijibear

taijibear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
I am looking to potentially ease my and my boardgame fellows' way into this game by building it as a sort of board game for multiplayer. If I were to pick up the Core, and the deluxe expansion for each of the 4 great houses:

I - Could I build a deck for each, or would I need a few more core sets?
II - Would the decks be of comparable power level?
III - Would the game be deep enough to pull people further in with this setup?
IV - Are the recommended deck lists in the deluxe boxes any good, or would I need some help in building decks?

This is specifically for a group with vast card gaming experience, so complex interactions and such shouldn't be an issue.

agktmte

agktmte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1294 posts

I am looking to potentially ease my and my boardgame fellows' way into this game by building it as a sort of board game for multiplayer. If I were to pick up the Core, and the deluxe expansion for each of the 4 great houses:

I - Could I build a deck for each, or would I need a few more core sets?
II - Would the decks be of comparable power level?
III - Would the game be deep enough to pull people further in with this setup?
IV - Are the recommended deck lists in the deluxe boxes any good, or would I need some help in building decks?

This is specifically for a group with vast card gaming experience, so complex interactions and such shouldn't be an issue.

I - yes, but without multiple copies of the various plots it can be imbalanced, especially Valar Morghulis and Wildfire Assault.

II - it could probably be done, but you would probably need to build and tweak decks yourself to get there

III - i think so

IV - they are pretty good, but with only one core set you wouldn't be able to build all 4 houses' (most likely) from those provided lists at the same time.  I also don't know how well those decks work in a 4 player format.  I believe they were designed for the 1v1 joust variant.

One solution would to use proxies for cards you need extras from the core set, at least for the first time or two. Then if you like it you can invest in another core set or two to round everything out and then expand from there.

mic

mic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Hi All

first off great threat for newbies

thinking of buying into this lcg (why not i play all the rest) but am looking at only playing this game with 3 plus people. would 2 core sets be enough to kick off proceeding

cheers

Totalgit

Totalgit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Hi All

first off great threat for newbies

thinking of buying into this lcg (why not i play all the rest) but am looking at only playing this game with 3 plus people. would 2 core sets be enough to kick off proceeding

cheers

Yes. Build the decks in this thread and 4 people will be able to maul each other in melee with a equalish chance of winning.

mic

mic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

thanks Totalgit

impish1234

impish1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hallo,

Is it still okay if we use the 4 decks from the first post here?

And any possibility to get a decklist for the other 2 houses, which are balanced to this 4 decks?

We are a 6 Player Group and we are newbies in deckbuilding (and maybe to old) but we like the theme,

so it would be great if you can help me in this case.

At the Moment i bought 2 Core and all 6 big expansions - So ist not a big deal for me to buy extra small package's to build this balanced 6 decks.

markus

SharpStark7

SharpStark7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

L;;;;.IOOOOOCXIUUUUUUUUU1