Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fighters,Fighters,Fighters..Whats working/What isn't

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

I love Rahns set. He and it are ridiculous at times. I'm running him alongside Chewie in my 'Kick me in the Jimmys' deck.

Surely Chewie's height would put him at a disadvantage? xP

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2081 posts
I figure you just get a bigger swing. Either that or a well placed Tiger Uppercut.

TheMAC

TheMAC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

I just played a tie swarm deck (2X each black squadron objective, empire's best x2, kuat x2) vs a Jedi deck with Rahn. I just got destroyed. I tough I had a good start with elite pilot training and 2 ties on turn one but the opponent had survivor, last minute rescue and in you must go as starting objectives. Result is that I faced against a 1st turn luke with a lightsaber. It dint turn out very good. I'll try again with emperor's sword to have more punch with the delta tie and his pilot.

tunewalker

tunewalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Ya I just read "Survivors + Last Minute Rescue" in the opening drop and saw my jaw drop... that's an ouch combo for trying to kill things.... Luke is basically 4 damage needing to be done in 1 turn, oh what you did 2, 1 is ignore, the other is healed LAWLS....

hundreds

hundreds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Ya I just read "Survivors + Last Minute Rescue" in the opening drop and saw my jaw drop... that's an ouch combo for trying to kill things.... Luke is basically 4 damage needing to be done in 1 turn, oh what you did 2, 1 is ignore, the other is healed LAWLS....

Yeah it doesn't mean that TIE deck tanked... it just means that that Jedi deck got an awesome opening hand.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

I just played a tie swarm deck (2X each black squadron objective, empire's best x2, kuat x2) vs a Jedi deck with Rahn. I just got destroyed. I tough I had a good start with elite pilot training and 2 ties on turn one but the opponent had survivor, last minute rescue and in you must go as starting objectives. Result is that I faced against a 1st turn luke with a lightsaber. It dint turn out very good. I'll try again with emperor's sword to have more punch with the delta tie and his pilot.

Rahn is super hard for TIEs to handle. I think you have to be really aggressive and race the dial before they get units out to have a shot against Rahn Jedi builds.

KirdanKenobi

KirdanKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Rahn is super hard for TIEs to handle. I think you have to be really aggressive and race the dial before they get units out to have a shot against Rahn Jedi builds.

I actually think that's a mistake most of the time when playing against Jedi. The trick I think when playing against Jedi is to wait to attack: either overwhelm them with numbers or counterattack when they don't have many defenders. Leaving no defenders against TIEs is generally a very bad idea. One I made today. =:(

You gotta leave some defenders with Jedi, unless you can win in one swoop. If you don't and they draw the Crow, you probably just lost.

With Rahn, the objective is worse than the man himself, and ties are better equipped to shut that business down directly. Backstabber (the pilot) can be good at overcoming some of the damage reduction though.

Baron Fel is crucial for TIEs to fight Jedi. Playing conservatively and leaving several defenders with edge 1 is difficult for Jedi to play against, because Jedi have a lot of edge enabled blast. Meanwhile making everyone elite makes you not care so much about tactics. And finally, putting him on a 181st intercepter helps contend the force. It won't win it if they're serious about it, but if they all-out attack, you'll probably get it on their turn, which is really nice.