Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Imperial Entanglements

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

Crouton

Crouton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Just announced by FFG during their session today: Imperial Entanglements.  Looks like a box for Navy and Smugglers.

• swtke likes this

Noonerz

Noonerz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

All six factions are supposed to be supported, but yeah. From the looks of it Navy and Smugglers. Needs moar Rebels. 

sdrewthomson

sdrewthomson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Yes!!

LethalHobo

LethalHobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts
Steve Horvath isn't a big lcg player So he may not know all the details. It did look like it was going to be navy and smuggler with pods for the other factions, maybe as a one of...similarly to BTS.

Thats my assumption. I can't see a single big box completely representing all 6 factions.

There was no card fan, only a box art pic. I'd expect a article previewing it on their website soonish.

skatepharmacy

skatepharmacy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
I imagine it will be the same layout as between the shadows, probably the format going forward

someguy11

someguy11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
Hopefully its not delayed like crazy

scwont

scwont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Speculation time: Officer and/or Capital Ship focus for the Navy, tying in with Thrawn from the current cycle.

Navy/Smuggler has a much more obvious thematic connection than Jedi/Scum did, so it's likely to be themed around something like Imperial blockades and Smuggler blockade running.

We also know that the deluxe box covers can have some red herrings (e.g. Boba on the EoD cover and Jabba on the BtS cover), so no guarantees we'll actually get Veers(?), Lando or Han in this expansion.

someguy11

someguy11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
I know one of the world champs has a Thrawn card in the works. Maybe it will be included here so it never cycles out. Pretty excited for this one. My hope is that there might be sets that tie together all the various strands navy has going. Be awesome to see for instance star destroyers that power up tie fighters or something along those lines.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

I know one of the world champs has a Thrawn card in the works. Maybe it will be included here so it never cycles out. Pretty excited for this one. My hope is that there might be sets that tie together all the various strands navy has going. Be awesome to see for instance star destroyers that power up tie fighters or something along those lines.

Do we know that for certain? I remember either Dennis or Matt sat they wanted to do him but for all we know that might have been shot down by FFG if a thrawn was already in the works.

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

Awesome! Can't wait to see a preview on the site.

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Awesome! Can't wait to see a preview on the site.

I hope its up on Monday, I want to see some new awesome Navy cards :D

• doctormungmung likes this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
Navy executor with admiral Ozzel please.

More walkers, both varieties, more troopers.
  • Crouton, doctormungmung and BrianV like this

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

I want officers, to bring Thrawns set up even more, also star destroyers and troopers would be awesome!

• doctormungmung and swtke like this

Fnnrqwin

Fnnrqwin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
I want something that will still matter when all these sets we keep mentioning are rotated out.

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

I'm not a Sith fan, but won't Sith be in pretty rough shape considering the current cycle is vehicle oriented?

Maybe they'll get a strong character in the deluxe, who knows.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

I'm not a Sith fan, but won't Sith be in pretty rough shape considering the current cycle is vehicle oriented?

Maybe they'll get a strong character in the deluxe, who knows.

no way.  Sith is fine, even against vehicles.  They still have lots of good events (storm, shockwave, deadly sight, aggression) that deal with vehicles just fine.  they still have good edge counts, and they have very powerful units with good combat icons.   Palpatine is, and probably always will be good, same with vader, who can always ping vehicles with his reaction (sorry gray squadron y-wings, you still can't stop vader!)

I played Booker with a vehicle deck the other weekend and he crushed the deck with a mono sith deck.  Just couldn't get anything going after a 1st turn vader plus good events kept my board from building up.  This is not to say i don't want Sith to get any good cards, merely that they are still very good in a vehicle heavy meta.

• Majestaat likes this

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2209 posts
The title of the set makes me think Han. Might be a Smugglers Sith box.

Crouton

Crouton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

The title of the set makes me think Han. Might be a Smugglers Sith box.

Even though FFG sometimes will put characters on the box cover that don't have cards in the actual box (Boba for EoD, Jabba for BtS), the actual factions advertised have always matched the contents. Even though it's not the clearest picture, we definitely see Han, Lando, and an AT-AT (the other guy kind of looks like Veers, but I'm not confident on that one). To me it's no doubt a Smugglers and Navy deluxe.

• Rio likes this

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts
Perfect choices.. Def factions in need o tthe most help

colsanders

colsanders

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Perfect choices.. Def factions in need o tthe most help

I think that Smugglers are still in fine shape, it's just that Jedi got up to the same power level during the last cycle. Rebels are currently the new hotness for this cycle, but last time I checked the Falcon, Chewie and Han is still a solid start for yellow decks.

Navy on the other hand has a lot of theme objective sets that just need one or two to finally push them to tier 1. Thrawn already has plenty of officers to combine with, Tarkin with protectors? Throw in Family Connections and the big Stormtrooper in his set gets protect, then Tagge gets protectors from Thrawn as well. Tagge is also a really nice target for Chain of Command.

The one subset for Navy I want fleshed out more than any other is Walkers. If Veers is in the box I could for sure see a pilot version of him with Blizzard 1.
  • tierdal likes this