Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tabletop Simulator mod for SWLCG

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

BigDaddyGoose

BigDaddyGoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I am making a Tabletop Simulator mod for Star Wars LCG. The only place I can find card scans is this database. However, save each card one-at-a-time is very frustrating. 

Is there a zip file containing all card images that I could use?

Any help would be appreciated.

• chunkygorillas likes this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3914 posts

Not really a rules question ;)

And sorry, I don't think such a thing exists officially.  Somebody out there who has the images for OCTGN can probably get you one though.

SmokeyJ

SmokeyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

I don't know how Tabletop Simulator works, but all the card image files someone might have for OCTGN use would not have file names corresponding to the card names, but unique GUID numbers corresponding to the set.xml files for each set from the OCTGN SWLCG game definition, so if the card image file names would need to correspond to the actual card titles, you'd have to individually rename approximately 1000 image files.

medfreeman

medfreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
That can be easily scripted (the renaming) using octgn game définition to take the name of the card.

BigDaddyGoose

BigDaddyGoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No scripting needed. TS is not a rules engine, its just a virtual environment. Card images can be named anything. I design deck files using the correct images for each faction and set.

The main point here is that I want to play, but game prices limit my purchases. There are TS mods for LotR, Game of Thrones, Netrunner, and Warhammer... but no Star Wars. I hope to correct this.

Budgernaut

Budgernaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

The main point here is that I want to play, but game prices limit my purchases. 

I'm going to sound like a jerk saying this, but if you can't pay, don't play.

I don't know if you realized this, but Fantasy Flight Games (who makes the LCGs) actually owns this site, so you are basically going to a company's forum and asking for ways to play their games without making any purchases. Seems a little underhanded to me.

But don't get too discouraged about the money. Nobody ever said you need a full play set to play these games. Just buy a core set to start off with. It's only $40 ($27 online) and is a lot of fun. Then you can just pick up the expansions that suit your fancy as you want them. It doesn't have to be a life-consuming investment.

• dbmeboy, KennedyHawk, darthbs and 2 others like this

BigDaddyGoose

BigDaddyGoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The advantage that virtual cards gives me is the ability to explore the game to DECIDE if I want to purchase. If I can't get a good handle on the game, I won't be able to teach it to others I wish to play with.

It also gives me the option of playing with someone online at anytime without getting out of bed or driving anywhere. (My health prevents me from leaving my house often.)

But in case anyone is interested:

http://steamcommunit...htext=star wars

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

I will give it a try, I've only used Table Top sim once, tried playing chess and people just kept flipping the table instead of playing...

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

The advantage that virtual cards gives me is the ability to explore the game to DECIDE if I want to purchase. If I can't get a good handle on the game, I won't be able to teach it to others I wish to play with.

It also gives me the option of playing with someone online at anytime without getting out of bed or driving anywhere. (My health prevents me from leaving my house often.)

But in case anyone is interested:

http://steamcommunit...htext=star wars

You can already do this with OCTGN and LackyLCG do we need a third simulator?

America

America

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

I'm going to sound like a jerk saying this, but if you can't pay, don't play.

I don't know if you realized this, but Fantasy Flight Games (who makes the LCGs) actually owns this site, so you are basically going to a company's forum and asking for ways to play their games without making any purchases. Seems a little underhanded to me.

But don't get too discouraged about the money. Nobody ever said you need a full play set to play these games. Just buy a core set to start off with. It's only $40 ($27 online) and is a lot of fun. Then you can just pick up the expansions that suit your fancy as you want them. It doesn't have to be a life-consuming investment.

Hear the guy out. 

If he wants to play virtual SWLCG, who are we to judge? 

What format do you need the images in? 

• Jarrett likes this