Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Evasive Maneuvers Release Update

* * * * * 3 votes star-wars-lcg

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

Blake333

Blake333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

they better get attack and run expansion ship fast

Thought you quit the game?
And if not can you atleast wait till evasive drops before you complain about the next sets release dates?
  • CharlieFilms likes this

Pipes

Pipes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 156 posts

Hey there Evan!

This is EXACTLY what FFG should be doing to shine a positive light on all of these delays. 

Evan, can you divulge/ confirm what led to the delays? Was it the current strike, or some otherworldly factor?

Also will we have all six packs available for Gen Con?

Anyway, thanks for the update.

The Force will be with you, always.

Hi AussieJedi-

Unfortunately, I'm unable to divulge the exact cause of the delay at this time. Suffice it to say that the issue has been fully resolved and should not resurface. 

Regarding the amount of releases for GenCon, we're planning to have *at least* the first five packs in the Rogue Squadron cycle out before the con.

Thanks!

Evan

• Jarrett, doctormungmung, Wrath87 and 3 others like this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

So the exact same thing as last year. The key is that you guys have the deluxe or by worlds, although it would be nice if you guys could get a full cycle out in 7 months for nationals, and the deluxe out in October.

I'm not sure why this isn't the aim anyways but it should be if all we're going to get is one cycle and one deluxe a year. (Should be slightly more but it is what it is).

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
I agree with Boba, Evan. I think we all expected that we have 5 packs available for Gencon as we've had in the past, but the change we would really like to see is the Deluxe releasing in time for Worlds. Having only one pack in between Gencon and Worlds these past two years has been less then ideal in I'm sure everyone's view.
  • Jarrett likes this

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

I agree with Boba, Evan. I think we all expected that we have 5 packs available for Gencon as we've had in the past, but the change we would really like to see is the Deluxe releasing in time for Worlds. Having only one pack in between Gencon and Worlds these past two years has been less then ideal in I'm sure everyone's view.

Quite. Almost half a year with no cards was icky.

Pipes

Pipes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 156 posts

POPULAR

Regarding a deluxe expansion out before Worlds, I can sincerely say that everyone at FFG wants that to happen, and will do everything possible to make it happen. That said, we're simply too far out at the moment for me to say anything with any degree of certainty. 

I hope to provide more updates as I know more. 

Evan

• mischraum, shinobishaw, DavFlamerock and 13 others like this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Regarding a deluxe expansion out before Worlds, I can sincerely say that everyone at FFG wants that to happen, and will do everything possible to make it happen. That said, we're simply too far out at the moment for me to say anything with any degree of certainty. 

I hope to provide more updates as I know more. 

Evan

great, thx for the info!  keep us posted on the deluxe release.

• KennedyHawk likes this

Utinni

Utinni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
Thanks for updating us. As much as my curiosity is peaked at why delays happen, I don't think its that important that the reasons are shared. I do think its good that players who dedicate significant time and money to the game (mostly in going to events for this game since the buy in cost is minimal) are updated on release schedules and such as much as possible. The when of a release or delay is important to share, the why a delay happens isn't important. And its great to hear that ffg is trying to get certain things out in a way that helps the competitive player experience, understanding that unforseen issues come up. Please let us know if they do.

Thanks again.
  • mischraum, yodaman, KennedyHawk and 1 other like this

Tk426

Tk426

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Fool me once FFG, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you. Unless it hits next week were looking at almost a 7-8 weeks between force packs. While that is still getting 1 pack out a month it's pushing the envelope. How come Netrunner never has these delays. And as far as Imperial Entanglements you say FFG hopes to have it out by worlds. It sounds like your already setting us up not to have it and worlds is 6 months away. I was really thinking FFG was heading in the right direction but not so sure anymore. I will give you credit for addressing the community so I thank you for that.
  • BobaFett likes this

Blake333

Blake333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Fool me once FFG, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you. Unless it hits next week were looking at almost a 7-8 weeks between force packs. While that is still getting 1 pack out a month it's pushing the envelope. How come Netrunner never has these delays. And as far as Imperial Entanglements you say FFG hopes to have it out by worlds. It sounds like your already setting us up not to have it and worlds is 6 months away. I was really thinking FFG was heading in the right direction but not so sure anymore. I will give you credit for addressing the community so I thank you for that.

Surprising. That you don't realize a basic reason why STAR WARS would take longer to approve compared to net runner. STAR WARS. You need LFL approval for original art, then approval for finished card art. And then you MIGHT need Disney approval now as well.
  • CharlieFilms likes this

Tk426

Tk426

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Surprising. That you don't realize a basic reason why STAR WARS would take longer to approve compared to net runner. STAR WARS. You need LFL approval for original art, then approval for finished card art. And then you MIGHT need Disney approval now as well.

I am aware of the process it takes to get approval for a Star Wars lincesed game. I thought I've read that FFG gets the entire cycle printed at once and then they distribute the pack out themselves. So at this point it has nothing to do with getting approval of any kind from LFL.
  • fliptheforce likes this

TopHatGorilla

TopHatGorilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

That's some good news, Evan. Unfortunately, you didn't phrase it in the form of a question.

America

America

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

My friend Pau in Spain said he just got his force pack. Did you guys know this set has Mace Windu's Lightsaber?

• TheEmpireBringsSexyBack, fliptheforce, BakaMatt and 1 other like this

fliptheforce

fliptheforce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

I am aware of the process it takes to get approval for a Star Wars lincesed game. I thought I've read that FFG gets the entire cycle printed at once and then they distribute the pack out themselves. So at this point it has nothing to do with getting approval of any kind from LFL.

I believe it was Steve that announced at the State of the Union at Worlds 2014 that the entire cycle arrives at once.  Also, it would have had to go shipping this week to meet the May date, I believe.  

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

My friend Pau in Spain said he just got his force pack. Did you guys know this set has Mace Windu's Lightsaber?

Evasive Maneuvers has been released in Spain already? 

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

It's a hobby business man, they are doing their best. They love and die by community support. Very few if any people are getting rich at FFG. They arnt apple or walmart.

All we can ask for is transparency which we now have. Let's not ruin that by throwing it in their faces.

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Spain had the entire cycle 6 months ago.  

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Spain had the entire cycle 6 months ago.  

For real?  :huh:

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

No, its a running joke that Spain has a force pack first or the entire cycle.

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

No, its a running joke that Spain has a force pack first or the entire cycle.

By a running joke he means 1 time 8-9 releases ago Spain got something 1 week early. There's still 5-6 community members who use this as a joke at any time possible. Maybe when it's two years back the joke will stop being funny? You'll also find there is a running bathroom joke because one store didn't have a toilet for regionals. Just addressing that one up front before it comes up.