Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hidden from the Empire - Evasive Maneuvers Jedi Set

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

Marginal0

Marginal0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

So let me get this straight:

Let's suppose you flop this objective along with the swamp one. You fetch a spider. How exactly is DS ever playing more than one unit now? You swoop in with the Falcon, deal its damage, and focus whatever tries to get some damage on this objective, and repeat. Now the game is balanced enough to 'award' the opponent with more edge-cards so they can strike first and end the nightmare, making this 'lock' far from all-powerful obviously, but it just seriously cuts down the fun-factor, especially considering this set's main and Yoda their abilities circumvent the restriction. I also shouldn't mention that the Yoda you get will snow under the DS unit with focus tokens. Playing both the Yoda-event and the main (upon playing their big unit) makes for a nasty attack on your next turn.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3892 posts
DS will get to at least 2 units. One turn 1, and then at least 1 more on turn 2 (because LS cannot win with just the spider on the board unless the rest of their deck is Target of Opportunities). Also starting turn 2 the DS can attempt to turn off Hidden if they think it's in their best interest. If their early plays were units that can stop multiple attackers by themselves though (eg Palpatine, Xizor) they may not want to turn off Hidden because it may be hurting the LS just as much.

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

I've had the chance to play both with and against the Hidden from the Empire set in a variety of builds over the past week or so and I personally don't think it's OP.  It does seem to force both people to play differently though than they might otherwise, but that's not a bad thing.

• SeeThreebilbo likes this

Troopershark

Troopershark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Hidden from the Empire is not really the problem, the reason why the game is off tilt now is all about May the Force be With you...

Test games with swamp / Hidden and other combinations of cards, but without MTFBWY, and you will find the LS actually has to struggle in the early game between playing few units to keep Hidden powerful, keep getting the force back to slow the dial and get some damage in.  MTFBWY allows LS to pretty much do it all with one unit per turn and Jubba's

hundreds

hundreds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

MTFBWY you is obviously necessary for the LS (and Jedi in particular) to have a strong chance of winning. I just wish it were sliiiiightly less powerful. Limiting it to once per turn was helpful, but not really that impactful. I would suggest that the pod be a limit of one per deck.

Yoda You Seek Yoda is basically like having a cheaper version of Yoda right in the set, so it's not like limiting it to 1 per would really reduce your chances of seeing your main.

• yodaman likes this