Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hidden from the Empire - Evasive Maneuvers Jedi Set

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

On a side note... Core yoda stock just went up ;)

ffg_yoda-core-2-2.png

AllTheSithDudes

AllTheSithDudes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Hidden From the Shadows is just too bonkers.  New Yoda has 3 edge enabled tactics.  In my Jedi deck I have often dropped Trust Your Feelings on him, you could potentially lock 3 enemy units in perpetual tactics while Yoda and 1 other unit fight unopposed for the remainder of the game.

• Boreas likes this

doctormungmung

doctormungmung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Hmmm, I wonder if now the DS not playing any units their first turn is a decent move...  Particularly if they can build up their resources, or start messing with the LS objectives via Shadows or Super Laser.  Although with no units, they're very likely not taking the force.

• pantsyg likes this

doctormungmung

doctormungmung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Hmmm, I wonder if now the DS not playing any units their first turn is a decent move...  Particularly if they can build up their resources, or start messing with the LS objectives via Shadows or Super Laser.  Although with no units, they're very likely not taking the force.

I just realized, that one DS unit first turn is most likely committed to the force.  This deal is getting worse all the time....

• Jarratt likes this

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

Hidden From the Shadows is just too bonkers.  New Yoda has 3 edge enabled tactics.  In my Jedi deck I have often dropped Trust Your Feelings on him, you could potentially lock 3 enemy units in perpetual tactics while Yoda and 1 other unit fight unopposed for the remainder of the game.

oh dear god i didnt even think about this .... leh sigh.

Now not only is my Emp/Executor BURRIED under tactics but I can't even DEPLOY other units.

:(

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

I just realized, that one DS unit first turn is most likely committed to the force.  This deal is getting worse all the time....

I'm altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further.

InbredJed

InbredJed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

don't forget the spiders...

Utinni

Utinni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
So if the objective is out, DS on the first turn (and other applicable scenarios) cannot play a pilot on a fighter, right?

AllTheSithDudes

AllTheSithDudes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

don't forget the spiders...

I completely forgot about that, tactics and they don't count as units during the DS deploy phase.  You could have new Yoda and 2 spiders out for 5 tactics to lock 2 units.  Yoda and the spiders are good to go and DS can't drop in a new unit without something tricky happening.  What's worse is the DS player won't be able to dump their hand to look for the trick since they aren't participating in battles.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

So if the objective is out, DS on the first turn (and other applicable scenarios) cannot play a pilot on a fighter, right?

I don't see why not. Pilots played as enhancements should circumvent the objective.
  • MonteKev likes this

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

Remember those threads i made complaining about jedi? :P Looks like they had the opposite impact. So from now on im going to complain about how bad jedi is :P

doctormungmung

doctormungmung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

I completely forgot about that, tactics and they don't count as units during the DS deploy phase.  You could have new Yoda and 2 spiders out for 5 tactics to lock 2 units.  Yoda and the spiders are good to go and DS can't drop in a new unit without something tricky happening.  What's worse is the DS player won't be able to dump their hand to look for the trick since they aren't participating in battles.

Ok, that's just as degenerate as a HATC/Freeholders first turn win, but even less fun, because it's drawn out.

Utinni

Utinni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

I don't see why not. Pilots played as enhancements should circumvent the objective.

But they are units in your hand and don't become enhancements until the last step of playing a card. I'll look it up when I get home.

AegonTargaryen

AegonTargaryen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

It appears like Ties will lose a deployment phase. They will often be able to shut the obective down in their first attack phase with Backstabber or Target, even if they loose the edge. We'll see. But that being said, I am also not very happy about this and some doubts are creeping into my mind about the overall development of the game.  

• TGO, tierdal, Utinni and 1 other like this

brimmstorm

brimmstorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

This set is really good but it doesn't slot in to the mono jedi deck everyone has been using so far. To me it makes a new kind of deck. What are you going to take out of the current jedi deck? Yodas? Spiders? Luke? Rahn? The deck is so tight I don't think it fits.

• Magpieman, SeeThreebilbo, pantsyg and 1 other like this

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

I think the power Sith Navy (and maybe Scum) pods ARE coming. I just don't know why they designed crap pods at all =/ The entire advantage of the pod system is the ability to create powerful cards and balance them in a set. Every pod should be good....the opportunity cost is how big your deck will be.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

This set is really good but it doesn't slot in to the mono jedi deck everyone has been using so far. To me it makes a new kind of deck. What are you going to take out of the current jedi deck? Yodas? Spiders? Luke? Rahn? The deck is so tight I don't think it fits.

might do a 1of rahn/1 of this.

Thos enhancments are AMAZING - and you get 2? You make your yoda UNTOUCHABLE (outside of 3 force choke vader reactions if you dont have a shield/protector)

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

The objective helps both sides. It doesn't matter what you are playing. On your turn you will have a 1 unit advantage over your opponent. Use it wisely. WHen does the DS deploy much more than 1 on the first turn anyway. In fact you are safer deploying just one unit anyway. If they Swamp then they will likely have to get a Spider.

What I think is bad is that suddenly Sleuths could be back in a major way.

Speaking of vehicles, here is my questions regarding the objective. If I play a Tie like the 181 Interceptor, can I then play Baron Fel on the interceptor as an enhancement or does the objective stop that because Fel is actually a unit and doesn't become an enhancement until it enters play. Because that would be super lame.

[EDIT] I just looked it up and I think it is fine. The key text "In order to play the unit as a Pilot Enhancement you must pay the Pilot cost. So if you pay the pilot cost it is being played as an enhancement not a unit. 

The thing I don't get is the Main. There are several Keywords in the game, they all are essentially abilities. So if you have a keyword and an ability you have 2 abilities. They are Shielding, Elite, Protect, Targeted Strike, Edge (I'll ignore Pilot, No Enhancements and Limited for now because they are about deployment or mechanics more than abilities). It makes sense that the Jedi are good at all of these things, but from a design space it is really silly that the Jedi are good at all of these things. The LS doesn't have heaps of Elite units, but Jedi have some of the main ones, Shielding and Protect are dominated by Jedi, Edge is a bit more scattered and Targeted Strike is actually only on 2 units. Luckily the designers figure that TS was really best as a DS ability. I just don't see why Jedi needed more Shielding.

I don't think the guy that gets cards back will be as abusive in a game where you draw a full hand. Recursion from discard and card draw are much more abusive in game where you draw 1 card a turn.

I really wish this set was Smugglers. It makes so much more sense to me as a yellow set. In the same way that Jubba's could have been Red with fighters instead of creatures. 

I'm not totally sold that this set is the one that broke the Jedi back. It still really goes back to MTFBWY. Without MTFBWY this set doesn't have the same kind of potential. It changes the way you might play out a game a little bit but that is actually interesting. With MTFBWY you have the unit advantage on your turn and the ability to unfocus into commitment given you a good chance on the next turn.

• CharlieFilms likes this

TheMAC

TheMAC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Well if there is no unit in play the opponent can still play 1 unit, but if it costs more than 3, maybe the free jedi will come in !
At least they made it while undamaged, it almost makes me want to play sith witches.

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

@ggressive @assault gets better again.

Those AT-AT's like to eat up Jedi and there fancy shielding enhancement builds.

• hundreds, Majestaat, yodaman and 3 others like this