Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Attack Run up on CardgameDB

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

I like the new boba set but I do see one weakness to boba himself.  He doesn't do anything while on a ship.  Hes great using bail out and putting into play from discard pile using the edge card.  But what it the ship hes piloting just gets locked down with focus tokens and never destroyed?  Then boba gets to sit in a ship at watch the battle threw the window.  For that reason, I don't really want him piloting the new slave.  I want him on something thats easier to kill with the slave on the board so I can retrieve him when bobas vehicle dies.  The only way to avoid this that I can think of is to kill your own units to free up boba.  I wish boba at least added something like elite to whatever he pilots or gave an additional bonus to the slave if hes on it much like manalorin armor works for him.  I know I'm nit-picking and I do like the set.  Just thinking of ways to deal with it

Slave I doesn't get any benefit from being piloted, so you're right that it wouldn't be a good idea to put Boba on his own ship. Design-wise I like that they've chosen not to make the pilot or ship abilities require matching pilots to certain ships, that route would have made pilots way to combo-centric.

181st Interceptors, Fighter Patrols, and Black Sun Headhunters are all good targets for Boba; the first two because they gain benefits from their pilots, the latter because you can control when/if he bails out or goes to discard. He's also not bad on any of the one-health fighters, since you often want him to not stay on the board but bounce from ship to ship, either by coming back to hand with Slave I or going into the discard to come back with Stay On Target.  

DavFlamerock

DavFlamerock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

I'm just so excited about the new Luke. Rogue Squadron, get there!

2x Pilot Luke

2x Rogue Squadron

2x Defense of Yavin 4

2x Hoth Wedge

1x Desperation

1x B-Wings

It only has four resources but Pilot Luke has a 5-2 objective and Defense of Yavin 4 will help deploy when I need to deploy (and re-drawing off of Rogue Squad helps use Yavin 4)

• Jarratt likes this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

181st Interceptors, Fighter Patrols, and Black Sun Headhunters are all good targets for Boba; the first two because they gain benefits from their pilots, the latter because you can control when/if he bails out or goes to discard. He's also not bad on any of the one-health fighters, since you often want him to not stay on the board but bounce from ship to ship, either by coming back to hand with Slave I or going into the discard to come back with Stay On Target.  

yes, this is exactly what you want to do with him.  It's a little strange but many of these pilots they are putting out don't actually want to be on their ships and be on other ships.  Slave 1 is now a solid unit, and these are the exact stats it should have had last go around.

Boba on headhunters will be real nice as you can always let them die to either "bail out" or stay on target him back on.  as you said, pantsyg, on the fighter patrols, they gain alot of great icons, and this is one more pilot that is perfect on interceptors for the 3 force icons.

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
Play Boba on Tie Fighter, kill him with Defense Protocol, return them to hand with The Empire's Elite and play them again or just use SoT.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

For my first Boba deck, I'm thinking 2 Boba, 2 Virago, 2 Fel, Training Procedure, Defense Protocol, Slimy Scheme, Tat Crash. Stays on the right side of the affiliation match, and has 2 twists and enhancement removal in Crash. 

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
Kuat, Protocol, Baron, Fett, Training.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
I'm thinking pilot fett, virago, slimiest scheme, Fel, and defense protocol.
  • Jarratt likes this

BakaMatt

BakaMatt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

I'm thinking of trying this:

Imperial Navy 
1x Sabotage in the Snow (Assault on Echo Base 58-1) 
1x Repair and Refurbish (Balance of the Force 95-1) 
2x The Empire’s Elite (Ready for Takeoff 144-1) 
2x Training Procedures (Evasive Maneuvers 154-1) 
2x Defending the Trench (Attack Run 159-1) 
2x The Hunter’s Flight (Attack Run 160-1) 

Blake333

Blake333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

The two Leias don't cost the same.

So there's precedent for changing it.

You are right. But didn't she gain force sensitive or force user?

BakaMatt

BakaMatt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Both Leias are Force Sensitive. The "Boushh" version from the challenge decks is also a 3 cost.

I'm thinking 3 is Leia's "normal" cost and the Core one was lower to make up for the 1 damage capacity design.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

My initial thoughts are that boba is a game changer. Another way to capture from play and activate boush for dial clicks. It also keeps your opponent off balance and goes GREAT with the good head hunters. I think it makes scum super competitive.

I am curious if there is a boba+ties deck as well that may work.

Lastly...vader I am not sure. Does this "make ties work" ? I am unsure and I need to see it in action to see if it gives you what you really need. 

Re-curing a 5 pip card though is insane.

someguy11

someguy11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
Boba doesnt trigger Boush.

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

For my first Boba deck, I'm thinking 2 Boba, 2 Virago, 2 Fel, Training Procedure, Defense Protocol, Slimy Scheme, Tat Crash. Stays on the right side of the affiliation match, and has 2 twists and enhancement removal in Crash.

Scheme and Training Procedure are both affiliation only. You have to choose your combo. But that is great because then you have 2 different styles of deck.

Also in response to other things I've read, to play Fett as a pilot you need a resource match. I'm not sure how 8 Navy 2 Scum with Navy affiliation is going to work. Stay on Target?

BakaMatt

BakaMatt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Also in response to other things I've read, to play Fett as a pilot you need a resource match. I'm not sure how 8 Navy 2 Scum with Navy affiliation is going to work. Stay on Target?

I was misremembering pilot and forgot the resource match.

I still think it works, you pitch Fett to Edge and spring him later with Stay on Target. There are 4 copies of SoT in the deck, so it shouldn't be impossible. That would still count as attaching for his reaction, right?

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3914 posts

I was misremembering pilot and forgot the resource match.

I still think it works, you pitch Fett to Edge and spring him later with Stay on Target. There are 4 copies of SoT in the deck, so it shouldn't be impossible. That would still count as attaching for his reaction, right?

Yes.  Basically, any time Fett goes from a state of not being attached to Vehicle A to being attached to Vehicle A, his Reaction can be triggered.  That includes being played from hand, put into play from Stay on Target, or moved via Training Procedures or Cularian Cultist.

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
The Cultists has great overall synergy with Boba in that case.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

Boba doesnt trigger Boush.

is he not considered a unit as he is reacting to being attached? has there been a ruling here?

doctormungmung

doctormungmung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

When pilots are on vehicles, they are enhancements, and no longer units.  Fett's ability is triggered off of his being a pilot, and thus when it goes off, he is officially an enhancement. 

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Yes.  Basically, any time Fett goes from a state of not being attached to Vehicle A to being attached to Vehicle A, his Reaction can be triggered.  That includes being played from hand, put into play from Stay on Target, or moved via Training Procedures or Cularian Cultist.

My guess is the training procedure/Fett combo won't be around for too long.   Being able to just clear someones board every turn (even on their turn), seems a bit much to me.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

That makes sense - just went back and re-read. He has to be attached first, vs just entering play.