Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Community-made Unofficial Strategy Guide for SW:TCG

- - - - - Strategy unofficial community

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

I hope Devastator can show up in more recent decks when some new cards come out.  It is really fun, and I usually don't even play Navy.

• Fayde likes this

Fayde

Fayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

I can only assume telegraphing describes saving resources for a specific unit/event? Like, Ackbar being able to be deployed during an engagement?

Good lists! I found it interesting that no one said Vader for Sith. Not that I disagree, just an unexpected observation.

Fayde

Fayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

I still have a Devastator in my Navy/capital ships deck. Not tournament worthy I'm sure, but still love that unit.

TheNameWasTaken

TheNameWasTaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

I can only assume telegraphing describes saving resources for a specific unit/event? Like, Ackbar being able to be deployed during an engagement?

Yeah, that's the meaning I (and others, I've seen) use it with.

Vader is great, no question about it - it's just that he doesn't quite have the impact on the board state that his master does, and Palpatine's pod is all around better

• SeeThreebilbo likes this

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

But their synergy is fantastic.  Really, they work best together.  It's still really cool that they make the Core relevant.  Not that other sets don't, but they define their faction so well.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
I was going to say Vader was the best Sith card. He's easier to get out, and his ability defined the game for a long time. Palp def has the best icons in core, but really palp, Vader, choke, and lightning are on a similar tier to me.
  • SeeThreebilbo and Fayde like this

Fayde

Fayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

So, I am going to try to put together a "wip" guide with everything we've gotten done so far. It will be a good point-to for new players and maybe some experienced players alike.
The main reason is that I am going to be starting school back up next week and will have very little time, if any, to dedicate to this subject. While I plan to keep this thread going with new ideas and fish for more articles, I doubt I will be much of a contributor during that time. But I do want some kind of product to come out of this. Just more of a fyi than anything. Hopefully I will start formatting out everything tomorrow.

VOTE:
Are there any specific articles that should be included that already exist? I will include them with a link to their original source in the guide as well as giving credit to those who wrote it. Something that hit home with your personally? Please leave a link if possible so it will save time when I collect all of the responses.

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

GroggyGolem's articles are specifically geared towards beginners.  They're really good first steps.

• Fayde likes this

Fayde

Fayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

I have uploaded the PDF of the guide in its current state. Whenever the boardgamegeek mods approve the file, I will post a link! It is a far cry from a finished product, but it could still be very helpful to new players and a nice place to direct those new players.

• SeeThreebilbo and senator52 like this

jakube

jakube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Hey, could you give me your opinions about this one, please?

http://www.cardgamed...k/scumsith-r202

Thanks!

Fayde

Fayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

At first glance (I don't have too much time to go into it) I would reduce The Imperial Bureaucracy and All Out Brawl to one-of pods. Not because they are not great pods, but because they are fairly situational in my opinion.
In their place I would add either X2 Fall of the Jedi (Vader works really nicely with Dark Precog, Endless Bureaucracy and Force Choke). Or add 1 or more The Hunters to play off of your capturing combo your playing (especially a well-timed Chain Reaction).

Again, I haven't really gone into depth here. But my current Sith deck works a lot nicer with 1 Imperial Bureaucracy instead of two. Seems like a better "support" pod and add more fire-power in the place of the second one.
All Out Brawl is pretty situational. Thyne is pretty awesome but it is fairly rare that your opponent will take the bait and kill him. There are better units that are far less situational.

What is important is the fact that you're having fun. My opinion matters far, far less than your ability to enjoy your deck. However, if you're playing tournament-grade, then I can't comment much since I've never done a tournament/OP game.