Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Endor cycle!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2217 posts
This maybe a dumb question, but are you only able to make 3 attacks a turn or only attack a different objective? So if you play a mission can you star 4 engagements?

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

You know what this means? Given enough blast - Navy can actually win earlier now. 4 objs on the board (1 being a mission)

Navy is probably my favorite DS affiliation so I'm very excited to see that they're getting more love from the designers.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

I don't see what the big deal is with the faction wording. I use that term all the time, they are factions after all.

So does the New Han Solo effectively let's you strike an objective twice on a turn and also be able to do 4 engagements in a turn. Also, of your attacking a mission, does that allow a 4th engagement per turn?

Yes - you can now declare 4 or more engagements a turn.

New han doesnt make alot of sense to me since he strikes? That i am a bit confused about. do the defenders move with him?

holliday88

holliday88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Missions are exactly what I would have liked objectives to be. Very cool!

• tierdal likes this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Yes - you can now declare 4 or more engagements a turn.

do we have confirmation on this or are you just guessing, because before the pilot (x) mechanic, you could have multiple pilots on 1 vehicle, and we've seen that change with a new mechanic.

theChony

theChony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

do we have confirmation on this or are you just guessing, because before the pilot (x) mechanic, you could have multiple pilots on 1 vehicle, and we've seen that change with a new mechanic.

Without quoting the rules, I don't think rules limit you to hard three engagements per turn. Only limit is each objective can be engaged once. 

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3924 posts
TheChony has it.

Also, a little premature to be worrying about how exactly Mission rules (and the "out-of-faction") wording work when we don't have the sure to be included rules insert yet, isn't it?

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

I think you have a perfectly valid point - I am hoping this won't change though!

It adds new flavor to the game which is awesome! 

Then again I never got the "1 pilot per" rule. Especially for capital ships... Maybe vehicles should have pilot limits on them - ala the CCG

• BobaFett likes this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Without quoting the rules, I don't think rules limit you to hard three engagements per turn. Only limit is each objective can be engaged once.

The rules also didn't limit you to a single pilot before the rogue squadron cycle either, and that was changed, so that's my point.

@dbmeboy, and God forbid we ask questions and try to understand and discuss new mechanics before they are actually released, sheesh....

theChony

theChony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

The rules also didn't limit you to a single pilot before the rogue squadron cycle either, and that was changed, so that's my point.

@dbmeboy, and God forbid we ask questions and try to understand and discuss new mechanics before they are actually released, sheesh....

You answered your own question. We'll have to wait for the rules to see exactly how Missions and Objectives are different. Can't wait for my six copies of rules inserts!

• BobaFett likes this

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

The Good - DS event cancel.

The Bad - More Ewoks.

The Ugly - WTF is that thing on the Head of Security art?

• shinobishaw likes this

holliday88

holliday88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

The Good - DS event cancel.

The Bad - More Ewoks.

Isn't that Ephont Man? One of the most rare/expensive of the 80's action figures. I think he was in the Decipher game too.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

My guess, Ephont Mon.

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Right now, with A Journey to Dagobah, Wookie Navigator, a bunch of units and unfocusing effects, you could have way more than 3 engagements a turn. I don't think they will limit that. But they may limit the number of active missions. Or not, should you choose to spread your forces

shinobishaw

shinobishaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

My guess, Ephont Mon.

Most likely correct, the species is definitely a Whiphid, and Ephant Mon was the most famous member of that race

theChony

theChony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Isn't that Ephont Man? One of the most rare/expensive of the 80's action figures. I think he was in the Decipher game too.

Right, was a badass security guard in the CCG. Really limited the opponent.

theChony

theChony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Most likely correct, the species is definitely a Whiphid, and Ephant Mon was the most famous member of that race

At the risk of sounding like a nerd on a Star Wars card game enthusiasts forum, Whiphid is a hairy beast with tusks, likes Hoth. I forget Ephant Mon's race...
  • thedaffodilfish likes this

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

Right now, with A Journey to Dagobah, Wookie Navigator, a bunch of units and unfocusing effects, you could have way more than 3 engagements a turn. I don't think they will limit that. But they may limit the number of active missions. Or not, should you choose to spread your forces

Does Han move his whole team or just him?

TheJanitor

TheJanitor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

At the risk of sounding like a nerd on a Star Wars card game enthusiasts forum, Whiphid is a hairy beast with tusks, likes Hoth. I forget Ephant Mon's race...

I'll embrace sounding like a Star Wars nerd. Ephant Mon is a chevin.
  • shinobishaw and theChony like this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3924 posts

Sure, I'm all for trying to understand the rules.  I was meaning to address the complaints about the templating (eg "how can the Mission be in your opponent's control and allow you to trigger the Reaction?" or "what's up with out-of-faction?  that doesn't have a defined meaning!") when the intent is pretty clear and it seems safe to assume that those would be addressed in the rules when released.

As far as number of engagements per turn, there are currently no rules limiting number of engagements per turn.  You can get up to a pretty high number of engagement via Wookiee Navigator and effects that remove a focus to allow it to attack again.  Best I can come up with is DS has used Join Me to take 2 Wookiee Navigators, blows up 2 copies of Journey to Dagobah, engages one of the 3 remaining objectives with a committed wookiee navigator, rage to ready it, engages it again, rage to ready it, engages it again, engage it again, engages remaining objective 2/3 with remaining wookiee navigator, engages it again, engages remaining objective 3/3 (with enough Nudj's played, could potentially get another engagement in there via destroying an objective to get a rage back with Palpatine and getting another wookiee swing in) for 9+ engagements.  Sure, there could be a rule introduced that limits engagements to some number, but at that point it's just baseless speculating.

• Toqtamish likes this