Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I love this game. ..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts
...so much.

Between this, rebels and the new movie. ..tyne stink of the prequels is washing away.

I can be proud of star wars again. #tears
  • shinobishaw, Fayde and Arkard like this

Fayde

Fayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Haven't seen Rebels yet. Hadn't really had the chance (I don't have cable tv). How is it? I've heard mixed things about it.

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
It's sincerely good
  • shinobishaw likes this

shinobishaw

shinobishaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Haven't seen Rebels yet. Hadn't really had the chance (I don't have cable tv). How is it? I've heard mixed things about it.

Very, very good, IMO. The 2-part mid-season finale in particular is a great example of a show that sits comfortably in the "all-ages" entertainment category, as opposed to "children's" entertainment, if you know what I mean. If you have have some spare iTunes credit burning a hole in your pocket, you really could do a lot worse.

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

If I were to rank things Star Wars then I would Rank Rebels above all of the movies except Empire. It's light, it's funny, it's dark, it's heartbreaking, it's packed full of action and drama.

It's a stronger offering than Clone Wars which goes off the rails at times but also has some of the best Star Wars story lines out there. Also unlike Clone Wars and the prequels it feels like Star Wars.

I've heard people complain about Ezra but you know what, slightly whiney kids with interesting if not tragic character arcs (who knows what will happen to any of these characters) are also what Star Wars is all about.

I would definitely give it a shot.

For the record I would also rate both the LCG, Deciper CCG, Knights of the Old Republic and possibly a few other things above most of the movies. But Empire, Empire will always be king.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

If I were to rank things Star Wars then I would Rank Rebels above all of the movies except Empire. It's light, it's funny, it's dark, it's heartbreaking, it's packed full of action and drama.

It's a stronger offering than Clone Wars which goes off the rails at times but also has some of the best Star Wars story lines out there. Also unlike Clone Wars and the prequels it feels like Star Wars.

I've heard people complain about Ezra but you know what, slightly whiney kids with interesting if not tragic character arcs (who knows what will happen to any of these characters) are also what Star Wars is all about.

I would definitely give it a shot.

For the record I would also rate both the LCG, Deciper CCG, Knights of the Old Republic and possibly a few other things above most of the movies. But Empire, Empire will always be king.

KOTOR yes - hard to rate a card game over story based media - and the movies add to my enjoyment of the game.

I will say I ALMOST agree with you on Rebels VS Clone Wares...except for the following:

1) Star Wars was always the prequel era...it always existed. Sadly Lucsas vision fell flat on screen (as did Hayden Crapsenson)

2) Knowing this - The Clone Wars (series) gave us a REAL look into the fall of the jedi and what this era was REALLY like. It adds to the weight of the empire in Rebels and the trilogy. It basically "brought balance to the force" as far as the Clone Wars era goes - and that's not for nothing.

3) Clone Wars gives us a galaxy wide story alongside our heroes. We see mandalore...we see botha...we see so many cultures and they are fleshed out beauitfully...even George Lucas cameo race from the prequels receives a GREAT episode.

That being said I give ALOT of credit to Clone Wars for repairing the franchise...and Rebels just coasts off this with the added benefit of being in the era we all love.

As far as media goes...nothing in Clone Wars stands up to the FINALE or PREMIER of S1 and S2 respectively. NOTHING - except Empire.

You master has deceived you, into believing you can become a Jedi.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

And unfortunately, its a cartoon.   I just can't watch cartoons, unless they are stuff like Futurama or archer and just hilarious.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

And unfortunately, its a cartoon.   I just can't watch cartoons, unless they are stuff like Futurama or archer and just hilarious.

Give it a chance - you'll be surprised. Its a slow burn but the 2 part opener is really good.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

i won't be watching it.  Tried watching clone wars and, just couldn't do it.  I guess if i was 10 years old i might be able to stomach it, but not at 34.

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1241 posts

i won't be watching it. Tried watching clone wars and, just couldn't do it. I guess if i was 10 years old i might be able to stomach it, but not at 34.

I'm over 40 and I still watch toons and Japan animation. I've found some of the animated shows and movies to be handled with far more intelligence and maturity than their live action counterparts, to be frank.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

I'm over 40 and I still watch toons and Japan animation. I've found some of the animated shows and movies to be handled with far more intelligence and maturity than their live action counterparts, to be frank.

So much this.

You think avengers or batman is good. .. (ok Nolans a genius but I digress)

Justice League, batman tas, superman tas did more to bring those characters to life then any marvel movie save guardians.

Batman tas especially is why we have such amazing arkham games.

Watch beware the Grey ghost and tell me live action is thing only thing for adults.

Without Bruce tim and Paul DinI we would still be getting bat nippples

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

that was not a dig at anyone that watches cartoons, just thats when i really stopped watching them.  And actually what your saying about intelligence and maturity is the ones i really hate.  Funny adult cartoons are about the only ones i can stomach, like archer and Futurama.  I have lots of friends that love Japanese Anime, and other adult oriented stuff and I can't stand it.  If i am watching action or other genres i like live action stuff.  I love all of the marvel and DC super hero movies, i HATE the cartoons.  Just not my thing.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

that was not a dig at anyone that watches cartoons, just thats when i really stopped watching them. And actually what your saying about intelligence and maturity is the ones i really hate. Funny adult cartoons are about the only ones i can stomach, like archer and Futurama. I have lots of friends that love Japanese Anime, and other adult oriented stuff and I can't stand it. If i am watching action or other genres i like live action stuff. I love all of the marvel and DC super hero movies, i HATE the cartoons. Just not my thing.

Too each there own for sure. I'm just really surprised, astounded actually.

Have you seen the Mr frieze episode of batman tas. It won an Emmy !

Harley quinn? Yep doesn't exist without the cartoon.

The marvel movies are passable if anything save a few

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts
She has a mild cameo (more of a nod) in Arrow and is in Suicide Squad.

Fayde

Fayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

I was not into the Clone Wars, honestly. I may give it another shot now that it's on Netflix, but still. Wasn't a fan, by far, of the prequels and while I do not doubt the Clone Wars is a good show, it still gives me the aftertaste that the prequels had. Which is probably my own fault.
Thanks for the advice though. I will find a way to check it out. It would be nice to watch Star Wars with my young kids.

• shinobishaw likes this

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

...so much.

Between this, rebels and the new movie. ..tyne stink of the prequels is washing away.

I can be proud of star wars again. #tears

You know I love the players.  And you.  Love. The. Game.

• America and TheEmpireBringsSexyBack like this

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

star wars the clone wars was (mostly) really good.  star wars rebels is bad.  sorry.

• BobaFett and TheEmpireBringsSexyBack like this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

1. Have you seen the Mr frieze episode of batman tas. It won an Emmy !

2. Harley quinn? Yep doesn't exist without the cartoon.

3. The marvel movies are passable if anything save a few

1. Nope, never will, its a cartoon.

2. don't care.  maybe i will care about Harley Quinn after the suicide movie, but even then, still won't care about the cartoon version.

3.  I'd say they are more than "passable", as would the record numbers of people that are flocking to see everyone of their movies indicates.

Thing is, cartoons of all these shows were fine years ago before technology allowed the cinema to produce anything and everything to look completely lifelike, so i don't need cartoons, i'd rather watch shows or movies for real, than hand drawn or animated stuff.   my buddy loves Akira and ghost in the shell, i can't stand the cartoons, however, they are supposedly making live action moves of them, and i'll easily see them both.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts
I mean, again I totally get you dislike animation. I'm just surprised that you do. I'm not going to clock work orange you into watching them...but I'd definitely say give them another chance.... there is bad animation like anything else

The marvel movies are ok/passable... they arnt anywhere near Nolans batmans. They are almost all style no substance... guardians is probably their best outing.

They are great in that they are not Michael Bay awful. ...but I wouldn't use the amount of people who see something of proof that it is good. Michael Bay keeps making movies and getting crowds and those things are joke's

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

She has a mild cameo (more of a nod) in Arrow and is in Suicide Squad.

She was invented for batman tas. She did not exist in the comics previous to the animated cartoon
  • Fayde likes this