Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I love this game. ..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts
Gotcha, thought you meant hadn't been on screen.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

The marvel movies are ok/passable... they arnt anywhere near Nolans batmans. They are almost all style no substance... guardians is probably their best outing.

They are great in that they are not Michael Bay awful. ...but I wouldn't use the amount of people who see something of proof that it is good. Michael Bay keeps making movies and getting crowds and those things are joke's

The reviews of michael Bay's transformers movies have all been bad, a couple were terribly bad.  All of marvels movies, 2 avengers, 2 thors, 2 captain americas, 1 guardians, and 3 iron mans have all been very good.  With the exception of a couple of them, i've loved them all, seeing all my favorite superheroes in live action has been amazing for me.

• GroggyGolem likes this

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

The reviews of michael Bay's transformers movies have all been bad, a couple were terribly bad.  All of marvels movies, 2 avengers, 2 thors, 2 captain americas, 1 guardians, and 3 iron mans have all been very good.  With the exception of a couple of them, i've loved them all, seeing all my favorite superheroes in live action has been amazing for me.

Agreed, seeing or heroes brought to life on screen is amazing.

They are all great comic book movies. ..but none of them is what I would consider a good movie. Not like the dark knight

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

They are all great comic book movies. ..but none of them is what I would consider a good movie. Not like the dark knight

You mean not a classic?

I think many of the Marvel movies are good movies. The samey nature of them maybe makes them seems less so. But both Cap films, Iron Man 1 and Guardians are all pretty great IMO.

They are all probably easier to watch that TDK too. But that really is a matter of opinion

Boba Fett doesn't like cartoons. I don't really like comedy. It's cool that different people are different though.

I love Rebels but if you don't that doesn't worry me. There is barely enough time in this world to be entertained by the stuff we want to be entertained by let alone the stuff we don't.

We all have one thing in common though. We think this little Star Wars game that FFG have made is pretty fun (unless you can't play units and then it's a bit silly)
  • tierdal likes this

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Rebels are ok, but not great.

No one ever can hit main characters, stormtroopers are stupid, all of them. More stupid than in any SW movie and they do nothing, all the time. They stand still and wait to be killed.

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts
I'm 35 and still love my cartoons.

Ulysses 31 FTW!

I haven't watched Rebels yet but I rarely sit and watch TV. Maybe an hour a month or so...

I do prefer the Marvel and DC animated stuff over the films. Not a fan of the films at all ( I think they suck, imo) but was inpressed with some of the TV series. Daredevil eapecially.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

You mean not a classic?
I think many of the Marvel movies are good movies. The samey nature of them maybe makes them seems less so. But both Cap films, Iron Man 1 and Guardians are all pretty great IMO.
They are all probably easier to watch that TDK too. But that really is a matter of opinion
Boba Fett doesn't like cartoons. I don't really like comedy. It's cool that different people are different though.
I love Rebels but if you don't that doesn't worry me. There is barely enough time in this world to be entertained by the stuff we want to be entertained by let alone the stuff we don't.
We all have one thing in common though. We think this little Star Wars game that FFG have made is pretty fun (unless you can't play units and then it's a bit silly)

Amen.

Apologize if I came off as condensing boba. Totally respect your not loving cartoons. I just get so much out of good entertainment in any medium and you are a fan I'd hate for you to miss out., if that makes sense.

When I say passable I mean not classics , yes. They wont be remembered.

They are not bad or unwatchable. ..they are just decent superhero movies. I love most of them too. I'm a pretty harsh critic though

That said we all forgot one piece of amazing entertainment that shaped the game we love.

Jedi Knight, dark forces 2
  • GroggyGolem likes this

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

Oh and just for awesomeness because I feel bad I forgot about Jedi Knight...

It gave us - a story better than MOST of the dang movies. A new kind of Jedi protagonist...think HAN becomes JEDI. Not the same "Whiney farmboy becomes hero trope. Truly Unique for this older man to discover his destiny that was denied to him.

It gave us inquisitors (I think , someone may be able to correct me here)

The sequel gave us playable Mara Jade!

It was so awesome :)

• GroggyGolem likes this

GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

*unpopular opinion*

There are obvious and serious flaws in every one of Nolan's Batman films, increasing with each sequel. Batman Begins was by far the best of them all.

Sadly, none of them had even a decent portrayal of Batman/Bruce Wayne as he is most often thought of. It was all heavily skewed to fit Nolan's vision rather than depict the true qualities of Batman.

I do think that The Dark Knight was a fantastic film in many respects but I think it was a fantastic Joker film, not a fantastic Batman film.

*waits for people to tell him his opinion is wrong*
  • chunkygorillas likes this

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Batman Begins - Batman falls into a hole as a young boy and develops a fear of holes (visited again in the third movie), leading to his iconic vow of celibacy. He seeks out the descendants of Mr. Miyagi and learns exactly enough karate to achieve a physical stalemate with Liam Neeson, a 53 year old man. This emboldens him to try fighting people after bedtime as a career. (141 minutes)

The Dark Knight - A clown goes to great lengths to establish himself as Batman's lifelong nemesis, then immediately dies. Inexplicable popularity with the autistic in spite of the abrupt camerawork and multiple loud explosions led to Christopher Nolan being hired as a Presidential speechwriter, despite the stupidity of the dialogue. (162 minutes)

The Dark Knight Rises -Two muscular children with funny voices very slowly fight each other, except when involved in bizarre Machiavellian schemes for no reason. We collectively choose to believe this is dark and serious because of the black costume in spite of every single thing we see and hear for the duration of the runtime. (201 minutes)

• TheEmpireBringsSexyBack and GroggyGolem like this

GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Batman Begins - Batman falls into a hole as a young boy and develops a fear of holes (visited again in the third movie), leading to his iconic vow of celibacy. He seeks out the descendants of Mr. Miyagi and learns exactly enough karate to achieve a physical stalemate with Liam Neeson, a 53 year old man. This emboldens him to try fighting people after bedtime as a career. (141 minutes)
The Dark Knight - A clown goes to great lengths to establish himself as Batman's lifelong nemesis, then immediately dies. Inexplicable popularity with the autistic in spite of the abrupt camerawork and multiple loud explosions led to Christopher Nolan being hired as a Presidential speechwriter, despite the stupidity of the dialogue. (162 minutes)
The Dark Knight Rises -Two muscular children with funny voices very slowly fight each other, except when involved in bizarre Machiavellian schemes for no reason. We collectively choose to believe this is dark and serious because of the black costume in spite of every single thing we see and hear for the duration of the runtime. (201 minutes)

You are magnificent. This is fantastic. I laughed a lot because it's all true (except that the Joker never dies on screen and is magically never mentioned in the dark knight rises despite Harvey Dent and the path Joker put him on being a huge plot point for that film).

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

credit where credit is due.  stolentaken from http://www.something...cbook-movies/1/

semi-nsfw.  nothing too terribie at that link, but just in general i wouldn't read sa on a work computer

• TheEmpireBringsSexyBack likes this

GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
Well then. It stopped bring funny right after the Batman V Superman one.

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

TheEmpireBringsSexyBack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

i liked the justice league one, and the overall concept of a dystopian future in which all creative output consists of super hero movies, but otherwise yes it's not worth a click

• TheEmpireBringsSexyBack likes this

TopHatGorilla

TopHatGorilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

*waits for people to tell him his opinion is wrong*

Your opinion is wrong. *I just don't like seeing people disappointed.*

• GroggyGolem likes this

IdeYoshiya

IdeYoshiya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

i won't be watching it.  Tried watching clone wars and, just couldn't do it.  I guess if i was 10 years old i might be able to stomach it, but not at 34.

By putting an age limit on it, you've alienated this anime fan permanently. Not sure if you care, in fact I doubt it. Just FYI.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

By putting an age limit on it, you've alienated this anime fan permanently. Not sure if you care, in fact I doubt it. Just FYI.

try reading my later posts......

IdeYoshiya

IdeYoshiya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

try reading my later posts......

K. You're cool. I've just had more than enough of people who criticize an entire entertainment medium, and the people who enjoy it.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

K. You're cool I guess. I've just had more than enough of people who criticize an entire entertainment medium, and the people who enjoy it.

I've already said I was not taking a dig at anyone that likes cartoons, i have tons of friends that like them, I DON'T. If you like them, thats great, i'm happy for you and i'm glad they add enjoyment to your life, I'm just into live action stuff.

IdeYoshiya

IdeYoshiya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

I've already said I was not taking a dig at anyone that likes cartoons, i have tons of friends that like them, I DON'T. If you like them, thats great, i'm happy for you and i'm glad they add enjoyment to your life, so please, Get the **** over it.....

Please calm down. I did read your post and was pleased by it, and regret that this did not come across as clearly as it might've in my previous post. I apologize for making an statement based on first impressions, and not reading on to see if you would elaborate on your position, which you did.

EDIT: Rephrased for decency