Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Hive Tyrant - WH40k: Conquest Video Series Thread

• Please log in to reply
779 replies to this topic

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Though Conquest has seen itself cancelled, Sam and I still owe at least a little more to our community!

Today, please join us for our complete and thorough assessment of the last, official War Pack - The Warp Unleashed. In doing so, he and I also discuss the state of the meta in the twilight months of our favorite competitive LCG. Last, we also discuss the imminently upcoming, final Conquest World Championship tournament, and chat about the Black Crusade "in development" unofficial expansion intended to try to keep Conquest live and kicking.

So, be sure to give this episode a listen, take care, and may you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

• SlaaneshDevotee and Skyknight like this

Skyknight

Skyknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

No no no no, you will not put an end to this podcast!

-Regularly, perhaps, but no no no no no otherwise. This simply cannot be :)

Comments on Va'shaelhur, I think the Incursion is a very useful card and there are several reasons for that: one, it lets you run fewer daemons total in your deck as it all but guarantees you to get at daemon fast if you really need it; second, it increases your chance of having one or more Daemonette when you need them, say, for the final battle.

Personally I think Va'shaelhur probably isn't quite as strong alround as Ku'gath, but, more important imho, he's much more fun to pilot.

• sammann11 and TheHiveTyrant like this

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
The Fall 2016 Black Crusade has gone on for ten grueling weeks, but the tournament fast approaches its climax. Today, I present one of the semi-final matches!

Only one of these players will have earned their chance at fighting for the Championship. Will Packmaster Kith (asbo1980) again threaten to wrest control of the Traxis Sector from the other, disparate factions? Or instead, need we steel ourselves for indentured servitude under the ancient and undying Necrons (the_eigensheep)?

This game features two exceptionally interesting decks, and two tremendously talented players. It showcases some fantastic tactics, and even affords an opportunity for yours truly to demonstrate he's come quite a long way, as a commentator!

Until we meet again for the Championship, I hope you enjoy this fast and furious match - and for what it's worth, it's beautiful games such as this one which make me realize just how tragic it was for Conquest to have been "taken" from us so soon.

Packmaster Kith versus Anrakyr the Traveller - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

For a full playlist of all the Fall 2016 games I've commentated, check out this link.

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
After twelve long weeks of waiting, the winner of the Fall 2016 Black Crusade has finally been determined!

Today, I present a special, dual-commentated match between two warlords whom scarcely few predicted we would see in the finals - it's a game featuring Ankrayr the Traveller (the_eigensheep) and Nazdreg (athaell)!

In this fast and furious match between two exceptionally talented players, which of these two underdogs shall reign triumphant, and who shall be sent packing from the Traxis Sector? Which of our players shall claim their championship title, and who will fall just shy of winning this massive online tournament?

This ended up being a delight of a game, and features commentary with both Sam Mann​ and myself. So enjoy, PLEASE DO NOT SPOIL THE RESULTS IN THE COMMENTS, and until the next time I post a commentated match of Conquest - take care!

• Skyknight likes this

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

For anyone who missed any of the highly-competitive Conquest LCG action this tournament season, check out a full playlist for the Fall 2016 Black Crusade here. Enjoy, and here's giving a huge thank-you to everyone who viewed and/or participated!

Skyknight

Skyknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Thanks for featuring the BCL matches Mitch and thanks to both you and Sam for both commentaries and all your work for our Conquest community!

And a big grats to the winner of the BCL  :D

• sammann11, TheHiveTyrant, Kaloo and 1 other like this

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
In the wake of the 2016 World Championship for Conquest LCG, the Tyrantcast returns!

In today's episode, Sam Mann regales us with the experience he had at worlds. He shares a story in which he played against Conquest's first true "combo" deck, and then recollects the highs and lows of his performance during Day One of one of Conquest's last and greatest Organized Play supported tournaments.

Sam and Mitch thoroughly discuss the Chaplain Mavros deck that the warmaster brought to the event, and with which he earned the hard-fought title of "Best in Faction" Space Marines player. They then conclude the episode by chatting about the community and social events that took place in Minnesota over the course of and surrounding the tournament, and each share their plans to remain involved in the Conquest community.

This is the second to last episode of this series.

So, here's giving yet another thank you to everyone for their continued support of Sam and I, The Black Crusade tournaments, and The Hive Tyrant channel, and until next you hear our final planned episode - I bid you take care!

• BayushiSezaru, Ultramarine, SlaaneshDevotee and 2 others like this

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
I'm not sure how this happened, but somehow, it looks like I forgot to publish a match from the Fall 2016 season of Sam Mann's Black Crusade!

So, here ya go - a "Top 16" bracket, single-elimination game between Sharpobject (Epistolary Vezuel) and Intolerance (Talyesin Fharenal). Enjoy!

• Veetek, SlaaneshDevotee and Skyknight like this

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Alas, the day that Sam Mann​ and I once hoped would never happen has finally arrived. In a collaborative finale with co-hosts Scott​ and Brian​ of the First Planet Podcast​, I present for your listening enjoyment the last planned episode of The Tyrantcast.

During this two-podcast-sendoff, we hosts discuss the best and worst cards and warlords for each of the nine released factions, reminisce about some of our favorite card game and community memories, and together, celebrate some of our most treasured experiences involving Warhammer 40,000: Conquest.

We close by each explaining our respective plans as to whether or not to remain involved with this LCG, and share any intent to become more active in other gaming communities.
Regardless of any difference in continued interest in Conquest, I think that we can all certainly agree that the “Living” component of this LCG will indeed be sorely missed.

So, here’s hoping that you join Sam, Scott, Brian and myself for one final listen. I thank you to everyone for your support of The Hive Tyrant channel, and The Tyrantcast, and I wish you each the best.

Take care, community – and know that producing videos would never have been worth it without the engagement, respect, and friendship, of so many of you.

• Ultramarine, Skyknight and TeamApoka like this

SlaaneshDevotee

SlaaneshDevotee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

All things must pass. 

Thanks for all the entertainment Mitch, look forward to keeping up with whatever you do.

• sammann11, TheHiveTyrant and Skyknight like this

Skyknight

Skyknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Mitch, it has been a pleasure indeed. Thank you for everything you've done for the community! I first became acquainted with your work by coming across one of your old deck deconstruction videos, having just learned the game, and loved the insights on how both you and other people, Sam, Dan, Florian etc. thought about the different warlords and the game as a whole. Since then, I've pretty much seen all of your Conquest videos, and listened to you and Sam, so thank you indeed Mitch!

I will miss the Tyrantcast.

Ultramarine

Ultramarine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Nooooo... Say it ain't so Mitch!!  

• FerrusManus and TheHiveTyrant like this

kwarrend

kwarrend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Only 2 hours?

• sammann11 and SlaaneshDevotee like this

FerrusManus

FerrusManus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Mitch, dont go away :'(
There are will be BCL and other thing. Who will show us that?
  • Ultramarine and TheHiveTyrant like this

Dietzen

Dietzen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

I just want to thank you for all your work. I've not always agreed with you, I've had criticism and suggestions, but I've always respected the work you've put into Conquest.

I hope all the best for you. I hope you'll come back from time to time to do the BCL, but if not, see you in the next life, in a galaxy of eternal war.

Live long and prosper, and may the force be with you young (and buff you devil) wizard.

• TheHiveTyrant likes this

Ultramarine

Ultramarine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Good point!!  A reason for you to continue the podcast!! 

dnapolitano

dnapolitano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Thanks for your contributions Mitch. I've enjoyed your podcasts and your commentary and will miss your involvement in the community.

Bummer for you too Sam, but I'll see you online ;)

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

All things must pass. 

Thanks for all the entertainment Mitch, look forward to keeping up with whatever you do.

Thank you for all of your support and encouragement, over so many months! Here's wishing you and yours the best in all of your future endeavors, also.

Mitch, it has been an pleasure indeed. Thank you for everything you've done for the community! I first became acquainted with your work by coming across one of your old deck deconstruction videos, having just learned the game, and loved the insights on how both you and other people, Sam, Dan, Florian etc. thought about the different warlords and the game as a whole. Since then, I've pretty much seen all of your Conquest videos, and listened to you and Sam, so thank you indeed Mitch!

I will miss the Tyrantcast.

Skyknight! I'm very glad to hear that you've found all of my Conquest stuff so entertaining, and I honestly cannot thank this community enough for providing the countless interviews and guests I've had the honor to interview and spotlight. I've always appreciated your consistent likes and upvotes, and you're certainly one among many that I'll miss. Though of course, I'm not exactly intending to vanish!

I appreciate your sentiments, my dear Primarch! All the same, though I'm as disappointed by the untimely end of Conquest as anyone, I feel that this is the right thing for me to do. I need to spend less of my life on the internet, and I even without my doing so, I have faith that video coverage of future tournaments will continue - Aaron ****, for instance, has been releasing videos rather consistently, lately, and there are others, like Mr Lemmiwinks, who I assume will do the same. So, here's hoping that others will see to it that my absence doesn't go too noticed!

I just want to thank you for all your work. I've not always agreed with you, I've had criticism and suggestions, but I've always respected the work you've put into Conquest.

I hope all the best for you. I hope you'll come back from time to time to do the BCL, but if not, see you in the next life, in a galaxy of eternal war.

Live long and prosper, and may the force be with you young (and buff you devil) wizard.

Thank you very much, Dietzen! As someone who spends a lot of time reading sometimes stereotypical YouTube comments, I really appreciate anyone with an ability to offer up criticism and suggestions without any vitriol or disdain - so, huge respect for you based on that alone, and beyond, I'm glad that despite the occasional disagreement, you've still found something to like in the content I've served up. So, kindest regards to you! And take care. I wish you luck in the future seasons of the Black Crusade!

Good point!!  A reason for you to continue the podcast!! 

:P

Thanks for your contributions Mitch. I've enjoyed your podcasts and your commentary and will miss your involvement in the community.

Bummer for you too Sam, but I'll see you online ;)

Thank you for being a friend, Dan! It was awesome to meet you in Tacoma, and I wish you the greatest of success in all of your future gaming (and real world) ventures. And, though Sam is quite a bit more vocal than I am, I'll be sure to keep lurking around the community, no doubt. Take care!

One more time, a huge thank-you to everyone.

• sammann11, Ultramarine, FerrusManus and 2 others like this

Skyknight

Skyknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Did someone say great videos with an outstanding commentator? I'm pretty sure I heard a lot of people cheering for a feature match or two from the BCL, say, the semi finals and the final match maybe :)

#OneMoreHiveTyrant

• Ultramarine, TheHiveTyrant, SlaaneshDevotee and 1 other like this

Ultramarine

Ultramarine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Did someone say great videos with an outstanding commentator? I'm pretty sure I heard a lot of people cheering for a feature match or two from the BCL, say, the semi finals and the final match maybe :)

#OneMoreHiveTyrant

I second that motion!