Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New FAQ and Tourney Rules

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Tourney rules

FAQ

• Hida77 and yodaman like this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts
Very soon, it's already up.
And ninja'd by OP edit.

DavFlamerock

DavFlamerock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

There they are. Expected as much, all things considered. Boba Fett get out.

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
Did anyone catch the last page of the tournament rules?!

Noonerz

Noonerz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

The Yavin4 one is strange. Changed "When" to "After". 

Did anyone catch the last page of the tournament rules?!

You mean the may be released part?

LethalHobo

LethalHobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts
Man. The restriction list is so lazy. Why can't you have a Freeholder/yoda deck?
  • yodaman, theChony, chunkygorillas and 1 other like this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
Wtf! Imperial entanglements released at gencon?!? I highly doubt that.....

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
Yeah that would be the biggest of shockers. I honestly think they messed up and meant the last of the 6 force packs. But they can't be that bad at proofreading can they? I mean really.

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

I agree with Lethal.  The restricted list was lazy.  I'm not sure MTFBWY with Dash, or MTFBWY with Freeloaders is something that needed to be restricted.  I can agree about Master's Domain and MTFBWY although I would have preferred something like you could only use 2 total of those objectives; i.e you can use 2 MTFBWY, 2 Master's Domain or 1 of each in a deck.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
That's what I figured. I assumed like last year they would have the final pack on sale for gencon, but certainly not IE, bit that I would be great lol. That would restore a lot of my lost faith in their releases if they were able to pull that off.

chiller087

chiller087

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts
Wow, boatload of LS nerfs. The only one I don't like is the Desperation one, but hey, whatever. I'm fine with everything else.

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
Oh yeah if the pull of having Imperial Entanglements at Gencon they will have gained probably a full year of me not caring about delays.
  • TGO, BobaFett, Jarratt and 2 others like this

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

The nerf hammer is strong in this one.

Still not sure what to think. Seems like they did address many of the playerbase complaints, but the new releases were already kind of balancing things out, so...

Elrathion

Elrathion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

FFG are the masters of over-reaction. The light side buffs to the sith problem were over the top.

If these erratas are to go by, I am fearing the worst for balance in their upcoming design.

Not to mention completely unnecessary changes to things like astroid base.

• yodaman likes this

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
Restricted List I get, but also collateral damage is annoying in that regard.

Change to Desperation is A+, as it was feasible for many decks to defend.

Double Journey nerf, unsure. One or the other may have been sufficient. Spider is still a terror.

Native Support and Asteroid Base, I don't know why that came about. Maybe upcoming cards, like better Ewoks?! Asteroid Base I sort of get now that I remember abusing it.
  • mischraum likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

I could have seen Asteroid Base and Native Support being once per turn per card.  I seem to remember watching some of Mick's matches from World's last year where he was able to manipulate the shields so that he could activate Asteroid Base twice on some of the cards and give them 2 extra objective damage rather than just one.   

Noonerz

Noonerz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Double Journey nerf, unsure. One or the other may have been sufficient. Spider is still a terror.

#WeDidn'tSaveTheJubbas

Native Support and Asteroid Base, I don't know why that came about. Maybe upcoming cards, like better Ewoks?! Asteroid Base I sort of get now that I remember abusing it.

From the sound of it, Endor is going to be a lot of ewoks and a lot of shielding. 

Mike1977

Mike1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Man. The restriction list is so lazy. Why can't you have a Freeholder/yoda deck?

This looks like a mistake...

While the 'restricted' rules are clear, objectives that find themselves on this list should be pooled in groups of 2.

• doctormungmung, BobaFett, yodaman and 4 others like this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
Overall, I think these changes are good for the game, but that's just my opinion.

My only issue is the restricted list for the LS. I assumed the point of the restricted list was to keep 2 certain sets from being played together but it seems that none of the sets on the restricted list can be played together which is kind of strange. Was there an issue with MTFBWY and dash, or master's domain and freeholders or vice versa? Strange
  • Majestaat, yodaman and AegonTargaryen like this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

I personally still don't get lumping the Yoda set restriction in with the one they already had for False Report and Against All Odds.  I can understand restricting the Yodas, just like I could understand restricting Dash/Freeholders, but MTFBWY with False Report or Master's Domain with Dash, I don't understand.  I rarely saw people playing those types of decks on OCTGN or in person.  Anyone out there have any idea as the FFG's rationale for why that needed to be done?