Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New FAQ and Tourney Rules

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
Well because frankly it would be 100% idiotic to put that into the rules without there being a possibility that we see Imperial Entanglements at Gencon. So it is just a matter of do we think FFG is silly enough to just that.

I find it more interesting that the clause doesn't exist for the 6th Force Pack, which in my view means we won't be seeing that at Gencon. Despite the fact that it will be out 2-3 weeks later. Not 2-3 Months like IE.

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Well because frankly it would be 100% idiotic to put that into the rules without there being a possibility that we see Imperial Entanglements at Gencon. So it is just a matter of do we think FFG is silly enough to just that.

We are talking about FFG after all. It has been a long list of screw ups.

However, I am an optimist so I want it to be at gen con.

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

I find it more interesting that the clause doesn't exist for the 6th Force Pack, which in my view means we won't be seeing that at Gencon. Despite the fact that it will be out 2-3 weeks later. Not 2-3 Months like IE.

I just assume that they hope to fast track some Imperial Entanglements to Gencon like they did with wave 5 X-Wing last year. I already expect them to fast track some wave 7 x-wing yo Gencon.

Hopefully it means some players can get their hands on it even though it won't be tourney legal until it is actually released.

It's a nice way of rewarding players that go to Gencon and pulling people to the FFG area. I guess we shall see.

If it is there I'll have to convince my brother to bring me one back to NZ for me and maybe not buy so much X-Wing stuff that won't fit in his bag anyway. ;-)

normanh

normanh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

I'd bet that they meant this to be Chain of Command or the final force pack but this wasn't noticed by the proofreader.

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts

I'd bet that they meant this to be Chain of Command or the final force pack but this wasn't noticed by the proofreader.

Honestly I feel like this is the most likely explanation, but half of me refuses to believe they'd goof up that badly. Had they written Imperial Entanglements force pack, instead of deluxe box, I'd immediately assume they switched up products.

I mean that would just be probably the silliest screw up so far.

normanh

normanh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Oh, did they actually use the words "Deluxe Box"? I honestly didn't go and read the sentence in question, but this instance would seem like something the composer would write but a proofreader wouldn't catch.

Utinni

Utinni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

I'm not sure how significant it is, but the date on the FAQ and Tourney rules is 6/22/15. Also, the World's tourney rules had the same comment about Between the Shadows and it took a while to get in. No dockworkers strike now to cause a "surprise" delay.

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts

Oh, did they actually use the words "Deluxe Box"? I honestly didn't go and read the sentence in question, but this instance would seem like something the composer would write but a proofreader wouldn't catch.

The exact wording was deluxe expansion.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3892 posts
Why would they prohibit Chain of Command? It'll release this week, well before GenCon. Similarly, 2 weeks is far too short of a time to have the 6th pack available. Makes it pretty clear that they do mean IE.

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
What I think people are saying is that the special note is really suppose to be for the 6th Force Pack, which we know is just sitting in FFGs warehouse, and could easily be brought to pre-release at Gencon. As they had done for the last pack of the Hoth and Echoes Cycles.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

I am hopeful for this. It would be a really nice surprise.

What are the chances of us all getting one? How rare were past releases from FFG there? could people just buy liek 20 copies and ebay them (hoping not) 

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
I was able to get both a X-wing releases last year and I didn't get to the dealer hall until later Saturday.
  • tierdal likes this

MonteKev

MonteKev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

I am hopeful for this. It would be a really nice surprise.

What are the chances of us all getting one? How rare were past releases from FFG there? could people just buy liek 20 copies and ebay them (hoping not) 

this games not popular....usually you would have to run in stand in line on Thursday miss the Thursday tournament to get the early release.....

but im sure it will be there Friday

;).....any one want to ninja shop for me i'll pay a curiour fee

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3892 posts
For all the rush to get in line on Thursday morning, most things don't sell out that quickly because they bring plenty of stock. Even early release X-Wing stuff has been lasting into day 2 or 3.

FuzzyWookiee

FuzzyWookiee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

I don't see this selling out if it can't be used. 

I do see selling out of the Game of Thrones cores though.

someguy11

someguy11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
Would be great if its sold. Give us a large injection of known cards before the 6 month break until Endor cycle is released.