Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New FAQ and Tourney Rules

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
The reason you've never seen it played on the LS players turn, which is odd to begin with, is because if you could do it on the DS players turn it is the stronger play.

You then get your full resources available for your unopposed deployment. This way you don't get the extra 3.

But that doesn't change the application I described above or make the card unplayable as you suggested.
  • Hida77 and fliptheforce like this

Arkard

Arkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Surprised no spider nerf.

fliptheforce

fliptheforce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

It just doesn't make much sense. On other cards that say Limit 1 per turn if you have more than one of that card you can do it that many times.

edit: nm, I misread what you wrote.

• CharlieFilms likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

In regards to the Jubba issue.  There's a difference between Limit 1 and Limit once?   It's 4.8 in the rules.

"Limit once per X" refers to that specific ability on that particular card.  Each copy of a card with such a limit may trigger its ability once per each period of X.    For example, if you have 2 MTFBWY, they say limit once per turn so you can trigger each once and clear focus tokens off two units.

"Limit 1 per X" refers to all copies of a card, by titile.  Only 1 copy of a card with the same title may be triggered by each player during each period of X.    So that's the Jubba Bird situation.  You can have all 4 out, but you could only trigger one per turn. 

• theChony, fliptheforce and CharlieFilms like this

Noonerz

Noonerz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

It's the same wording as Force Choke. 

• CharlieFilms likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Spider was indirectly nerfed.  You can't just put it into play for free if you start with Journey to the Swamp.  That one resource being used to put it out at the start makes a difference in my opinion.  It's a little less the LS player can put out now on turn 1 if they still want to activate the spider.

• Hida77, MonteKev and Arkard like this

XeroAnarian

XeroAnarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

In regards to the Jubba issue.  There's a difference between Limit 1 and Limit once?   It's 4.8 in the rules.

"Limit once per X" refers to that specific ability on that particular card.  Each copy of a card with such a limit may trigger its ability once per each period of X.    For example, if you have 2 MTFBWY, they say limit once per turn so you can trigger each once and clear focus tokens off two units.

"Limit 1 per X" refers to all copies of a card, by titile.  Only 1 copy of a card with the same title may be triggered by each player during each period of X.    So that's the Jubba Bird situation.  You can have all 4 out, but you could only trigger one per turn. 

Exactly, so basically according to the rules, each Jubba Bird can still be used in one turn, but only once per turn... which is fine, because they're discarded when you use them.

Strange errata... I know their intention, but I think they're starting to confuse even themselves.

CharlieFilms

CharlieFilms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

In regards to the Jubba issue. There's a difference between Limit 1 and Limit once? It's 4.8 in the rules.

"Limit once per X" refers to that specific ability on that particular card. Each copy of a card with such a limit may trigger its ability once per each period of X. For example, if you have 2 MTFBWY, they say limit once per turn so you can trigger each once and clear focus tokens off two units.

"Limit 1 per X" refers to all copies of a card, by titile. Only 1 copy of a card with the same title may be triggered by each player during each period of X. So that's the Jubba Bird situation. You can have all 4 out, but you could only trigger one per turn.

That makes sense. Personally, if they changed it to Limit 1 per engagement it would have done enough.

Mike1977

Mike1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Exactly, so basically according to the rules, each Jubba Bird can still be used in one turn, but only once per turn... which is fine, because they're discarded when you use them.

Strange errata... I know their intention, but I think they're starting to confuse even themselves.

i`m actually getting confused here... and may have been playing some cards wrong... 

may the force be with you, stacks or no? my playgroup has been leting it stack

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Hmm.  Maybe I'm not clear on what you mean xero.  I actually think the limit wording makes it pretty clear.  The way I read it, you can theoretically deploy all 4 Jubba Birds on one turn, but the ability they have (sacrificing them to remove a combat icon) can only be triggered the first time you sacrificed a Jubba Bird in a turn. 

Mike1977

Mike1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Hmm.  Maybe I'm not clear on what you mean xero.  I actually think the limit wording makes it pretty clear.  The way I read it, you can theoretically deploy all 4 Jubba Birds on one turn, but the ability they have (sacrificing them to remove a combat icon) can only be triggered the first time you sacrificed a Jubba Bird in a turn. 

like force choke right?

• yodaman and pantsyg like this

Utinni

Utinni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Does anyone else hate the errata to Secret? It was perfectly worded the way it was despite the confusion that it brought about sometimes. It has a very limited ability to protect objectives now.

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

MTFBWY stacks if you have 2 out because the errata says "limit once per turn" so each copy of it can trigger once.  You were playing it right.  It's like Attack Pattern Delta.  If you have 2 APD out, you can trigger each copy once per turn.  Or Defense Protocol. you could trigger each once per turn and do 1 damage, 2 separate times.  

Noonerz

Noonerz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

i`m actually getting confused here... and may have been playing some cards wrong... 

may the force be with you, stacks or no? my playgroup has been leting it stack

Limit once per turn allows for each card to act once per turn. The same thing with Attack Pattern Delta. 

For Jubba birds, the Limit 1 per turn is applied to the action of the Jubba Birds, not deployment. Meaning, you can play out as many jubba birds as you have in hand, can only use one of their actions per turn. They should have put the entire Action into the errata but that's probably implied with the "..."

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Force Choke reads the same as Jubba Birds since it says "limit 1 per turn".  I could see why it's a bit confusing because the Force Chokes are going to be in your hand and trigger when you play them whereas the Jubbas have to be on the table before you trigger their ability.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

My thoughts:

-Restricted list: I can see why MTFBWY and Master's Domain are on there, but don't like that they also can't be paired with Dash or Freeholders. Unnecessarily limiting. Boba and TP being restricted doesn't bother me a lick, I never ran the deck. 

-Native Support/Asteroid Base: Sad to see these limited, though it's probably (hopefully?) due to upcoming strong Ewok/Shielding cards as I can't recall either being really out of line before. On the bright side, maybe this means we'll be seeing more Shielding in the future?

-Journey: Makes sense; the tutor effect was really strong in combination with Yodas for 2 or 3, meaning you'd almost always have free resources to activate them.

-Jubbas: Also fair, between two of these and Tactics LS could really create insane board locks. Not so much of an "I win vs Characters" card now. 

-Desperation: I didn't think this card was that much of a problem, though now it will be easier to defend against. This will help the Scum vs Rebel matchup considerably. Don't think it really hurts Called to Arms' value as a set too badly. 

-Yavin: Not sure why this change was needed?

Overall: So many text erratas, which I'm not a fan of, but most are reasonable. 

Elrathion

Elrathion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Well if we ever get a unique Ewok with some relevant combat stats then I could see a reason why you'd restrict the ability to refresh them to once a turn.

I agree, when we get that. My whole point is why restrict the choices people have at Gencon in terms of deckbuilding when there is no current problem yet?

Maybe we should restrict Vader and Emperor because next cycle they will introduce a Heroes and Legends for the dark side? (Hypothetical, not real scenario)

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

I actually think Secret's errata makes things clearer now.  It clarifies that before you have to decide if you want to redirect the attack, the DS player has to declare the objective they are attacking and all their attackers. 

XeroAnarian

XeroAnarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

I misread. My mistake.

Jubba bird Nerf is fine, you just can only get one out per turn, unless using Life Creates It.

doctormungmung

doctormungmung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Does anyone else hate the errata to Secret? It was perfectly worded the way it was despite the confusion that it brought about sometimes. It has a very limited ability to protect objectives now.

How so?  Seems like it has the exact same functionality with the new wording.  If anything this fixes the confusion over what objective has had an engagement been declared against it and thus was no longer a valid target for future engagements.

• yodaman likes this