Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Imperial beaucracy. .actual spoilers from TC (link inside)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts
Great set! !!!!!!!!

http://teamcovenant....al-bureaucracy/
  • Fayde likes this

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts
Damn you autocorrect. ..sorry team covenant. ..can a mod fix the title ? :/

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Hahaha, would be hilarous to have SWLCG spoilers aired on TV.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

Damn you autocorrect. ..sorry team covenant. ..can a mod fix the title ? :/

Fixed.  For future reference, you can change the titles of your own threads by editing the first post (make sure you're using the full editor).

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

Looks like an interesting set.  I'm always looking for a utility set or 2 to fill out my Sith decks, this will be worth considering.

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1241 posts

I think this is the correct link:

http://teamcovenant....al-bureaucracy/

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

Fixed.  For future reference, you can change the titles of your own threads by editing the first post (make sure you're using the full editor).

Did not know that. Ty!

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1241 posts

Imperial Bureaucracy (interesting name since this is a Sith pod, not Imperial) is actually a pretty decent set. Like the article said, this is a supporting set and maybe it is only good as a one-of, but I will probably add it to my Sith control deck. Think about all the great cards it can recurse from the discard pile, and it even has a synergy with the Executor with Sate. We don't get many good Sith pods in the Rogue Squadron cycle, but this is a good one that we haven't had in awhile.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts
And it's useful, fun, tricks. Meaning it's not telegraphed and it adds excitement! !

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
Recursion from discard is great in any game, and this one comes on a unit with good icons and force pips for his cost. Quarren seems tame, but it's a farlander answer at least. Very pleased with this one. Fits into Counsel's spot perfectly, I'd run one of each happily.

someguy11

someguy11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
Man, sith and navy get these sets for multiplayer and scum got the eater of luck.
  • yodaman likes this

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

Man, sith and navy get these sets for multiplayer and scum got the eater of luck.

You don enjoy the set that encourages you to lose and then rewards you slightly ;)

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

You don enjoy the set that encourages you to lose and then rewards you slightly ;)

You say encourages to lose and then rewards slightly... I say gives you something to soften the blow on the occasions you do lose.

• fliptheforce likes this

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

You say encourages to lose and then rewards slightly... I say gives you something to soften the blow on the occasions you do lose.

Glass half full. ..I like it. .problem is sw is an aggressive cycling game, holding cards is normally bad. And not especially wOrth it for danniks set sadly :(

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

Eater of Luck > The Questioning

Sure I wish the Advose's cost 1 and I think Calculated Wager should have been Reaction if you lose an edge battle and this card is in the edge stack return it to your hand. But otherwise it's pretty neat in an aggro Scum Deck. Just play it like Rebels of old and attack attack attack. Jabba and Xizor hold the fort. Captured and bounty are really annoying.

Would I take it to a tournament. No way. But it's actually fun.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

I won't argue that it's a good set.  But starting out thinking that it encourages you to lose is starting out planning to lose.  The better way to look at (and use) the set is to still try to win, and enjoy how not winning hurts a little less when it comes up.  Unfortunately, lose less sets are limited in utility as they don't actually help with winning.

• fliptheforce likes this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

So... Imperial Bureaucracy: works well with Vader (0 cost Sith event that can basically be played at any time and can recur itself).  Also can combo well with Aggression as Zach notes in the article.  Keep Emperor and CotS for max Sith event goodness...

Vader x2

Emperor x2

Executor x2

CotS x2

Bureaucracy x1/2

something else x0/1 (Mara?  Maybe BotF Mara to loop Join Me?)

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
I'd go

Emp x2
Executor x2
Vader x2
Cots
Bureaucracy
Sariss
Echoes Mara

To me this set slots in in place of one Counsel, and the added utility makes sets like Mara or anything with an event you'd like to edge early and get late (e.g. Rage) more useful.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

I won't argue that it's a good set.  But starting out thinking that it encourages you to lose is starting out planning to lose.  The better way to look at (and use) the set is to still try to win, and enjoy how not winning hurts a little less when it comes up.  Unfortunately, lose less sets are limited in utility as they don't actually help with winning.

absolutely Dbmeboy, dont mean to be negative...just wish Questioning and Dannik had been more competitive. The ideas are all there but the costing is just ...leaves something to be desired =/

good ideas gone to waste imho

GreedoShotFirst

GreedoShotFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
I don't like it to be honest.

Objective is the best card. Extra cards for edge is awesome

A 3 cost 2 health main with a black tactics. Hi targeted strike luke. The ability is cool and could be cool to cycle twists or chokes or whatever. This card is pretty cool overall.

Another overcost 1 health white tactic advisor. I'm not a fan.

The bureaucrat would be better if it was event cancel. And you need to run 2 to ensure you get a decent chance to see it in play. So in a mono jedi world, I guess screw you to trust me? Sweet.

The event is nice for no cost esp w vader out but like watchers obi here I am monitoring the order of discard/pitching.

Supporting fire. What else would cap off the 2v2 set?

Meh.