Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Imperial beaucracy. .actual spoilers from TC (link inside)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
The bad part about this is that you can't recur Mara or Vader's light sabers with him. So if they end up on the objective and then into the discard pile, you could be helping set your self up for a desperation.

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts
There's always Tuskens, which can do it every turn.
  • BobaFett and yodaman like this

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1241 posts

YESSSSSSS - Pod System is AMAZE balls.

You want recursion? You got it...but it comes with other things you must build around.

So much better than MIN MAXING single cards.

It's only great if the pod is designed well, with a good mixture of good and not-so-good cards. But we also get a flawless pod like MTFBFY and Bantha fodder pods like Eater of Luck. That's why this system is far from perfect.
  • Slio9 and BobaFett like this

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts
Indeed Solaria...but the potential is there

Einherjar

Einherjar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Anyone have a thought on what happens to the stacked cards on the objective if it gets destroyed without using them?  I assume they are discarded.  However, there could be an argument to be made that the "side deck" it creates is generated by the reaction on the objective and, thus, would persist even after the objective is destroyed.  There's also the possibility that the cards follow the objective to the victory pile since they are "stacked on" the objective.  I just dropped a question to the FFG website on this and will post if I get a reply.

Received a reply back from FFG.  Cards still remaining on the objective when destroyed are discarded.

• yodaman likes this

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

Received a reply back from FFG.  Cards still remaining on the objective when destroyed are discarded.

"There is a price to pay for defying the gods."

Able to be used or dead?

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Ok, so this set is starting to grow on me a little bit.  This set could be a fairly decent splash into either navy or scum.  returning prince's schemes could be real nice, or just bouncing Sate pestage with slimiest scheme to get cards back into your hand is pretty crazy too.  And we'll see what answer DBmeboy gets from Nate or Erik about chain reaction and the objective.  imagine getting stuff like chain of command, or super laser blast, moment of triumph, twists etc back.

brimmstorm

brimmstorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts
Slimiest Scheme only lets you bounce Scum units.

I really like this set. It competes with Counsel in my mind, and I will be using this a lot.
  • BobaFett likes this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Slimiest Scheme only lets you bounce Scum units.
I really like this set. It competes with Counsel in my mind, and I will be using this a lot.

Bah, forgot about that! And so is better offer. Hmmm, well maybe it's dropping a bit again for me. I thought I had found a way to get Sate in and out of play to really take advantage of his ability too!

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

Can't you loop Sate if you get one in discard and one on the board?  Lose one and bring the other one back?

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

Can't you loop Sate if you get one in discard and one on the board? Lose one and bring the other one back?

Yes you could. But you would need a reliable way of killing him (killing cold, looping aggression as well) and the resources to play him.

4 resources can basically loop aggression every turn. More resources you could do it even more often.

You can get him out toss him on the force and then, block or not. Next turn use aggression. Pull a Sate back when he dies. Play him again and grab Aggression.

You need 2 Sate's so I'm not sure how useful this play is as it will likely be near the end of the game. Also it limits you hand in much the same way that Heroes and Legends limits your hand. But if you think he might die in battle then you can always toss your event and just loop Sate again.

Plenty of tricks. Sate seems like a bit of a pro play card for Sith. I'm not sure the rest of the set is as good as him or the objective but it's solid for sure.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Can't you loop Sate if you get one in discard and one on the board?  Lose one and bring the other one back?

yeah. but then your largely just grabbing him and thats much less exciting than grabbing cards i actually want out of the discard pile, and also takes a bit more work to do since you actually need him to die every time and need both copies of him out of your deck.  I was hoping for something like the slimiest scheme or  better offer to work for DS like fall back and tactical retreat work for LS, but alas, it is not to be, so in that sense, i think i'd rather just run CotS 75% of the time over this set.

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1241 posts

yeah. but then your largely just grabbing him and thats much less exciting than grabbing cards i actually want out of the discard pile, and also takes a bit more work to do since you actually need him to die every time and need both copies of him out of your deck. I was hoping for something like the slimiest scheme or better offer to work for DS like fall back and tactical retreat work for LS, but alas, it is not to be, so in that sense, i think i'd rather just run CotS 75% of the time over this set.

Would you run one Counsel and one of this pod instead?

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Would you run one Counsel and one of this pod instead?

Its almost like the objectives are about the same, only with counsel i get to pick the card out of my hand to use rather than be forced to use the cards under the objective, which may or may not even have edge icons.  the events are similar, i think i'd prefer the card draw over recursion of the top card only, and i'd definitely rather have the twist over the supporting fire.  They both have the advisor so really the only card that i'd want in this set over CotS is Sate over the kuat security team.  

So the answer to your question, MAYBE?, but probably not.  I think counsel just outshines this set pretty handily.

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts
So thinking about supporting fire. Will it be able to grab cards from under the objective?

I can see this being solid in 2v2 where someone is probably running CoTS as well.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

So thinking about supporting fire. Will it be able to grab cards from under the objective?

absolutely.  Supporting fire, target friendly player may place 1 non-fate card from his hand into your edge stack.  Imperial bureaucracy, when a friendly player would place a card into an edge stack, he may choose one of these cards and place it in the edge stack instead.   i think that one is pretty cut and dry.  I think your only limitation is that you couldn't play a fate card from IB into your edge stack.

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

absolutely. Supporting fire, target friendly player may place 1 non-fate card from his hand into your edge stack. Imperial bureaucracy, when a friendly player would place a card into an edge stack, he may choose one of these cards and place it in the edge stack instead. i think that one is pretty cut and dry. I think your only limitation is that you couldn't play a fate card from IB into your edge stack.

Yeah that makes sense and I assumed it would work that way. It does make Supporting Fire a bit stronger, though SF is a good fate card, just not as useful as Twist.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

watch me be wrong lol

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

watch me be wrong lol

Possibly. There are more resources in Council but not really any pro play cards. It's solid support. IB loses you resources, you only get the living resource Advisor and no Sith Library but you get some cards that you can do some amazing things with.

Council feels like more consistent support for a deck that has high cost mains but IB can make the power cards in sets like Web and Executor more powerful by giving them extra plays.

I do think it's a personal play style thing.

Hida77

Hida77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

YESSSSSSS - Pod System is AMAZE balls.

You want recursion? You got it...but it comes with other things you must build around.

So much better than MIN MAXING single cards.

Best post on any forum I have seen in over a year. I agree 100000x over.