Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

First Look at Lanni + Bara Banner Deck

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts

Since I'm impatient, I started building 2nd Edition decks a while ago, adding spoiled cards as they were revealed. We now have 167 out of 211 completely spoiled, along with several more partially spoiled or easy to guess (like economy). 

This deck revolves around two of the best characters in the game, Melisandre and Tyron. I don't currently have Tywin - think he's worth a slot (or more)?

Plots

The Winds of Winter

A Game of Thrones

Heads on Pikes

Wildfire Assault

A Noble Cause

Summons / Reinforcements 

Marched to the Wall / Fortified Position

2x Bara reducer (Card #55, 56 or 57)

2x Lanni reducer (Card #93 or 94)

2x Burned Men

3x Bara non-unique (whichever is best between Card #53, 55, 56, and 57)

3x The Queen's Assassin

3x Fiery Followers

1x Bara unique character (card #50)

1x The Tickler

1x Selyse Baratheon

1x Joffrey Baratheon

2x Grand Maester Pycelle

2x Maester Cressen

1x Bara unique character (card #51)

2x Cersei Lannister

2x Littlefinger

3x Melisandre

3x Tyrion Lannister

1x Ser Jaime Lannister

3x Roseroad

2x Kingsroad

2x Lanni reducer location (Card #99)

1x Iron Throne

1x Chamber of the Painted Table

2x Casterly Rock

3x Lannisport

1x Bodyguard

1x Widow's Wail

2x Milk of the Poppy

1x Put to the Torch

1x The Things I Do for Love

2x Treachery

3x Seen in Flames

35 Characters

14 Locations

4 Attachments

7 Events

60 Total

• chunkygorillas likes this

Azeltir

Azeltir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

The Lannister reducer location is named Western Fiefdom.

• scantrell24 likes this

agktmte

agktmte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1294 posts
Heads on Spikes.
  • scantrell24 likes this

Gamaran

Gamaran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

i think every deck out of the box should have at least one Varys. He is the only board reset so far and that might prove more important to have in 2ed. Since gold curve is steep and resources are low.

Also you might want to include some tears of Lys. Melissandre, Tyrion and Cersei can perfectly get the intrigue for you and secure some board control with targeted removal.

I also believe having one more widow's wail would be great. Attachments will be a thing in 2.0 and having just one can make it hard to see on a 60 card deck. Widow's in combination with Tyrion can completely blind side someone during the challenges.

szczudel

szczudel

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

You would like to reconsider your events. Treachery cancels only character card ability. Some Hand's Judgements would be beneficial against, for instance, Tyrells or even Dracarys.

I personally think that Iron throne is absolutely essential to have on board, thus 1x, even with a search plot might be not enough. 2x gives better odds of getting it.

Gamaran

Gamaran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

You would like to reconsider your events. Treachery cancels only character card ability. Some Hand's Judgements would be beneficial against, for instance, Tyrells or even Dracarys.

I personally think that Iron throne is absolutely essential to have on board, thus 1x, even with a search plot might be not enough. 2x gives better odds of getting it.

Many decks dont really need a Iron Throne to win. Low economy rush factions like Greyjoy doesnt really have spare money to pay for the throne. They win by getting unopposed challenges and killing your board over and over, and getting better trades since their units can revive at any time with Damphair.

Dzerards

Dzerards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Plus Greyjoy are more than happy to trash your Iron Throne with We Do Not Sow and then claim it for themselves with Crow Eye!

• starkjoy likes this

Gamaran

Gamaran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Plus Greyjoy are more than happy to trash your Iron Throne with We Do Not Sow and then claim it for themselves with Crow Eye!

its so Nedly that its making my head spin, everything seems so on tune with what the factions did in the shows, that if this game is balanced i can assure any show lover would be able to enjoy this game

agktmte

agktmte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1294 posts
I actually think that greyjoy benefits from the iron throne more than other factions because of damphair. If you need to use him to revive asha or balon can you actually expect to win dom without the throne?
  • mnBroncos, VonWibble and LaurenF like this

Gamaran

Gamaran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

I actually think that greyjoy benefits from the iron throne more than other factions because of damphair. If you need to use him to revive asha or balon can you actually expect to win dom without the throne?

Well that honestly depends on how Greyjoy plays, and your personal playstyle. If you are playing max rush Greyjoy then every gold you spend on your gold limited faction, is another character you could have used to improve your board position. Planning for after you lost your big cards is generally not a good idea for rushing. If your are playing a more calculated Greyjoy, that wants to slow the game down with Damp and Iron Throne then, yeah it might fit better.

Its mostly playstyle and deck building. I was specifically talking about rush, and with Greyjoys having the ability to trash and steal those locations, then maybe you are taking a spot from another card you could have had instead

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts

Treachery cancels character, locations, or attachment abilities. What about the Iron Throne makes it essential for this deck?

i think every deck out of the box should have at least one Varys. He is the only board reset so far and that might prove more important to have in 2ed. Since gold curve is steep and resources are low.

Also you might want to include some tears of Lys. Melissandre, Tyrion and Cersei can perfectly get the intrigue for you and secure some board control with targeted removal.

I also believe having one more widow's wail would be great. Attachments will be a thing in 2.0 and having just one can make it hard to see on a 60 card deck. Widow's in combination with Tyrion can completely blind side someone during the challenges.

I'm torn over Varys. With only a single copy, I'm unlikely to have him when he's needed... but I can't possibly spare two spots for an expensive character that's poor on setup. It's a touch call. 

szczudel

szczudel

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

It is not what Treachery does that is important - it is what it does not!! It does not cancel Events!!

Iron Throne will most probably give instant Dominance win in case opponent does not have it.

As for Octopussies - Event can be cancelled and if that is not the case Throne can be duplicated. And where is your Drown God now, eh? :)

Iron throne is essential in a matter that having it in play can be considered a defensive maneuver, that main goal is to counter opponents Iron Throne.

If you accept loosing all dominances then you do not even need one.

Gamaran

Gamaran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

It is not what Treachery does that is important - it is what it does not!! It does not cancel Events!!

Iron Throne will most probably give instant Dominance win in case opponent does not have it.

As for Octopussies - Event can be cancelled and if that is not the case Throne can be duplicated. And where is your Drown God now, eh? :)

Iron throne is essential in a matter that having it in play can be considered a defensive maneuver, that main goal is to counter opponents Iron Throne.

If you accept loosing all dominances then you do not even need one.

That is a very valid statement, but i feel winning dominance for the sake of winning dominance wont really what you want to do with most decks. If you have cards that take advantage of dominance then your argument gets stronger. If you are going full rush with someone like Greyjoy i still feel that you wont have spare gold to use on Iron throne, especially since Greyjoy is a very gold limited faction