Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Episode 23: Spoiler-sode 2! Root Beer at the Cantina

- - - - - podcasts RATC spoilers ILOVETAGS CANTSTOPWONTSTOP

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Decar

Decar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Its a good set. And I'll have to give credit to the designer of the Tie Phantom, they nailed it with his card text. Feels very thematic. But I don't think that this set will see much play in the current predominate fighter decks, neither Black Squadron nor Boba/Navy Fighter really need it.

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1242 posts
I think this set might be good in the same deck as the upcoming Chimaera pod.
  • hundreds likes this

TheMAC

TheMAC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

I really like the objective ability

9 edge total, not bad

Fighters coming in (and heat of battle) can compeltely change the course of an engagement, very nice !

Tie phantom is wierd, at first it looks like you can say that you dont care about the edge as it cant be striked down with it's ability on second though you want that white tactic.

I like it but i'll probably have to make a whole new deck to use it correctly. I cant see it taking a spot in my current decks. Maybe it will be good with Maarek and fighters coming in and 4 heat is always a good trick.

• LethalHobo and pantsyg like this

scwont

scwont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

I think this set is fine. The Phantoms should be suitably annoying. Does it go better with a swarm (which the objective and event hint at), or with other big fighters? Maybe both. I like flexibility.

I think the first deck I'll try it out in will be Vader/Fett/Fel/Xizor; I've mainly been playing Mick Cipra's build with Guarding the Wing so I'll try swapping that out with one of the Phantoms and one Defense Protocol. I'd also like to see how it goes in a faster, swarmier (probably mono-Navy) deck.

I'm not surprised at all to see no Pilots. Since they'll be designing with rotation in mind now, I think we might see one or two in the Endor cycle (Rogue Squadron's rotation partner), but probably nothing beyond that. I'm perfectly fine with that since the options for Vehicle-centric decks will only grow over time, and the Pilot-based ones will be just one possibility.

• LethalHobo likes this

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

I'm going to start my testing with Superior Numbers. Winning edge with the Phantom, then Tallon Rolling to avoid retribution, will be a handy little trick I think. It's a shame they don't keep their icon immunity outside of engagements, but c'est la vie. 

Could be good with the Chimera set too. The resource will help get the Phantoms out at least. 

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1242 posts

I'm going to start my testing with Superior Numbers. Winning edge with the Phantom, then Tallon Rolling to avoid retribution, will be a handy little trick I think. It's a shame they don't keep their icon immunity outside of engagements, but c'est la vie. 

Could be good with the Chimera set too. The resource will help get the Phantoms out at least. 

I like the fact that both Phantom and Chimaera have tactics, albeit they are Edge-enabled icons. 

scwont

scwont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

I like the fact that both Phantom and Chimaera have tactics, albeit they are Edge-enabled icons. 

Yeah I think they're handling tactics icons on Vehicles pretty well at the moment. Using them sparingly, and mostly edge-enabled. It acknowledges the importance of tactics without turning it into an all-out arms race where every deck type piles in as many as they can. Vehicles on both sides are mostly associated with heavy objective damage, and that works for me.

• LethalHobo likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: podcasts, RATC, spoilers, ILOVETAGS, CANTSTOPWONTSTOP