Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Order of Insanity + Wound + Losing attachments

attachment disrupt

5 replies to this topic

Guest_Matt G_*

Guest_Matt G_*
  • Guests

I asked this over on FFG, got no response, sorry if it's redundant.

I'm pretty new to the game, and like what I've seen so far, but as lots of people have mentioned, the rules are a little tough to reason about.

Let's say I have Abhorrent Spore attached to a wounded character.

That character then goes insane for whatever reason, let's say terror struggle.

Does the disrupt on Abhorrent Spore happen?

I could see if the removal of attachments for going insane fully resolves first, that the character would be destroyed, not saved by the spore.

On the other hand, if the character losing attachments and being destroyed is all one big single event, I could see that being disrupted by the spore.

More importantly, how do we resolve these sorts of timing issues in general? The rules say that a character who is wounded and then would go insane is immediately destroyed. But when multiple things happen "immediately", what's the order?

Thanks for putting up with my possibly obvious questions.

--mjg

JonDigman

JonDigman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
As I understand it (tentative). The character would be driven insane, and lose the attachment (Abhorrent Spore). Then the game state of being wounded while insane would happen, thus killing the character.

Jhaelen

Jhaelen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

I suspect the attachment is destroyed before its Disrupt could be used to save the character from being destroyed, as well. I'm not 100% sure, though. Best send the question to Damon (or wait for more responses here).

If the destruction of the attachment and the character is truly simultaneous, though, the following section from the FAQ would apply:

Whenever character or support cards enter or leave play at the same time, the controlling player chooses the order in which they enter or leave play.

Since the Spore's effect is a Disrupt, I think, you could choose the character to leave play first, allowing you to trigger the Spore's Disrupt to save the character since Disrupts preceed the action triggering them.

I really can't say. Disrupt timing can be tricky, and while the section in the rule book on Insanity implies an order, it could just as well be supposed to happen simultaneously.

tdnordine

tdnordine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

I can't find anything in the FAQ that would determine the order of the two events (Insanity->Lose Attachment & Insanity+Wound->Destroy) within the framework action of a making a character go insane.  

As Jhaelen said, this one should probably go to Damon.

mjgoins

mjgoins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Damon Stone responded to me and he says that the insanity effect first fully removes the attachments, then the wound would destroy the character. So Abhorrent Spore doesn't help.

His email had a copyright notice at the bottom forbidding the dissemination of the email itself, otherwise I would post a verbatim quote here.

• Jhaelen likes this

Jhaelen

Jhaelen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

His email had a copyright notice at the bottom forbidding the dissemination of the email itself, otherwise I would post a verbatim quote here.

Err, lol?! What's that nonsense about?

• Skelton likes this

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: attachment, disrupt