Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

***NA CHAMPIONSHIP 2015 UPDATE THREAD***

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

doctormungmung

doctormungmung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Or defend with both, win edge, and strike with both units, letting Rogue Three eat the guard.

• tierdal likes this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3903 posts

Or defend with both, win edge, and strike with both units, letting Rogue Three eat the guard.

Just remember to strike with the guard first.

Vorrt

Vorrt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

My heartbraking loss on game 1 on my DS went as follows: drop a Royal Guard, ISB Liaison, commit the Liaison. LS then drops Rogue 3, Wedge, and Astromech Upgrade. Now he has 3 unit damage, 5 blast, and he thereby blows up 2 objectives on turn 1. No way I could have stopped it.

I know who did that.  He's my only local sparring partner for my area (without taking a 1+ hr drive anywhere)

normanh

normanh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Umm, don't you think that if that had worked, I would have told you? Because it didn't work.

Ketricel

Ketricel

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

So lets see if I can remember the exact way in which my butt was handed to me in Round 1.

My opponent starts with Killing Cold, Looking for Droids, and Sabotage in the Snow as his opening objectives.  He plays a Wampa and a Probe Droid.  My opening hand after a mulligan is terrible and I am force to play two Nudj's in order to get back the force (I have no other units in hand).  Second turn he plays some more Probe Droids and I am able to keep the force.  On my turn I draw a YYSY, move to conflict and play it..... it gets Imperial Suppressioned! Fortunately I have Asteroid Sanctuary out and attack with a Nudj winning an edge battle and drawing the YYSY.  I play YYSY for a 2nd time......and it get Imperial Suppressioned AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sigh.....  I almost pulled that game out at the very end despite giving my opponent 3 dial ticks from YYSY.

On to game two in the first round.  My opening is pretty good as I have a Royal Guard and two ISB on turn one along with All Out Brawl on the board to make the ISB's a bit more lethal.  Opponent plays Core Yoda giving him Hidden from the Shadows and a Jedi Lightsaber.  He then attacks my Emperor's Web and I declare the guard as a defender in case he has a Protection or Deflection I wanted to kill the Yoda.  I was pretty confident in winning edge as I had a Palpatine and other junk in hand.  Opponent plays 2 cards in edge to my Palpatine and Heat, flip over edge and he dumps TWO Yoda's in edge to win.  Thus killing my guard and my objective.  Move to turn two; I play a few more chuds and pass turn getting the force back.  He puts another attachment on Yoda and goes to conflict.  I now have an Executor and Darth Vader in hand for edge so I defend and put both in.  He flips Rahn, Kyle, Kyle as his edge winning another edge battle and killing another objective.  Move to turn 3; play some more chuds (I am stuck on 4 resources and can't find a tactics icon or Aggression to save my life).  Pass turn and he plays another enhancement on Yoda and goes to conflict.  I block with the board confident I can win edge with another Vader/Exec combo along with a few other random things.  He flips BTS Luke, Kyle, Core Luke as his edge...... So in 3 turns he drew every main in the deck I think, played them all in edge and closed me out with 3 attacks from Core Yoda.  Sigh... not much you can do about that.

Fortunately the day turned around for me and I was able to finish the day out only losing 2 more games. But man was that first round rough....

• holliday88, colsanders, Jackofhearts and 3 others like this

colsanders

colsanders

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

So lets see if I can remember the exact way in which my butt was handed to me in Round 1.

My opponent starts with Killing Cold, Looking for Droids, and Sabotage in the Snow as his opening objectives.  He plays a Wampa and a Probe Droid.  My opening hand after a mulligan is terrible and I am force to play two Nudj's in order to get back the force (I have no other units in hand).  Second turn he plays some more Probe Droids and I am able to keep the force.  On my turn I draw a YYSY, move to conflict and play it..... it gets Imperial Suppressioned! Fortunately I have Asteroid Sanctuary out and attack with a Nudj winning an edge battle and drawing the YYSY.  I play YYSY for a 2nd time......and it get Imperial Suppressioned AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sigh.....  I almost pulled that game out at the very end despite giving my opponent 3 dial ticks from YYSY.

On to game two in the first round.  My opening is pretty good as I have a Royal Guard and two ISB on turn one along with All Out Brawl on the board to make the ISB's a bit more lethal.  Opponent plays Core Yoda giving him Hidden from the Shadows and a Jedi Lightsaber.  He then attacks my Emperor's Web and I declare the guard as a defender in case he has a Protection or Deflection I wanted to kill the Yoda.  I was pretty confident in winning edge as I had a Palpatine and other junk in hand.  Opponent plays 2 cards in edge to my Palpatine and Heat, flip over edge and he dumps TWO Yoda's in edge to win.  Thus killing my guard and my objective.  Move to turn two; I play a few more chuds and pass turn getting the force back.  He puts another attachment on Yoda and goes to conflict.  I now have an Executor and Darth Vader in hand for edge so I defend and put both in.  He flips Rahn, Kyle, Kyle as his edge winning another edge battle and killing another objective.  Move to turn 3; play some more chuds (I am stuck on 4 resources and can't find a tactics icon or Aggression to save my life).  Pass turn and he plays another enhancement on Yoda and goes to conflict.  I block with the board confident I can win edge with another Vader/Exec combo along with a few other random things.  He flips BTS Luke, Kyle, Core Luke as his edge...... So in 3 turns he drew every main in the deck I think, played them all in edge and closed me out with 3 attacks from Core Yoda.  Sigh... not much you can do about that.

Fortunately the day turned around for me and I was able to finish the day out only losing 2 more games. But man was that first round rough....

It sounds more crazy everytime I hear you tell the story. It still boggles my mind..., 2 Supressions?!

At least it's a tale for the ages.

Arkard

Arkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

My opponent starts with Killing Cold, Looking for Droids, and Sabotage in the Snow as his opening objectives. 

Is this real life

meathook

meathook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
In rnd 3 of swiss the dude flipped up 2 killing colds agaisnt me. I was concerned as I haven't played against it in a long time.

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

Someone at Nats got imp suppressioned 2x times...but i think they wont that game - 2x hoth vader is like... ehhhhhh 

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3903 posts

Someone at Nats got imp suppressioned 2x times...but i think they wont that game - 2x hoth vader is like... ehhhhhh 

The post telling that story from the guy who had it happen is literally 4 posts above yours.  Ketricel had it happen round 1 and did end up losing the game.

• holliday88, Vorrt and CharlieFilms like this

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

The post telling that story from the guy who had it happen is literally 4 posts above yours.  Ketricel had it happen round 1 and did end up losing the game.

lol i missed that... didn't have time to read 2 paragraphs ;0

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3903 posts

You missed out, it's a good story.  Ketricel got good at telling it by the end of the weekend. :D

• meathook and tierdal like this

Nosilloc

Nosilloc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Just remember to strike with the guard first.

Doesn't matter because I had Called to Arms out. Kill the guard and objective with icons, called kills isb.
  • normanh likes this

YEEZUS

YEEZUS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

well I wrote a report but you cant paste into this text box so here are my decks.  light side is basically unstoppable, dark side basically cant win

smuggler and spys

2 may the force be with you

2 heros journey

2 heros beginning

2 asteroid sanctuary

1 watchers

1 heros and legends

scum and villans

2 masterful manip

1 the hunters

1 imp bureaucracy

2 emeprors web

2 fall of jedi

2 executor arrives

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts

I think that is a Thrawn mike drop walk off. "You all thought I wasn't good enough."
And didn't Jon win with Leia last year. That's awesome. I feel that set is highly underrated.

I believed in thrawn before it was cool :P