Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wrath of the Crusaders - Planet Fall pack

• Please log in to reply
366 replies to this topic

theamazingmrg

theamazingmrg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Yeah.  Ignore me, I'm tired!  It's been a while since I've played Conquest - keep forgetting it's not Thrones where you exhaust to defend!

ComeHonor

ComeHonor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Damn, I love me some Space Marines.

• Blacklanner likes this

Corvus

Corvus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Lots of neat stuff here.

The Emperor's Champion - I like the flexibility of forcing your opponent to attack with a Void Pirate first, or tanking a big hit when needed.

Faith and Hatred - Thank the Emperor! I hate that so many signature supports often just languish in hand because you want to spend your resources on yet another unit. Hopefully future sig squads have more cards like this, cheaper but with minor effects, so that there's more diversity in the cards that actually hit the table.

Saim-Hann Kinsman - I like what I see so far. Hopefully it's a 1/1 mobile.

Berzerker Warriors - Looks like maybe they can ambush in for free when you destroy an enemy unit? Would make it a reverse Elysian Assault Team, which is fitting for Chaos.

Huge Chain-Choppa - Has the distinction of being the second attachment in the game that can attach to tokens, and the first one where that might be a good idea. That's gonna look weird.

Edit: Based on Colony Shield Generator's name/art and the use of "this card be ... " in the text I can't think of anything else it could do other than be a 'redirect' target for effects that would target your other supports.

I look forward to all my guesswork being wrong.

• WarfStyxfury likes this

Ywingscum

Ywingscum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
It'll look huge!

Sokhar

Sokhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
Putting a unique army unit in the sig squad is very cool, glad they continue to tinker with it.

Emperor's Champion is INSANE. An elite unique is great, gives him a range of protection. Better fighting stats than a warlord, decent command the ability is both incredibly powerful, and extremely versatile. He's already durable enough, but with SM's plethora of shields AND him being a legal target for Iron Halo, its going to be a huge task to get rid of this guy when he hits the table.

Bravo, can't recall being blown away so much so by any other spoiled card we've gotten. Plus Templars look very strong even without him.

Johan1

Johan1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

"Unstoppable" means different things?

Templars look really good.

LordVampire

LordVampire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
I'm loving it. Don't know yet of the warlord Will be good, but he has 7HP and can use the abillity on himself. The signature cards look great though! Although the support is a bit of a rerun of the AM bunker. It's still a great card nonetheless.

And Sokar, good call on the Iron Halo for the Champion. Seems a great combo.

Kingsley

Kingsley

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Both the rules and art for this warlord and his signature squad look awesome! I really look forward to seeing this guy in action, as well as seeing what other Black Templars cards are going to be in this cycle - the Black Templars/Unstoppable subtheme looks very cool, and this warlord's ability promotes it well.

StingerMK2

StingerMK2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Does this mean a BAV can be boosted twice without taking the damage? Obviously assuming it's not exhausted and at a blue planet

Also is there any reason anyone might be able to think of to use this ability outside of the combat phase?

Falchion

Falchion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Does this mean a BAV can be boosted twice without taking the damage? Obviously assuming it's not exhausted and at a blue planet

Yup!

As for boosting outside of combat, you could use the action on a unit attached with the signature attachment. If they're wounded you could boost them to heal up to 2 points of damage, basically for free.

*EDIT* The attachment reads "once per round." Does the deploy phase have rounds? I think this interaction works to some degree, not sure though.

Veetek

Veetek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Round means the entire game round, ie. all four phases put together.

I like that there's no tribal mechanics in the sig squad, making all eight cards valuable regardless of your deck composition.

Ywingscum

Ywingscum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
In the emporer's champion card who is he facing off against? I'm guessing some 40k experts on here will know

Koz

Koz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

I haven't played the tabletop in a long, long time, but it looks like he's squaring off against Kharn the Betrayer

• Ywingscum likes this

rzarectz

rzarectz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Last line of their release article:

Look for Wrath of the Crusaders at your local retailer in the fourth quarter of 2015!

They could at least update their god damned template file to account for their chronic delays.. 

Moving on, can we all agree to call this guy Skeletor?

• Ywingscum likes this

kwarrend

kwarrend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Neat that the damage the Warlord deals is shieldable, it's not part of the cost of the action (aka Flash Gitz).

• WarfStyxfury likes this

Dietzen

Dietzen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

By the way, a army unit chosen by the Champion can not AE.

Why not? I don't get it. States a unit must be declared as an attacker, he can still use AE while attacking?

palpster

palpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
That artwork on The Emperor's Champion.....love it!

Abyssalfury

Abyssalfury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

For Emperor's Champion, he has to be declared as the defender, not just the opposing character as an attacker. So no AoE.

Anyway, am I the only one a little worried about this guy and his ability to hand out attack pumps like candy?

Nematode

Nematode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

If I'm not mistaken, the champion can also prevent the enemy warlord from retreating for a combat turn since he forces the opponent to attack with an army unit rather than choosing to retreat the warlord.  This could be a very powerful effect under certain circumstances that might force the opponent to commit to a different planet than the one containing the champion.  Sometimes the threat of that one smack against the warlord is all it takes to swing a battle.

• VonWibble, Kingsley, WarfStyxfury and 3 others like this

ShreffDaddy

ShreffDaddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I may be wrong but the text says it has to be an army unit I do not believe the enemy warlord will count.
  • Hector21 likes this