The Annals of Castle Black
Where is it:
- Fill out "Step 1" Tournament Details. Pay particular attention to Latest CP and FAQ, which default to the latest available in the USA
-Type: Casual/Competitive/Premier is defined by FFG's tourney rules - suggestions are provided in bold.
-Note that a tournament where the swiss champion is crowned winner is considered a cut of "Top 1"
- In "Step 2", Input the Faction/Agenda and any additional information of all the players in the standing they finished the swiss rounds. Please refrain from using full names of players. When using real names, limit yourself to a full firstname, followed by last initial.
- For "Step 3" the cut, simply click on the name (or standing) of the player who won the cut match. If the pairings are not identical to those you used, you can manually re-pair them using the "Set Pairings" function.
- If you are a tournament organizer, filling in the standings after the swiss rounds will allow the spreadsheet to sort out your pairings automatically.
- While using player names can be useful to serve as a frame of reference and help other players fill in their information, refrain from using full last names.
Queryable database! We've left the land of spreadsheets!
1. Entering Data
- I accidentally made a mistake in entering my tournament - what do I do?
While making entries editable by their submittors is our top priority, for now we'd ask you to resubmit the tourney with the correct information, and PM either myself or drakk (or both) to delete the old version. This is just a temporary measure until we get correct editing/flagging in place.
- I only know the top cut, but not the standings of swiss ranked players - what do I do?
The rankings of swiss players outside the cut won't be used in any of the data collection; just list all the other house/agenda/restricted in any order you like.
- I don't know the House/Agenda for a player - what do I do?
Enter them as "unknown"
- My tournament was really small, should I bother adding it?
- What if we didn't use the same pairings in our cut as the form suggests?
You can overwrite the existing pairings by writing in your own (1 Wins vs 2, for instance).
- What about Melee, and/or other alternate formats?
The data collection for those is more complex, and (in many cases) generates less meaningful statistics for the community at large, and aren't supported by this sheet.
2. Using Entered data:
- There's a feature I'd like to see, how do I get it incorporated?
Contact me directly here on the boards, or email me here.
- What if I want to use the data you've collected?
Go ahead; the data is for the use of the community. If you specifically need special access to the data, contact me directly either here on the boards, or by email here.