So the first real batch of tournaments are in, ranging from 44 people to tournaments with 8 people. The sample size is small but it is already beginning to show certain trends.
Represented in the field Represented in the cut
Barathion 21% 50%
Greyjoy 23% 6%
Lannister 10% 13%
Martell 7% -
Night's Watch 9% -
Stark 7% 6%
Tyrell 2% -
Targaryen 20% 25%
So what do we see?
- Well, Bara is doing really good and is making the cut more than two times more often than the relative attendance suggests (21% and 50%)
- Lannister is doing slighty better with 10% and 13%
- Targaryen is also sees an increase in slots in the cut compared to the number of attendees
- Stark is slighty underrepresented in the cut
- Martell / Tyrell / Night's Watch are totally absent from the cut
And now the biggest revelation:
- Greyjoy is even though it was the most popular only making the cut in 6% of the times (23% and 6%)
These numbers are pure and raw and don't take into account which decks where present at the tournaments or which banners they used. These numbers are purely based on number of players per faction and number of players per faction that made the cut.
As you can see Bara is doing really good with only Lanni and Targ being able to put up positive records. These conclusions shock nobody most probably. But seeing how Greyjoy seems to do quite poorly is really interesting and I am wondering why this is the case. Stark is probably underrepresented as a whole and should see an increase when more players start realizing that it can do some damage.
So what are your thoughts about these numbers?
PS why can't I upload my table from a image hosting site?