Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SWLCG Worlds 2015 Live* Coverage

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

doctormungmung

doctormungmung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
Last rounds pairings are up!

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

Outer Rim Mystics killed Thrawn in his sleep.

They probably killed Thrawn with Sith. But not with Navy. Between Tarkin, Moment of Triumph and the stormtrooper assault team there are lost of ways to get rid of them. Also Pilot Vader and Thrawn works too.

I guess they are just another tool for Jedi that the DS has to find answers for. I still wish they weren't Jedi. I mean I get the theme they went for but that ability should have been somewhere else entirely. 

• fliptheforce likes this

darthbs

darthbs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1063 posts
I should go to bed, doesn't look like my brit boys will make the cut. Meanwhile in AGOT joust top 16 we have 2 brits in the running. So not all bad.

FuzzyWookiee

FuzzyWookiee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Where can I see who is in the top spots? Is my boy David Tietze still in first?

LethalHobo

LethalHobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Where can I see who is in the top spots? Is my boy David Tietze still in first?

He was on table 4 for the last round. Unless he doesn't get swept, he should make it in.

• FuzzyWookiee likes this

doctormungmung

doctormungmung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
Dav has the final standings up!
  • yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

Interesting (perhaps meaningless) bit of info.  According to the info I've compiled from past tourneys. 

4 people have made Top 16 each of the 3 Worlds tourneys - Matt Wehner (Flip), Mick Cipra (defending champ), Zach Bunn and Todd Vanderwalker.  That's pretty darn impressive. 

4 others are making their 2nd Worlds Top 16 cut - Nathanael Tripp (Ketricel), Tyler Parrott (davflamerock), and Tom Melucci and Matthew Davey.

3 people made Top 16 at Gen. Con this year and Worlds - Dante DeMille, Tom Melucci and Chris Kowall.

Once again the top players seem to have proven themselves to be just that by where they've finished at these big events.  Congrats to all in the top 16 and good luck to everyone tomorrow.  Looking forward to watching any games FFG bothers to stream from the top cut. 

I hope people don't mind me listing their screen names when I knew them. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Matthew Davey is Toggle, Dante D. is Utinni and Chris Kowall is tierdal. 

Edited:  Didn't mean to shortchange Tom M.  Thanks TGO.

• Ketricel likes this

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts
Tom Melucci was in the top cut last year.
  • yodaman and Ozrix like this

Toggle

Toggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
Oh no, my secret identity!

doctormungmung

doctormungmung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
And Tyler's first worlds was last year, so he's made top cut every time he's attended.
  • yodaman likes this

Mike1977

Mike1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Once again the top players seem to have proven themselves to be just that by where they've finished at these big events.  

I was watching the x-wing final earlier today, and I will admit that I am not a fan of games where dice play a significant role, but to watch someone win for the 3rd time in a row is definitely crazy.

Perhaps the dice play much less of a role then I thought.

Sorry for falling off topic, yodaman's statement was similar to my thoughts during the x-wing finals.

• yodaman likes this

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts
Team Covenant did an interview with Paul Heaver and he has only lost 1 game of X wing the last 3 years.

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

Team Covenant did an interview with Paul Heaver and he has only lost 1 game of X wing the last 3 years.

I assume that is at Worlds because he totally does actually lose. He just brings his A game and really strong meta call lists to Worlds. 

I was watching the x-wing final earlier today, and I will admit that I am not a fan of games where dice play a significant role, but to watch someone win for the 3rd time in a row is definitely crazy.

Perhaps the dice play much less of a role then I thought.

Sorry for falling off topic, yodaman's statement was similar to my thoughts during the x-wing finals.

I was rooting the for the kid but I knew it would be an uphill battle. Nathan played pretty well but he was overrun by a failure of the dice. While Paul may have still won the match, I think in this instance the dice undid Nathan's strategy and turned the game more into a rout than a contest. 

I can't speak for the other games though. Paul didn't lose one and a lot of the game is about positioning to make sure you can mitigate the effects of the dice. 

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts
Yeah, he has only lost 1 game at world championship events the last 3 years.

Jackofhearts

Jackofhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
You missed me! John Heath-Clark = Jackofhearts
  • yodaman likes this

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

What is the meta in top16?

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
To add to Yodamanl's post, Quentin is the 2014 & 2015 French National Champ
  • scwont, yodaman and fliptheforce like this

Mike1977

Mike1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Gonna get to watch 3-4 hours of swlcg today... :) woot!

Entertain me FFG!

• yodaman and Jarratt like this

tierdal

tierdal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2344 posts
Best navy is cap ships so far!!!'exciting!!
  • Jarratt likes this

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Best navy is cap ships so far!!!'exciting!!

This is exciting. I saw Zach Bunn playing DSSDs in one of the FFG Twitter pics, which definitely piqued my interest.
  • doctormungmung and yodaman like this