Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SWLCG Worlds 2015 Live* Coverage

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Toggle

Toggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
Dislikes: Misplaying Lightsaber Deflection timing with Pilot Vader around

Ozrix

Ozrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

I like the space for player profiles at the bottom.

Melucci: likes- my playmat
dislikes- not having it

I LoL'ed at this so hard... Sooooooo true :)

Toggle

Toggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
Caravan of Courage : An Ewok Adventure

• Ozrix likes this

Cambeul

Cambeul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

I talked to Zach a lot about this. The tl;dr is the same as what John said above:

The deck is very focused. It hits hard and fast and early and it relies on the fact that all its units have shielding to make it difficult to stop. It NEEDS the core of Needa, Death Squadron, Sabotage, Chimaera, and Imperial Entanglements.

That leaves two pods available, and Tarkin is better for the deck than Yularen because Tarkin slows your opponent via more than just the objective and there's nothing they can do to play around it.

That said, I think Yularen is the most overtly powerful pod in the game and I'll be running it in all my DS decks for a long time going forward.

I was thinking instead of using the Tarkin pod I would use Unstoppable Advance.

Gives you 6 more units with Shielding, and Orbital Resupply Station as a Reducer. Agressive Assault will probably mostly used as 2 Force Icons.

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

I was thinking instead of using the Tarkin pod I would use Unstoppable Advance.

Gives you 6 more units with Shielding, and Orbital Resupply Station as a Reducer. Agressive Assault will probably mostly used as 2 Force Icons.

Main downside is that you need a Hoth objective out to play assault and the AT-ATs have white blast. Being able to break Resupply Depot, the Hut and Shien might be worth it though

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
Repeatable enhancement removal is awesome, but the setup cost is so high on AT-ATs and you usually want them using their icons when you're paying 4 for them.
  • doctormungmung, chunkygorillas and medfreeman like this

Toggle

Toggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

I would kill for a "greatest hits" set that had a Veers, AT-AT, Blizzard AT-ST, Forward Command Post, and Protection in it.  It would have to wait until FCP cycled out though . . .

• DavFlamerock and doctormungmung like this

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

I would kill for a "greatest hits" set that had a Veers, AT-AT, Blizzard AT-ST, Forward Command Post, and Protection in it. It would have to wait until FCP cycled out though . . .

Your Blizzard AT-ST is bringing me down. Can't I have Aggressive Assault or the Snowtroope Vanguard instead?

But yeah Veers' set feels pretty off and the concept is spread out too much over too many sets.

But I was quite enjoying a Thrawn Hoth deck before IE came out and as much as Indontbkike any card in Veers' set other than Veers and the objective, Veers' was a star if he came out.

Hoth may not be super top tier (especially across the entire cycle) but I think we sometimes forget the game is for fun too and Hoth can make some pretty fun decks.

DavFlamerock

DavFlamerock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
Worlds may have been a month ago, but I've finally finished compiling and writing the supplements to my 2015 Worlds coverage. Go check out the new articles at the bottom:

* A preview of what we expected going into the event...
* A recap of my Day One (Swiss) experience
* A recap of my Day Two (Top Cut) experience
* Profiles of the Top 16 SWLCG players!
* A breakdown of the metagame after the fact, and looks at the breakout decks of the tournament.

• Eggzavier likes this