Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AT-AT question

Best Answer PBrennan , 28 November 2015 - 05:59 AM

An ability that uses "target" can't pass step 1 of the ability initiation sequence (and therefore can't initiate) if there isn't a valid target. As such, in this case the ability can't initiate if there isn't a "target non-limited enhancement" in play.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2794 posts

AT-AT:  After this unit is focused to strike, instead of resolving its combat icons, discard a target non-limited enhancement.

Forgive me if this has come up before.

If there are no non-limited enhancements in play, can the AT-AT still choose not to resolve its combat icons to avoid triggering something like Shien Training or Rahn's reaction?

PBrennan

PBrennan

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts
✓  Best Answer

An ability that uses "target" can't pass step 1 of the ability initiation sequence (and therefore can't initiate) if there isn't a valid target. As such, in this case the ability can't initiate if there isn't a "target non-limited enhancement" in play.

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2794 posts

That's what I thought.  Thanks for the clarification.  My opponent actually chose to not use the combat icons and I didn't think that was right, but I wasn't sure and didn't have the rulebook in front of me at the time. I just let it go. 

DavFlamerock

DavFlamerock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

You can always choose not to use the combat icons if Shien Training is in play! :P

• yodaman likes this