Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Sold out in 10 min
Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:16 PM
Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:39 PM
Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:31 PM
Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:30 PM
Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:18 PM
Chris from Gen Con here. I wanted to pipe in and give you all some concrete information and facts.
- FFG expedited pallets of the game from LA to arrive at the show. The primary shipment is enroute to FFG still.
- We brought more copies of this game than any game we've ever brought to Gen Con (except for X-Wing, which we have here at the same show).
- We did not, mistakenly, place a limit on these. It should be said that FFG has never (in our recollection) placed limits on Gen Con sales.
- Rumors of hoarding are greatly overstated. A few people bought 6-8 copies (about 5 people is my information). Most of the people buying 3-4 copies were simply doing so for a friend in order for the friend to avoid the huge line. There was NOT a 25-copy sale.
- Half the copies were sold from 9am to 10am when the "VIG" gamers are let into the hall. Per Gen Con rules, we have to be open for business for this crowd (who pay for this priviledge). So, in fact, the game sold out on 70 minutes, not 10.
- We are overnighting loaner copies, so that anyone who registered for the Icebreaker tournament (and was unable to buy a game) will have game materials.
- We are looking at options to get more copies driven in from afar (but we cannot promise that we'll be successful).
We are, of course, very sorry for the gamers whom wanted a copy, and came early, and that did not get copies. Fortunately the game will be broadly available in 4 weeks or so.
This does not imply that we did not make a mistake here, but I think the facts should assist in curbing the speculation.
Christian T Petersen
- Darksbane and Hatori1181 like this
Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:30 AM
It's a long long time...
Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:01 AM
Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:13 PM
Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:58 PM
Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:30 AM
Will you have time for Netrunner and learning AGOT Ixamos? I think you should send it to me in the UK whilst building more AGOT decks
Hehehe ... I wish i was in UK, then we can meet-up and have some crazy Netrunner session. I will definitely have time for both games