Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looking to introduce a new player

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
What's the best way to introduce someone to the game? I was thinking that I'll have him start with a Haas deck, as Corp is a little easier to pick up.
Thoughts?

caesaroftheforce

caesaroftheforce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Honestly, running the two decks recommended in the core set as the "beginner decks" can be a good way to show new players into the game without overwhelming them. Running a HB deck is also not a bad idea, you may just need to explain the deck's goals before you have them sit down and try to play. Good luck and I hope your new player enjoys the game!

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

Honestly, running the two decks recommended in the core set as the "beginner decks" can be a good way to show new players into the game without overwhelming them. Running a HB deck is also not a bad idea, you may just need to explain the deck's goals before you have them sit down and try to play. Good luck and I hope your new player enjoys the game!

It's going to be hard. Everyone up here refuses to look at anything other than Magic. His complaint was that the cardpool for Netrunner was smaller than magic. So???

JTG81

JTG81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

I think it is better for them to start as runner since runner cards are played faceup. This helps to allow you to help them. If they start as corp, you don't know if they are installing assets upgrades ice or agendas correctly.

• keekohmygod and MightyToenail like this

caesaroftheforce

caesaroftheforce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
That is an odd complaint to have, that is for sure. For those of us who have built decks in Netrunner we know the struggle of building with limited influence! If that is the primary concern then I would try to explain the deck building to whomever you are attempting to show the game and tell them it's a lot more varied because of the unique restrictions that netrunner places on the corp and the runner. At least that's what I would try to do. And I agree with JT that having them play the runner side first is good so they don't install ice as an asset! That would be pretty funny though :)
  • MightyToenail likes this

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
All right, got it all se up to teach him after Christmas, on the condition that I learn Magic. He read through the rules already, so he must have some hidden desire to play it.