Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ThronesHub

- - - - - community site resource content

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

drakk

drakk

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Hi Everyone,

To help usher in the new year of thrones ahead of us I have created a new community site I'd like to share with everyone.

http://www.throneshub.com/

Features

News - Agot related News direct from FFGs site

Content -  Articles/Podcasts/Videos from members of the community, as well as the ability to submit new articles on the site, you can see some of the in-site article features on the following article I've created A Quick Guide to the Night's Watch

Content on the site is searchable by tags, and there is a deckbuilding section to find deckbuilding content faster

Rules - Commonly asked rules questions will be available here, the idea is it would be used as a first point to check for an answer before asking on the forums etc.

Cards - A list of cards including spoiled cards, from each card there is links to related rules questions making it easier to find the relevant rules

Find Players - Post your playgroup on the site so we can have a quick and easy way for new players to find groups in their area

The site still has a couple of things that need to be done, but it'd be super appreciated if people could start adding their groups and any content providers add the links to their articles/videos etc.

What's to Come:

Soon The Annals will be a part of the site with a more  up to date way of submitting and viewing the tournament results

The site is expandable in any other way the community might see a potential need for.

If you have any feedback please let me know and suggestions for new features are definitely welcome.

Currently if there are any rules questions you think need to be added you will need to let me know and I can add them, in the future I will open it to certain community members to be able to add and modify questions

• Click5, Barnie25, JoeFromCincinnati and 1 other like this

drakk

drakk

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Additionally I'd like to add the goal of the site is to provide extra resources for the community as well as being a great place to point new players towards.

It is not intended to split the community in anyway and presently there is no plans for a forum or anything. Content providers can get more exposure to their content whilst still having the traffic directed to their own site.

laiyna

laiyna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

and whats the added value over this site?

drakk

drakk

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

This site is great for discussion, but this is just one part of the community.   I would say the value is its entirely thrones related, and it'll make searching for rules answers or content related to a particular subject a lot easier than it is here. As well as the fact we can build it to do pretty much anything we can think of if there is anything the community feels we need, where as here we are restricted to whats already available. 

It's in no way supposed to compete with CGDB, merely compliment it and allow a lot of the content that the community here produces to be more widely accessible even some time after it's originally posted

Reclusive

Reclusive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Welcome addition, although the design is a really dated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: community site, resource, content