Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NAPD Most Wanted List

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

AdorablePython

AdorablePython

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

As of January 1st, 2016 some cards may be found on the so called NAPD Most Wanted List, which can be accessed from the official Tournament Rules document. Each copy of those cards reduces your maximum influence by 1, even if those cards are from your own faction. (can't be reduced below 1)

At the moment, those cards are:

CORP

- Architect

- AstroScript Pilot Program

- Eli 1.0

- NAPD Contract

- SanSan City Grid

RUNNER

- Cerberus "Lady" H1

- Clone Chip

- Desperado

- Parasite

- Pre-Paid Voice PAD

- Yog.0

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

No! Not Astroscript! Not SanSan!

You can tell what type of decks I play.

doenerone

doenerone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
The terrible reign of Damon Stone begins...

Another LCG which gets the restricted list treatment and I'm sure another LCG I'll sell in half a year, given that I witnessed the community collapse of AGoT 1.0 and CoC in my area after the lists came.

It baffles me that FFG comes up with such an unelegant solution after all these years in the card game industry.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

Another LCG which gets the restricted list treatment and I'm sure another LCG I'll sell in half a year, given that I witnessed the community collapse of AGoT 1.0 and CoC in my area after the lists came.

It baffles me that FFG comes up with such an unelegant solution after all these years in the card game industry.

Confused why think it is a bad thing? Especially since was a much needed necessity for Thrones and CoC. I do think it is a little weird how they are doing it with Netrunner but I think it is an interesting thing that improves deck building skill. Also makes autoincludes not always so. 

Sithborg

Sithborg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Granted, I would've preferred a traditional restricted list than this complication, but I don't disagree with them doing it. 

Jhaelen

Jhaelen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Granted, I would've preferred a traditional restricted list than this complication, but I don't disagree with them doing it. 

This. I also have a strong dislike for the discounted out-of-faction card mechanic introduced in the Mumbai cycle. Good luck for tournament judges trying to check quickly if a deck is legal...

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

This. I also have a strong dislike for the discounted out-of-faction card mechanic introduced in the Mumbai cycle. Good luck for tournament judges trying to check quickly if a deck is legal...

I'm still catching up on the packs, so I think I'll just skip Mumbad for that reason. That and the "limit x per deck" has always annoyed me, in any game. I'll probably publish a rant on the lotr forums about limit x per deck soon.

Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 597 posts

I'm very surprised to hear that the introduction of the restricted list had an adverse effect on your AGoT 1.0 meta. Never heard anything like that before. In my experience, the restricted list was generally either accepted as a necessity or even welcomed as another tool to adjust and shake up the metagame in AGoT 1.0.

• keekohmygod and MightyToenail like this

AdorablePython

AdorablePython

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Good points.

Alright, what about Global Food Initiative. Look at the top Worlds decks. Nearly all of the Haas decks ran it.

Let's continue this discussion here, as it is unrelated to Faust.

Personally, I think Global Food Initiative is fine. It already has a neutral influence cost.

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

Let's continue this discussion here, as it is unrelated to Faust.

Personally, I think Global Food Initiative is fine. It already has a neutral influence cost.

However, it has been running rampant in the tourneys, so something must be wrong. Maybe it shouldn't be as extreme as the MWL, but something would help.

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
So looked at the ten newest results from stimhack.com. 8 out of 10 Corp decks that won had food initiative in them.

syntaxerror111

syntaxerror111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

First thoughts on the card choices:

CORP

- Architect: Great sentry with no downsides, effective. Rez cost should have been 4-5, but not broken. Rotation fixes this long term. Don't agree.

- AstroScript Pilot Program. Best agenda in the game. All NBN decks now suffer -3 influence, but still worth taking. Should have been a 4/2. Agree

- Eli 1.0: Eli has always been solid, but not game breaking. Seems odd to put good ice on the list. Rotation fixes this long term. Don't agree.

- NAPD Contract: Influence should have been 1 like GFI. Definitely agree

- SanSan City Grid: Influence of 3 already expensive out of faction, and with NBN losing 3 inf across the board this seems a bit harsh. Don't agree.

RUNNER

- Cerberus "Lady" H1: Cheapest barrier breaker, its downsides negated by Shaper recursion. Hard to say with clone chip nerf if this was necessary.

- Clone Chip: Installing programs mid-run is really powerful. Definitely agree.

- Desperado: Best console in the game. Should have costed 4-5. Necessary for criminals to have a real choice for consoles. Definitely agree

- Parasite: Most deadly with clone chip, which is already getting a nerf. Integral to Anarchs, and designed to be that way. Don't agree

- Pre-Paid Voice PAD: Only used by one archetype (PPVP) which already runs CC, Lady, and sometimes Parasite. Don't agree.

- Yog.0: Should have been 2 influence since the core set. Agree.

Good thing is this list is subject to change.

Bad thing is that they tried to change a lot all at once, and that some inclusions are not geared toward fixing overpowered cards.

The other thing to note is that the NAPD Most Wanted List is not really necessary. Remember when Andromeda and Account Siphon were everywhere? Previously they designed cards to counter , and its no longer in most winning decks like it used to be. I feel like Damon is taking a shortcut here.

• MightyToenail likes this

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
I agree with you on all except parasite. Parasite needed the list.