Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official Galactic Ambitions preview

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

colsanders

colsanders

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
Boom.

https://www.fantasyf...ctic-ambitions/

brimmstorm

brimmstorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts
Those cards are ok.....

Nope! They are totally awesome.

Also the art on the Emperors objective is awesome.
  • yodaman, chunkygorillas and Tripnrocket like this

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts

A 6 combat icon Emperor Palpatine in an objective with a better Wolfman type unit? Pretty powerful.

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

So we're getting a new Palp in the Endor cycle and another in GA? Seems like we'll finally see Sith decks with different cores.

These cards look fantastic.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Wooow. So much exciting stuff!

First off, the art is great on so many of the cards. Emp, Mon Mothma, Alliance X-Wing!

Rebels confirmed, with Kanan and the Inquisitor on cards--though I guess we all saw that coming. Cool!

Support for Rebel Characters! The new Mon Mothma is awesome, and her text really screams "leadership." Her set is a hidden resource engine as well; with the enhancement on herself, she turns into a super-Motti. I like the mechanic referencing Oset numbers on both the enhancement and the search. Kyle = awesome. The search card is cool, with Kyle from this set, Twist in Leia's, and whatever comes with the new Ackbar.

New emp and his obj: Finally, the DS gets a real bonus for winning the Force! Been waiting for this since Echoes, and wow, what powerful bonuses they are!

Vader's Chamber--how nuts is this in Sith? Hunted is excellent as well, basically turning damage into tactics. 

Kanan's Concentration makes me sad. Why are Jedi getting a zero-cost remove focus event?

Cutsey: Hidden Grove--basically Smuggler's Handbook, but better.

Love the look of the Zuckuss 4-Lom pair. I like their original set, but I'm happy to see them back. Looks like they'll continue Scum themes of edge manipulation, and Droids. 

Ok, got all that off my chest. Let the hype train roll!

• SeeThreebilbo likes this

TheNameWasTaken

TheNameWasTaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Super sweet stuff all across the board!

@brimmstorm - I think the art on everything in this spoiler is awesome!

By the way, they've changed the pod numbering scheme - the DS pods are first in the numbering order. I don't remember seeing that before.

TheNameWasTaken

TheNameWasTaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Kanan's Concentration makes me sad. Why are Jedi getting a zero-cost remove focus event?

It's deploy only, so I don't think that's a big deal.

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts
It says first quarter 2016 for a release "date." That's insane.
  • chunkygorillas likes this

colsanders

colsanders

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
My main takeaway here, a new Sith Vader, with a resource finally! It will be interesting to see if there is a new 'core' Sith created from this box.

The Rebel stuff seems cool. But most of all, let them get Protect, let them get Protect, let them get Protect, let them get Protect, let them get Protect....
  • doctormungmung, Rio, SeeThreebilbo and 2 others like this

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

I second Mr. Pants on the art.  I particularly love the boozing Zuckuss and pretty Grove.

The Emperor's set is really interesting.  Neat alternative to the Core version.  Cool contrast in that the new Guard doesn't have protect.  The event is nice, but is a little redundant considering the objective ability.

I like the Mon Mothma set, too.  Man, I am really looking forward to fun Rebel Character options.  I want to compare the decktype with Smuggler characters.

Awesome edge stuff with Scum again.  Edge two?  Yikes.

That junk dealer is cool.  Great combos with BtS Luke.

Also aaaaaaa Meditation Chamber

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

So I looked up the Terentatek because I'm ignorant. Turns out those are Sithspawn, so more support for that theme, yay!

It says first quarter 2016 for a release "date." That's insane.

I wouldn't believe that even if I was paid. Will probably be released the second quarter, and that's awesome anyway.

• doctormungmung and pantsyg like this

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

So I looked up the Terentatek because I'm ignorant. Turns out those are Sithspawn, so more support for that theme, yay!

I wouldn't believe that even if I was paid. Will probably be released the second quarter, and that's awesome anyway.

I don't believe in that date, but I don't know that I care since I'm pretty pumped for the Endor releases too. No need to rush the cycle. I still haven't gotten around to playing an Endor Han deck, but that's mainly because I got distracted by Iggy B.

Utinni

Utinni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

I think what I'm most excited about from this announcement is that I feel confident that we will get an Ahsoka Tano card sometime soon. The previewed cards are great of course, but Ahsoka Lives!

• SeeThreebilbo and pantsyg like this

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Doesn't look like the cycle will be rushed, just released in a timely manner. But because we're accustomed to delays, we get the impression its being rushed :P

In any case...

2nd pack - January

3rd pack - February

4th pack - March

5th pack - April

6th pack - May

GA - June/July?

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts
Sooooo, the meta is about to shift dramatically. We may see the first sith deck ever to get to the top 16 of worlds or gencon to not have core Palp.

Also, Mon Mothma looks borderline broken. I do love the new Kyle Katarn though. He is coated almost perfectly given what else is in the set and the card pool overall right now.

SeeThreebilbo

SeeThreebilbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1819 posts

Summertime release would be cool.  We could get a start on another new cycle in the fall.

Arkard

Arkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

There's finally the Leader stuff too! Looks cool!

doctormungmung

doctormungmung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Holy guacamole, the art on these cards is FANTASTIC! 

• Sithborg and senator52 like this

DavFlamerock

DavFlamerock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
Wait, Dark Forces Kyle exists now? OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
  • Wrath87 and tierdal like this

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Sooooo, the meta is about to shift dramatically. We may see the first sith deck ever to get to the top 16 of worlds or gencon to not have core Palp.

Also, Mon Mothma looks borderline broken. I do love the new Kyle Katarn though. He is coated almost perfectly given what else is in the set and the card pool overall right now.

I am looking forward to Mon Mothma-Leia and Mon Mothma-MC80 combos. I wonder if we'll see a new leader Leia in the box?
  • DavFlamerock likes this