Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Origins Hosting US Championships in 2016

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Toggle

Toggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

https://www.fantasyf...organized-play/

• Vorrt likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

Neat info.  Thanks for posting, Toggle.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Interesting, they're separating "US Nationals" and "North American Champ." Or has that always been the case and I'm just an ignorant casual? Either way, hoping I can make most of these events! I've never been to Adepticon or Gencon, so an excuse to attend either or both is very welcome!

America

America

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Mad props to Marc Cramer (krey) for hosting and organizing SWLCG events at Origins. That had to have played a YUUUUUUUGE role in FFG deciding to run events at Origins. 

• DavFlamerock, Wrath87, yodaman and 2 others like this

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Interesting, they're separating "US Nationals" and "North American Champ." Or has that always been the case and I'm just an ignorant casual? Either way, hoping I can make most of these events! I've never been to Adepticon or Gencon, so an excuse to attend either or both is very welcome!

I searched the adepticon event listings and there was nothing for Star Wars. It was all X wing, armada and imperial assault events. Adepticon is a 40k miniatures event so I was expecting a conquest event like last year and I didn't find a conquest event. I would be shocked if we saw a Star Wars Lcg event but if they have one I will be there.

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

I searched the adepticon event listings and there was nothing for Star Wars. It was all X wing, armada and imperial assault events. Adepticon is a 40k miniatures event so I was expecting a conquest event like last year and I didn't find a conquest event. I would be shocked if we saw a Star Wars Lcg event but if they have one I will be there.

Last year FFG had X-Wing, Conquest, and Imperial assault events at Adepticon. They also demo'd Armada, X-wing, and Conquest.

I was originally going to try to set up a SW LCG tournament there unofficially but I can't make it any more.

It's a pretty small convention board and card game wise but the IA crowd was really fun last year.

Mad props to Marc Cramer (krey) for hosting and organizing SWLCG events at Origins. That had to have played a YUUUUUUUGE role in FFG deciding to run events at Origins. 

The prayers of many have finally been answered. Grats to the ohio crew. Maybe Timothy Zahn will be there again.

Maybe Timothy Zahn will be there again :)

romo

romo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Last year FFG had X-Wing, Conquest, and Imperial assault events at Adepticon. They also demo'd Armada, X-wing, and Conquest.

I was originally going to try to set up a SW LCG tournament there unofficially but I can't make it any more.

It's a pretty small convention board and card game wise but the IA crowd was really fun last year.

The prayers of many have finally been answered. Grats to the ohio crew. Maybe Timothy Zahn will be there again.
Maybe Timothy Zahn will be there again :)

He will almost certainly be there. I talked with him at Origins for the past few years and he autographed cards and our playmats.
  • KennedyHawk likes this

Vorrt

Vorrt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

I hope either SW or Thrones is on a Saturday.  I could come out for one day likely.

• KennedyHawk likes this

Vorrt

Vorrt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

If I can make it out, I do hope Zahn and Stackpole are there (Stackpole is certainly likely).  Want to get Thrawn, Karrde, and Mirax autographed from them.

• KennedyHawk likes this

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

He will almost certainly be there. I talked with him at Origins for the past few years and he autographed cards and our playmats.

I haven't made it out in a few years but last time I was there was right after the Scoundrel's book came out. I got him to sign that and a few cards as I was just putzing with the core set then. He's a pleasure to talk to and an amazing all around guy.

a4rino

a4rino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

I will go to this. And I'll bring my playmat from last year's Origins event, just to show that I am OO. Original Origins.

• America likes this

colsanders

colsanders

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
America still has his deck box with the founding members autographs. Does this make Krey the godfather of Origins?
  • America likes this

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts
I'm just glad someone else signed on the side I did finally. Every time I played him, a box with just my signature was facing me. Kept thinking it was mine.

a4rino

a4rino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

I heard that anyone who brings their cards to this event in a Boushh box gets a first round bye. Can someone confirm?

• colsanders, Vorrt and Letux like this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3903 posts

Man, Boushh boxes are OP.  They need to be added to the restricted list, and probably errata'd too!

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

Man, Boushh boxes are OP.  They need to be added to the restricted list, and probably errata'd too!

Don't worry Tarkin pretty much negates them anyhow.

Toggle

Toggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

I will go to this. And I'll bring my playmat from last year's Origins event, just to show that I am OO. Original Origins.

Pssh. 1313 mat is the real OG.

Krey

Krey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Get excited.  With FFG doing some of the leg work at Origins that frees resources up for other interesting things to help make the weekend a blast.

• KennedyHawk likes this

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

All hail Krey!

SmokeyJ

SmokeyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

I'm think I'm going to try to make it this year.

Didn't America mention in a previous year's Origins thread something about bringing a cooler?

ybr.gif