Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Origins Hosting US Championships in 2016

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3902 posts

For some of us, it will at least only be 3 events/year.  As long as you only play Star Wars or non-Star Wars games it's only 1 Worlds/year after this year.

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2209 posts
Did I just get an email saying this was canceled?

R2Deakin

R2Deakin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Did I just get an email saying this was canceled?

According to the email I got it's just Finals and Cut events that were cancelled since you will need to qualify for those.  They will be issuing generics for any tickets purchased for Finals or Cut events.

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2209 posts
Gotcha. I thought they were cancelled do to attendance issues.

Toggle

Toggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
For some reason, players were able to register (and pay????) for the cuts.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3902 posts

For some reason, players were able to register (and pay????) for the cuts.

Probably set up to hold space, I seem to remember them doing something similar for previous GenCons.  Last I had looked, nobody had actually paid for a spot in the Star Wars top cut, but AGoT and Conquest had a few.  I took that to mean that SWLCG had the smartest player base (well, us and Netrunner I guess).

• Jackofhearts likes this

America

America

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

So, Origins is still ran like it was back in 2000, when I first went as a child. I believe they use the same computers and technological infrastructure.

Wednesday is the first day of what looks to be a pretty big convention. There is a demand on hotels in the area that hasn't been seen in 15+ years during the Origins weekend.  Due to the factors of (1) bigger convention, (2) archaic technology, and (3) Origins disaster factor, I would show up early on Wednesday.

Told you all!
  • Mattropolis likes this

Toggle

Toggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
Windows 10 is real.
  • America likes this

Rio

Rio