Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Subject: Ω-X62113 Deck Thread

• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

Grimbo

Grimbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Might as well start it up...

Grimbo

Grimbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Subject: Ω-X62113

Savage Warrior Prime(?)

Army: 30

Genestealers:

Invasive Genestealer x4

Ymgarl Genestealer x3

Genestealer Prowler x3

Others:

Ripper Swarm x3

Hunter Gargoyles x2

​Toxic Venomthrope x3

Termagant Sentry x3

​Virulent Spore Sacs x3

Tyranid Warrior x2

​Scything Hormagaunts x3

​Striking Ravener x1

Attachments: 7

Lethal Toxin Sacs x1

Promotion x3

Regeneration x3

Events: 11

Gene Implantation x2

Dark Cunning x3

Spore Burst x3

Fall Back x3

Ruined Passages x1

Synaptic link x1

Just a thing I thought of, a little haphazardly. But I'm sure I'll keep like 80% of it with the limited options.

MotoBuzzsawMF

MotoBuzzsawMF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts
In a warlord that relies on infest I am shocked to see you not running predation in the deck.

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1242 posts
How about adding that location that can infect a planet during the HQ phase?

Sokhar

Sokhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
Was there any particular thought process behind some of those decisions, or just tossed something together to start with? Some of it just feels really random.

Assorted thoughts on Omega:
*Omega's ability is only relevant if you're able to infest planets quickly and consistently. Only including the 9 infestation cards that Nids run by default because they're auto-includes doesn't seem sufficient. If you don't have one available or its not triggering when you want, you're playing with a 2/6 blank warlord. That would be very bad. At the least, that makes Predation a x3 in my book, because it increases the efficacy of your infest effects, and it's performed at action speed. For reliability I'm also thinking that x2 Spore Chimney would be a solid investment, though that's more of an experiment, and may not be necessary.
*With synapse, I'm of two minds. On the one hand, with an emphasis on infestation you stand to get a lot of mileage from Blazing Zoanthrope sniping away for 2 damage each turn. Alternately, you choose a synapse based on Omega's ability to snipe. He's an excellent command sniper because his ability operates completely independantly of his presence at a planet. Moreover, with his ability being a lynchpin to the deck, you don't want to risk him in open combat. So if you're going to be sniping, you run the risk of stranding your warlord train at odd planets, unless you want to put Omega in harm's way. Enter the Venomthrope Polluter, who can relocate units that are following in Omega's wake.
*Finally, if you're building your strategy around infestation, why not take advantage of alternate economy? 1 copy each of Digestion Pool and Sacaellum Infestors can provide cards/resources when infesting, and also decrease the cost of ambushing units. Having this alternate economy, a synapse with a command icon, and a warlord inclined to warlord sniping, should mitigate Nids' limited command options, and the threat of infestation/ambushing constrains your opponent's options as well.
  • Grimbo and DavidDisab like this

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1242 posts
I think adding Biomass as an alternate economy can also help Subject Omega.

Ultramarine

Ultramarine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
With Omega I may try to go completely alternative Economy route, forsaking command and just use infestation in conjunction with Sacaellum Infestors and Digestion Pool to create a scenario where I couldn't care less how many hammers I got on the board. Sure I will still use units to win some planets or to deny my opponent's resources but I think it's time for Nids to move away from traditional way of generating cards and resources and do it their own way.

May require heavy dose of Supports like Synaptic Link, Spore chimney, and the aforementioned supports along with 3 Predation to make it work. I am excited about the possibility and I hope it works as well as I think.
  • Hakkor and IronJackal like this

Grimbo

Grimbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

A little haphazard and a little all over the place, I agree. But not completely off the cuff. My thoughts:

1. Chose the 10 genestealers, cause that's all we have.

2. I usually like 4-6 Elites in Tyranid, thus the 3 Ymgarl and the 1 Ravener

3. Predation looks like a terrible card, but I've never used it. I could be way off.

4. Spore Sacs, Venomthrope, and Hormagaunts are 9 cards that infest. I have not thought it through, but I thought that would be enough.

5. SWP is subpar nowadays, but I like to activate planet abilities. Usually after actual play, I adjust and often change Synapse, but yea SWP is my default starter.

6. In my opinion all the units make sense, except the Warrior. The 3 cost spot is not one I like for this faction. Pyrovore probably better.

7. Spore burst there for 2 shields. Occasional funnies I guess.

8. The Supports situation is a mess, that is for sure. Probably bump it from 2 to 6ish, and cut into the unit total. I will look into some of the suggestions above. :)

Thanks all!

xRAVEx

xRAVEx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Here is my decklist for Omega

Attachment (4)
Synapse (1)

• DLord likes this

Hakkor

Hakkor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

With the heavy reliance on infesting I'd even consdier pumping the Digestion Pool and Sacaelum Infestor to 2x each. You really need them, and will give some stability against all the upcoming support hate. 3x seem too much, but testing is needed.

If we also add a couple of copies of Biomass, we effectively can focus on resource bonuses and sacrifice resources, thanks to the improved economy.

Do you think that further adding Synaptic Links would be having too many supports? Y now the general answer is yes, with so many people hating support and keeping their umber low. But for the rest of people who can really see how fantastic supports are, I'd be ineterested in your opinión.

palpster

palpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Do you think that further adding Synaptic Links would be having too many supports? Y now the general answer is yes, with so many people hating support and keeping their umber low. But for the rest of people who can really see how fantastic supports are, I'd be ineterested in your opinión.

I have tested with Synaptic Links and found them lacking. For one, the cost is too high, especially since you only start with 6 resources. If the planet flop shows an early possible win, you most likely cant afford to play them and they become a dead card (in a 6 card starter hand, thats bad). The other thing is that if you get one by turn 3, is it still worth playing? How many more uses will you get out of it and can you manage the 2 resource setback?

Digestion Pool is probably good in Omega as a 1 or 2 of. Sacaellum Infestors....again, the cost is quite high. Another downside is that you want to infest the 2R or 2C planets, but can usually only do so once and it's very well possible that these aren't the planets you need infested for Omega's ability. Unconvinced as of yet, but will test them. Take them over Synaptic Link anytime.

palpster

palpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
One other thing about Omega. His ability is also something of a trap. You don't have to ambush the genestealers. Sometimes you just want to win command and simply deploying his signature unit at a planet opposite a Biel Tan Guardian, Incubus Warrior, Recon Dron, Void Pirate or Rogue Trader is far more valuable than ambushing them into a battle.
  • Grimbo and Skemes like this

Sokhar

Sokhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
Digestion Pool is more reliable, is an automatic x1 in Omega, possibly more. Infestors has the advantage of being both non-limited economy, as well as being able to provide cards OR resources. Only Homing Beacon does the latter, and its both limited and rarely sees play. Right now I'd run one of each, and could consider a 2nd pool at the expense of a Promtion. Running 7-8 limited cards in 50 inches towards an ugly proposition.

Can't wait for pack 6, those Genestealer Harvesters are really going to make Omega hum.
  • Grimbo likes this

Grimbo

Grimbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
Yea the harvester is awesome. Haven't seen any nid card from the 5th pack. Hopefully a killer action and another guy?

Sokhar

Sokhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
A 2-shield card and a cheap army unit with a command icon would be my hope.

Grimbo

Grimbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
Thoughts on Predation? Auto include? Terrible?

I would think that this is just a deck/warlord that happens to ambush here and there, NOT an all encompassing "ambush deck".

palpster

palpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
I don't like Predation, but if there is one Warlord it deserves testing in it's Subject Omega. Agreed on what the deck does though. Going all in on infestation cards probably weakens the overall deck.

Sokhar

Sokhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
I think Predation is absolutely essential for Omega. You don't have to use ambush for every unit in your deck, but you have to be able to provide the THREAT of ambush, to leverage your warlord's ability. Other infestation sources are useful, but restricted in their timing. They can allow your opponent to feel safe, and mighht not be available when you need them. Whether you want to use Digestion Pool yo drop a unit for less, desperately need cards from Infestors, or want to drop a Ymgarl to bloody tthe opposing warlord, Predation has your back, and does it for 0 resources at any phase action speed.

Worst case its just a shield, but I doubt it will be unless you're infesting the whole board at will anyway. But in most cases its a very versatile card that will underpin pretty much everything Omega wants to do. For other nid warlords its bad, but its abaolutely a x3 autoinclude if I'm running Omega.

When I get home later I guess I'll put my money where my mouth is and post a deck list so I'm not just disagreeing with people.

palpster

palpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
"Subject: Ω-X62113"

Army (30)
3x Genestealer Prowler (Deadly Salvage)
4x Invasive Genestealers (What Lurks Below)
3x Ripper Swarm (The Great Devourer)
3x Scything Hormagaunts (The Great Devourer)
3x Termagant Sentry (The Great Devourer)
3x Toxic Venomthrope (The Great Devourer)
2x Tyranid Warrior (The Great Devourer)
3x Virulent Spore Sacs (The Great Devourer)
3x Volatile Pyrovore (The Great Devourer)
3x Ymgarl Genestealer (The Great Devourer)
Attachment (6)
1x Lethal Toxin Sacs (What Lurks Below)
2x Promotion (Core Set)
3x Regeneration (The Great Devourer)
Event (11)
1x Biomass Sacrifice (Deadly Salvage)
2x Dark Cunning (The Great Devourer)
2x Gene Implantation (What Lurks Below)
3x No Mercy (Core Set)
3x Spore Burst (The Great Devourer)
Support (3)
2x Digestion Pool (The Great Devourer)
1x Ruined Passages (What Lurks Below)
Synapse (1)
1x Venomthrope Polluter (The Great Devourer)

This is what I will try at first. Will see how infestation goes and add/test Predation if I feel it is needed.

Not sure about Venomthrope Polluter. Will also test Lictor and Zoanthrope

xRAVEx

xRAVEx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

I'm curious about Regeneration.

I know it's one of the best attaches in the game, but what are the the targets? 

If we suppose, that both sig unit and Ymgarl are to ambush, then there is no way you attach Regeneration to them.

Pyrovores must explode, so again not the best target.

So what do we have? Tyranid Warriors for ATK 2?

That's why I didn't include Regeneration in my decklist, while I know, that it's excellent.