Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anyone else think non-Army Deadly affecting an Army is silly?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

zaspacer

zaspacer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Anyone else think Deadly affecting an Army is silly?

I just don't see a solo character with Deadly really being so lethal to an entire Army. If it's an Army with Deadly, then I can buy it.

It seems to me it should be that Deadly on a non-Army(/Dragon) character can't affect Army Characters, and also Army cannot be declared as Deadly casualty from a non-Army(/Dragon) Deadly blocked attack.

ktom

ktom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1463 posts

So... a single guy can't poison a water supply or burn the food stores, causing the Army to disband? Or a single guy can't, in the spirit of dragonslayer tradition everywhere, stab a dragon in just the right place?

All that said, the rules start getting really confusing, really fast if you create specific exceptions to them based on trait, especially since the only real benefit of doing so it to appease thematic sensibility created by the source material, rather than the rules themselves.

• keekohmygod and zaspacer like this

zaspacer

zaspacer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

So... a single guy can't poison a water supply or burn the food stores, causing the Army to disband? Or a single guy can't, in the spirit of dragonslayer tradition everywhere, stab a dragon in just the right place?

All that said, the rules start getting really confusing, really fast if you create specific exceptions to them based on trait, especially since the only real benefit of doing so it to appease thematic sensibility created by the source material, rather than the rules themselves.

I can appreciate limiting confusion in gameplay. And yes, my preference is pushing confusion for theme, as opposed to pushing confusion for supporting mechanic permutations in the official rules. I'm not advocating for an Army/Deadly change in the rules, I don't in any way want to impact the official gameplay, I'm just testing the waters on what works for people on thematic play.

I really dig GoT:LCG in many ways. But making "Spike" decks or (in the case of designers) Spike gameplay that optimize results and ditches the rich theme is not one of the things I dig (I prefer Magic for that). I've been pouring time into an alternate format for GoT:LCG (based on balance, theme, and general audience "fun"). And for that (and it's core Gameplay), GoT:LCG is a gold mine for me.