Migrating my thread here on the recommendation of dbmeboy as he says there is more activity here than on the official FFG forums...
As he's already answered the first set of questions, I'll simply skip over to the latest set:
A few more questions:
9. A unit with 2 unit damage and 2 blast damage attacks and two of the other player's unit defends. The attacker wins the edge battle and focuses his unit to strike. His 2 unit damage is not enough to kill his target defender. Does the blast damage still hit the objective? Basically, do blast damage always hit (unless the unit is killed or exhausted before it can attack)?
10. As follow up to #9, is there any way to avoid/mitigate blast damage besides shielding?
11. Is it possible to "skip" reactions? For example, the objective cards Fall of the Jedi or Defense Protocol. Can I choose not to put 1 card to the bottom of my deck? Can I choose NOT to reduce my reserve value? Other cards have Reactions as well such as Superlaser Engineer, Backstabber, and Devastator that I might not want to use their Reaction ability.
12. There are some cards that have no unit damage/blast/tactics icons such as the Superlaser Engineer. However, as per shielding rules, he needs to be declared as attacker or defender for him to be able to put a shield token to a unit or objective. Assuming he does not die during the engagement, does he still have to be "focused to strike" seeing as he cannot really strike anything?
13. Can "Back"stabber be a "Front"stabber if I were to use it's ability when attacking? Basically, I declare attackers, then use Backstabber's Action to play it from my hand into the engagement... does it automatically deal 1 damage to the engaged objective? It kinda goes against the "Back" bit of Backstabber...
14. Is there any site that shows all the expansions and the objective sets and specifically the cards themselves that come with each objective set? I'm trying to be a little picky when buying expansions and direct my purchases to how we plan to expand our decks. (I realize that this might be the site, but still trying to find the info I need)
Thanks in advance for any help!