Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stark Fealty: Eddard/Blackfish/Robb Rush

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts

I ran the following at our Game Night kit, and left a believer. Stark can do crazy things now.

Plot (7)
1x  A Time For Wolves (usually grabbing Summer or Nymeria)
1x  Summons

Character (37)
2x  Arya Stark (Core)
2x  Catelyn Stark (Core)
3x  Eddard Stark (WotN)
2x  Grey Wind
1x  Hodor
1x  Jon Snow (WotN)
1x  Osha
2x  Riverrun Minstrel (intrigue icon, survives first snow, powers Blackfish sooner)
3x  Robb Stark (Core)
1x  Sansa Stark (WotN)
1x  Shaggydog
1x  Summer

Attachment (8)
2x  Bodyguard
1x  Lady
1x  Nymeria
2x  Seal of the Hand (best on Eddard, but good on Robb, Catelyn, or Blackfish too)

Location (12)
1x  Street of the Sisters (a little extra speed to close)
1x  Winterfell (I'm debating between Winterfell or Winterfell Castle. The buffs are solid against Targ)
 Event (3)
1x  Arya's Gift (move Seal onto Eddard from a placeholder, same with Bodyguard, move away Milks, etc)
2x  The Pack Survives (so good. I want a third copy)

• Solaris likes this

xchan

xchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

I'm currently building a deck with Blackfish in mind although I want to use Tyrell as a banner for the Lady Sansa's Rose (it's on the Stark topic). I like your plot choices, but how do you feel about them? I feel like Blackfish builds want to go first to be able to attack multiple times and then kneel to defend, so were you able to control the initiative to get first player enough?

Also are little birds as needed now that Starks have access to more INT icons and Catelyn should be able to participate in all INT attacks to prevent Tears?

How do Robb and Grey Wind perform in such a deck? Are they key to Blackfish getting the 4 required powers? Is that even your goal with the deck or any character getting Eddard's power could be enough? The deck seems to be centered in power rush, so would Supperior Claim find a spot or two?

What did A Pack Survives usually cancel? Was Wildling Scout there for the INT icon or for the stealth. If the later, who did you give the stealth to?

Thanks!

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1242 posts

Looks great. I'm currently debating whether to build a Blackfish deck with Stark Fealty or Stark/Rose LSR deck. As a Stark enthusiast, I'm very happy to see so many options opening up thanks to the release of WotN. 

Alexfrog

Alexfrog

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 480 posts

The Eddard/Robb/Blackfish trio of 6 costers in indeed great and is the core of a Stark deck imo.  Two of them can be played with fealty and thus played on a 5 gold plot. 

Combined with a way to sacrifice a character, they all can attack in both military and then power for a TON of Renown gain.

It gives the Starks a better lategame plan so they arent just all about early killing blowouts. 

I'm trying to trim a deck down to 60, its really hard.  I dont want to lose the PTTS, Ice, and Winter is Coming because they are so strong.  I like having decks with at least two plans, or even three plans.

My three plans are:

1) Early kill.

2) Direwolf tricksiness

3) Renown rush with Robb/Eddard/Blackfish and standing them. 

https://thronesdb.com/deck/view/77725

This is just my initial thrown together list, I havent had a chance to play it yet.

PatrickHaynes

PatrickHaynes

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 331 posts

I've been toying with this two, although mine plays the new catelyn. I think her power gain really's helps your acceleration and gives you some stopping power on intrigue. I went with Syrio over wildling scout but I might change that if I have too much trouble paying for him.

https://thronesdb.com/deck/view/78118

Stark Tully

House Stark
Fealty

Packs: From Core Set (3) to No Middle Ground

Plots
1x A Noble Cause (Core Set)
1x Calling the Banners (Core Set)
1x Confiscation (Core Set)
1x Summons (Core Set)
1x Wildfire Assault (Core Set)
1x Trading with the Pentoshi (The Road to Winterfell)
1x Wardens of the North (No Middle Ground)

Characters
1x Arya Stark (Core Set)
2x Bran Stark (Core Set)
2x Robb Stark (Core Set)
1x Summer (Core Set)
3x Tumblestone Knight (Core Set)
3x Winterfell Steward (Core Set)
1x Maester Luwin (Taking the Black)
2x Syrio Forel (The Road to Winterfell)
1x Hodor (No Middle Ground)
3x Catelyn Stark (Wolves of the North)
3x Eddard Stark (Wolves of the North)
3x The Blackfish (Wolves of the North)
2x Jon Snow (Wolves of the North)
2x Jory Cassel (Wolves of the North)
2x Riverrun Minstrel (Wolves of the North)
1x Osha (Wolves of the North)
1x Sansa Stark (Wolves of the North)
1x Shaggydog (Wolves of the North)
2x House Tully Septon (Wolves of the North)
2x Rickon Stark (Wolves of the North)

Locations
3x The Kingsroad (Core Set)
3x The Roseroad (Core Set)
2x Gates of Winterfell (Core Set)
3x Heart Tree Grove (Core Set)
1x Winterfell (Wolves of the North)

Attachments
2x Seal of the Hand (Core Set)
2x Bodyguard (Core Set)
1x Little Bird (Core Set)
1x Lady (Taking the Black)
1x Nymeria (Wolves of the North)

Event
3x Winter Is Coming (Core Set)

OKTarg

OKTarg

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1756 posts
I feel like Nymeria on Catelyn will be fantastical, especially with Jon Snow in play to get two intimidate triggers from her.

14Shirt

14Shirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

I agree that those three in your title are the centerpiece of a strong Stark Fealty deck. I'm seeing it built slightly different ways, but it can be a powerhouse I'm sure.

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1242 posts
I also think these three are powerful, but the cost curve does worry me somewhat. I have a Stark Rose LSR deck that I'm testing now, but I may change it to a Fealty deck later to test your deck out.

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts
Fealty helps tremendously. I use it about 9 turns out of 10. Haven't had economy problems yet in my first seven or so games.
  • Alexfrog likes this

MagnusLothar

MagnusLothar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I'd say the most streamlined way to play Stark would be rush complemented by heavy aggro. But if you're more into combo-heavy play, focus on the direwolves and sacrifice effects.

Trying to do everything that Stark currently offers in a single deck is asking for trouble.

For me, Robb + new Eddard + Blackfish all x3 then build everything else around them. Economy-wise, this shouldn't be an issue - if Targ/Lion can run 3x Danni, Drogo and Jaime then Stark can run this trio.
  • Jaquen and Alexfrog like this

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts
I agree 100%.

Radix

Radix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

There is definitely potential for Banner of the Rose, but it feels too top heavy. I don't think it is quite time to activate Blackfish in one challenge. I agree the Fealty makes it much more consistent.

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1242 posts

There is definitely potential for Banner of the Rose, but it feels too top heavy. I don't think it is quite time to activate Blackfish in one challenge. I agree the Fealty makes it much more consistent.

I tried a banner of the Rose with Blackfish and LSR, but I didn't like it and changed it to a Fealty deck instead. It works much better now, although without LSR Blackfish can't get powers as quickly.

Alexfrog

Alexfrog

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 480 posts

For me, Robb + new Eddard + Blackfish all x3 then build everything else around them. Economy-wise, this shouldn't be an issue - if Targ/Lion can run 3x Danni, Drogo and Jaime then Stark can run this trio.

I agree.  These are your strongest characters, and you should play them in 3x. 

I really like the direwolf tricks as a way to fill out the deck.

jeepers

jeepers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Maybe better players than me will play around this, but I've had my day ruined by Gregor Clegane (as I'm sure we all have at some point) pillaging one 6 drop to kill another on board. Having all my high impact characters at 6 gold (plus maybe a Hot Rod or a Randyll if you're bannering) in a Lannister heavy meta makes me lose sleep. Bannering to Tyrell means Arya, Sansa, and Marge are all vulnerable at 3 cost. 3x bodyguard seems justifiable in a renown build, anything else to keep the Mountain in check?

Solaris

Solaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1242 posts

Maybe better players than me will play around this, but I've had my day ruined by Gregor Clegane (as I'm sure we all have at some point) pillaging one 6 drop to kill another on board. Having all my high impact characters at 6 gold (plus maybe a Hot Rod or a Randyll if you're bannering) in a Lannister heavy meta makes me lose sleep. Bannering to Tyrell means Arya, Sansa, and Marge are all vulnerable at 3 cost. 3x bodyguard seems justifiable in a renown build, anything else to keep the Mountain in check?

Arya + Ice to kill The Mountain?

Alexfrog

Alexfrog

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 480 posts

The mountain is a problem, no matter what your curve looks like.

"I see a mountain in my way
It's looming larger by the day
I see a darkness in my fate..."

• MagnusLothar likes this

JoshTheStampede

JoshTheStampede

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I generally see people taking either Core Cat or New Cat. But I think there's an argument for trying both - probably 2 of Core and 1 of Cat7. If you get Cat7 out early she can be a monster and you can still dupe her with the others. If you don't, Cat4 is very useful as we all know, and later on if you want you can sacrifice her to any of the half dozen sac effects and play the new one - Fallen From Favor is a good self-contained way to do that even. Particularly if by then you have other cancels online or Winterfell out. 

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts
I prefer the names Cat of Tarth and Fat Cat for the 2 Cats myself.

Btw, if we get a Cat that is better in iffy weather we need to call it Thundercat!

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts

I generally see people taking either Core Cat or New Cat. But I think there's an argument for trying both - probably 2 of Core and 1 of Cat7. If you get Cat7 out early she can be a monster and you can still dupe her with the others. If you don't, Cat4 is very useful as we all know, and later on if you want you can sacrifice her to any of the half dozen sac effects and play the new one - Fallen From Favor is a good self-contained way to do that even. Particularly if by then you have other cancels online or Winterfell out. 

Interesting idea. If you try it, let us know!