Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nahumekh Deck Thread

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Technogashi

Technogashi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
There are still several previews we need to see, but I figure deck talj can get started now. Here's my first list that I built:

Nahumekh

Destroyer Cultist x4
Hate x2
Obedience x1
Staff of Command x1

Mandragoran Immortals x3
Immortal Vanguard x3
Reanimating Warriors x3
Rogue Trader x3
Tactical Squad Cardinis x2
Blood Angels Veterans x2
Snakebite Thug x2
Goff Boyz x2
Ratling Deadeye x2
Standard Bearer x2

Reanimation Protocols x3
Extermination x2

Gauss Flayer x3
Mind Shackle Scarab x3
Promotion x2

Sautekh Complex x3
Particle Whip x2
  • MotoBuzzsawMF likes this

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
It's kind of hard to deckbuild when we don't know the faction cards.
  • Kingsley and Atrus like this

GKZhukov

GKZhukov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1055 posts

It's kind of hard to deckbuild when we don't know the faction cards.

Or whether the Enslave Dial counts for only deploy, or all plays, which is kind of important for this particular warlord (though I expect it must be all plays, else it might get out of control quickly, as well as push a narrower competitive shape).

estyles

estyles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Or whether the Enslave Dial counts for only deploy, or all plays, which is kind of important for this particular warlord (though I expect it must be all plays, else it might get out of control quickly, as well as push a narrower competitive shape).

There really aren't that many ways to put units into play aside from deploying them.  And a few of those are loyal.  Personally, I think it will only restrict deploys, but that's nothing more than a guess.  The wording in the preview is absolutely inconclusive - definitely could go either way.  But I don't think that the ability to drop in EAT's and Wraithguard Revenants would be that big of a deal.  Will definitely make a difference for Nahumekh's deck shape.

Liyan

Liyan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
ECT to dig the sig attachment?

Technogashi

Technogashi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
I was planning on finding room for them.

Stefan2581

Stefan2581

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Also neutrals are no faction to be enslaved

Grimbo

Grimbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
So Nahumekh's ability.

The target must be at his planet. But there is a period there for the last part. Non necron factions you control at this planet or just that you control in general?

palpster

palpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
That you control in general, only the target unit has to be at this planet.
  • Grimbo likes this

farntong

farntong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Pretty sure I remember reading the article saying it's all plays, though maybe it was vague/inaccurate...

Would be nice if it was deploy only though.

Technogashi

Technogashi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Here's the current variant I've been tinkering with. Main focus is Warriors and Scouts.

Nahumekh

Destroyer Cultist x4
Hate x2
Obedience x1
Staff of Command x1

Mandragoran Immortals x3
Immortal Vanguard x3
Tomb Blade Squadron x3
Rogue Trader x3
Stalwart Ogryn x2
Ratling Deadeye x2
Snakebite Thug x2
Goff Boyz x2
Vior'la Marksman x2
Vash'ya Trailblazer x2
Doomsday Arc x2

Reanimation Protocols x3

Gauss Flayer x3
Mind Shackle Scarab x3
Royal Phylactary x2
Promotion x3

Sautekh Complex x2

Ultramarine

Ultramarine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Can Necrons play with neutral units and events?  I thought you can only deploy non-Necron units that you set on the enslave dial.  That'd make Necrons a bit too powerful don't you think?  I think Necrons shouldn't have access to neutral units at least if Tyranids also can't.  

TonyH122

TonyH122

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Can Necrons play with neutral units and events?  I thought you can only deploy non-Necron units that you set on the enslave dial.  That'd make Necrons a bit too powerful don't you think?  I think Necrons shouldn't have access to neutral units at least if Tyranids also can't.  

I believe that the restrictions re: the dials are for 'factions', and neutrals are non-faction cards. Given this, you can play both neutral armies and factions, and regardless of the enslavement dial. The armies, however, don't count towards Nahumekh's abilities, because these refer to non-Necron faction armies (which, again, don't include neutral armies). 

Just tangentially, of the two Cheesycron warlords, I must admit that this guy attracts me the most from a gameplay and fluff perspective - despite the fact that he has got the initial reputation of being the weaker of the two. The problem is that his mechanics interact with the cardpool in the opposite way from the Tyranids. Thanks to Gorzod's unique ally requirements, I've managed to finagle constructing five fully-loaded decks, which I'm very happy with. However, Nahumekh eats into the cardpool in such a way that he would necessitate having relegating one if not two of my other decks to 'card sharing' status, which although isn't the biggest issue, doesn't thrill me. Anrakyr, by contrast, it looks like I can just add to the roster without such heartache, and bring my fully loaded deck count up to six.

Just something to think about while all the cards are yet to be spoiled, and their in-game strengths and weaknesses are yet to be determined.

Ultramarine

Ultramarine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Initially I was most excited about Nahumekh because he can tap into the best common units from each faction on the wheel, however I think Anrakyr is the most flavorful of the 3 Necrons WL by utilizing the "rise from the dead" aspect of the Necrons.  Ultimately I will give both a try though.  

• Hayati likes this

Grimbo

Grimbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
So what's the thought out there of number of non-necron units for deck construction?

I was think maybe 15? 3 factions x5 each?

Early thoughts were:

Blood Angels x3
Tac squad x2

Snakebite thug x3
Evil sunz x2

Shrine guard x2
Sanctioned Psyker x3

Too much? This would leave room for about 13-15 necron units.

This guy seems like a nightmare to mulligan just right.

Technogashi

Technogashi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
I think it depends on the style of your deck. You want Scouts for your Tomb Scythes or Soldiers for your Mandragoran Immortals.

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

I'd try 12~ units divided amongst two factions to avoid consistency issues.

Then modify given testing results, or perhaps play 3 factions right away if one is Tau for ECT. You'll want The Staff of Command ASAP in such a deck.

Grimbo

Grimbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Sound advice.

I'll probably launch this guy with 13 non-necrons then:

ECT x3

Borkan recruits x2

Blood Angel Vets x2

Tac Squad Cardinis x2

Shrine Guard x2

Standard Bearer x2

Should be fun. I'll start reporting games next week after my regional.

• SlaaneshDevotee likes this

SyntaxLost

SyntaxLost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

You may want to run allies with common top tier decks (SM, DE, Eldar and AM) to maximise utility out of Hate. Card seems totally decent and it would be good to have some draws that aren't dead when dialing enslavement to your opponent's faction.

Edit: Oh and Mind Shackle Scarab should be grouped with Hate. Stealing your opponent's stuff is usually really good.

• SlaaneshDevotee likes this

MadMagician

MadMagician

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

So it looks like Staff of Command is the only way to change the Enslavement Dial and there is not a way around the Enslavement dial. You're not allowed to have a unit that doesn't match your Enslavement Dial enter play under your control under any circumstances. With this sad news my initial inclination is that Nahumekh will not be very good, but I'm still going to give him a shot. My first test is taking ranged units. The list is as follows:

Total 50

Warlord

Nahumekh

Units

Dark Eldar

Sybarite Marksman x3

Baleful Mandrake x3

Tau

Earth Caste Technician x3
Vior'la Marksman x3

Stingwing Swarm x3

Astra Militarum

Ratling Deadeye x3

Standard Bearer x3

Sacaellum Shrine Guard x3

Eldar

Warlock Destructor x3

Altansar Rangers x3

Necron

Mandragoran Immortals x3

Destroyer Cultist x4

Neutral

Void Pirate x3

Rogue Trader x3

Attachment

Staff of Command x1

Event

Hate x2

Drudgery x3

Support

Obedience x1

I'm not very impressed with most of the Necron non-unit cards. I feel like Drudgery is the only one that fits really well here. I feel like both of the current Necron Warlords benefit from building really unit heavy; For Nahumekh it should increase my chances of having multiple units of the same faction in my hand. Ranged focus probably isn't as good as taking good value units i.e. Snakebite Thug, Warlock Destructor, warlord groupies etc... but I've always like the idea of ranged and wanted to give it a shot.

Discuss!