Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ward: changing possession and blanking

- - - - -

Best Answer Khudzlin , 15 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

1) If there are multiple "take control" effects active on the same card, the most recent takes precedence. In your example, that would be Bronn's ability.

2) If Ward's text was blanked, its "take control" effect would cease to be active, so the most recent active one would apply (if none is active, the owner gets control by default). If the effect blanking Ward's text ceased, then Ward's "take control" effect would once again become active (and that would reset its starting point).

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

FedericoFasullo

FedericoFasullo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1056 posts
Ward
Stark Attachment, 4 Gold, Non-Loyal
Condition.
Character with printed cost 4 or lower only. Terminal.
Take control of attached character.
Attached character gains the Stark affiliation.

So two question:

- How does it interact with Bronn? Can I get my Bronn back if I pay 1 gold? (which makes very stupid using Ward on Bronn)
- Let's say Ward gets blanked (no cards ATM that can do that, but in the last edition there were), what will happen in this edition?

Khudzlin

Khudzlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1035 posts
✓  Best Answer

1) If there are multiple "take control" effects active on the same card, the most recent takes precedence. In your example, that would be Bronn's ability.

2) If Ward's text was blanked, its "take control" effect would cease to be active, so the most recent active one would apply (if none is active, the owner gets control by default). If the effect blanking Ward's text ceased, then Ward's "take control" effect would once again become active (and that would reset its starting point).

FedericoFasullo

FedericoFasullo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Ok for the first (which seems very clear).

For the second point.

But IIRC in the last edition if you blanked Enslaved the enslaved character would go back to the owner and when blanking ceased it would stay back in the owner's field. Is this thing changed? Am I remembering wrong?

Khudzlin

Khudzlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

I think you're remembering wrong (or you played it wrong). If the blanking ceased, the control reasserted itself. Note that in the case of multiple control effects, it won't necessarily go back to the owner, or even the previous controller.

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1412 posts

What if I take control of my opponent's Bronn and Milk him - will he go back under my opponent's control?

And if the Milk is confiscated - will he go back to me?

FedericoFasullo

FedericoFasullo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

I think you're remembering wrong (or you played it wrong). If the blanking ceased, the control reasserted itself. Note that in the case of multiple control effects, it won't necessarily go back to the owner, or even the previous controller.

I've checked on AGOTCARDS (le sigh) I remembered it wrong. Thanks Khudz

I've never been good in control and owning and stuff. The question of mplain is also an enigma for me xD

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1412 posts

The question of mplain is also an enigma for me xD

Nah, istaril already answered that one in another thread. "Take control" effects generated by triggered abilities (as is the case with Take the Black, Bronn, and Dagmer Cleftjaw) last indefinitely (unless speficied otherwise) and independently of thier source. Ward is different because its ability is constant, not triggered.

BaraBob

BaraBob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

- Let's say Ward gets blanked (no cards ATM that can do that, but in the last edition there were), what will happen in this edition?

Now that we have Brother's Robes this is finally an option.