Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anrakyr the Traveler Deck Thread

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

Technogashi

Technogashi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
UNDEAD!

Anrakyr the Traveler

Pyrrhian Eternals x5
Awake the Sleepers x1
Pyrrhian Warscythe x1
Slumbering Tomb x1

Mandragoran Immortals x3
Reanimating Warriors x3
Canoptek Scarab Swarm x3
Decaying Warrior Squad x3
Deathmark Assassins x3
Earth Caste Technician x3
Rogue Trader x3
Harbinger of Eternity x2
Inquisitor Caius Wroth x1

Reanimation Protocol x3
Recycle x3
Extermination x1

Gauss Flayer x3
Resurrection Orb x2
Mind Shackle Scarab x2
Promotion x3

Particle Whip x1

someguy11

someguy11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
It is going to take me a while to wrap my head around the necrons. Going to wait for the box to see what else we get.
  • VonWibble likes this

palpster

palpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
Same here, don't know enough yet

Technogashi

Technogashi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Here's my current version of the build. Feels like the pieces are really starting to come together.

Anrakyr the Traveler

Pyrrhian Eternals x5
Awake the Sleepers x1
Pyrrhian Warscythe x1
Slumbering Tomb x1

Mandragoran Immortals x3
Reanimating Warriors x3
Flayed Ones Pack x3
Deathmark Assassins x3
Sacaellum Shrine Guard x3
Rogue Trader x3
Decaying Warrior Squad x2
Harbinger of Eternity x2
Iron Guard Recruits x2

Reanimation Protocol x3
Recycle x3

Gauss Flayer x3
Mind Shackle Scarab x3
Royal Phylactary x3
Promotion x3

SyntaxLost

SyntaxLost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

I'm drawn strongly to the idea of recurring Destructors. If you're able to draw one, you can recur it endlessly to planet 1 with Anrakyr's ability and just declining to pay the upkeep. Add some Complexes and it has the makings of being a very scary combo.

palpster

palpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

I'm drawn strongly to the idea of recurring Destructors. If you're able to draw one, you can recur it endlessly to planet 1 with Anrakyr's ability and just declining to pay the upkeep. Add some Complexes and it has the makings of being a very scary combo.

Only if no other units get killed or discarded after it ends up in the discard pile. I'm sure you can work to get it back once, maaaybe twice, but recurring endlessly is extremely unlikely.

SyntaxLost

SyntaxLost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Only if no other units get killed or discarded after it ends up in the discard pile. I'm sure you can work to get it back once, maaaybe twice, but recurring endlessly is extremely unlikely.

Given how tough a Destructor is; the fact that there's only a very narrow window between the beginning of deployment and your first action, or no window whatsoever; have additional draw power, so you can always just find another after the first is taken care of; and have access to discard pile manipulation when everything else fails, I reckon any disruption is going to be very costly for the opponent.

EDIT: Or at least that's how it seems in my head. Perhaps, I'm completely mistaken, but the timing and relative strength of the unit make it look difficult to disrupt.

thevlert

thevlert

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Actually if you are running Particle whip it becomes relatively easy to make sure that a Destructor is the top unit in your graveyard every single Deploy phase after he is out. If he is alive and not where you want him, don't pay. If he is dead use Particle Whip during HQ to make him your top unit, by shuffling anyone above him into your deck. If he is alive and where you want him.. do nothing.

• Hayati likes this

GlaiveGuy

GlaiveGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
It's also been observed that you can have a near limitless supply of free mystic wardens providing nothing dies on top of them.

HidaHonk

HidaHonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
I like it. I am olaying a similar Version with more tau (trailblaizers) for command. I think about including destructors and the New eldar 1 for 1. What are the flayed one packs? Cannot find them online.

Technogashi

Technogashi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Flayed Ones Pack

Cost: 2
Command: 1
STR: 3
HP: 2
Trait: Warrior
Forced Reaction: After this unit is declared as an attacker, discard the top 3 cards of your deck.

SyntaxLost

SyntaxLost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Reanimation Whipping Machine

1x Mystic Warden (maybe 2x)

3x Necron 1-for-1 (assuming one exists)

3x Rogue Trader

5x Pyrrhian Eternals

3x Flayed Ones Pack

3x Warlock Destructor

1x Tactical Squad Cardinis

1x Coliseum Fighters (assuming no Necron event recursion outside Harbinger)

2x Decaying Warrior Squad

1x Imperial Fists Devastators

2x Harbinger of Eternity

1x Pyrrhian Warscythe

3x Promotion (no clue if this is even needed)

3x Resurrection Orb/Phylactery

1x Awake the Sleepers

1x Backlash

3x Recycle

6x Best Necron events and/or Phylactery/Orb

1x Slumbering Tomb

3x Sautekh Complex

3x Particle Whip

Technogashi

Technogashi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Almost all of the Necron cards have been previewed at this point, and I really think Anrakyr will be my frontrunner. Here's what I'm toying with right now.

Anrakyr the Traveler

Pyrrhian Eternals x5
Awake the Sleepers x1
Pyrrhian Warscythe x1
Slumbering Tomb x1

Mandragoran Immortals x3
Reanimating Warriors x3
Flayed Ones Pack x3
Deathmark Assassins x3
Rogue Trader x3
Harbinger of Eternity x2
Praetorian Ancient x2

Reanimation Protocol x3
Recycle x3
Mechanical Enhancement x3

Gauss Flayer x3
Mind Shackle Scarab x3
Promotion x3

Technogashi

Technogashi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
I think one of the hardest aspects of Anrakyr is having just enough self-mill in your deck. Too much can clog up your discard of units you want to buy. I had a game today where I played Awake the Sleepers with only one card left in my deck.

SyntaxLost

SyntaxLost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Recycle and Flayed Ones are good cards. Weight of Aeons is a little slow and I'm not sure it's worth running. It also confers no bonus aside from putting cards in discard whereas Recycle and Flayed Ones have additional benefits.

tacullu

tacullu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Almost all of the Necron cards have been previewed at this point, and I really think Anrakyr will be my frontrunner. Here's what I'm toying with right now.

Anrakyr the Traveler

Pyrrhian Eternals x5
Awake the Sleepers x1
Pyrrhian Warscythe x1
Slumbering Tomb x1

Mandragoran Immortals x3
Reanimating Warriors x3
Flayed Ones Pack x3
Deathmark Assassins x3
Rogue Trader x3
Harbinger of Eternity x2
Praetorian Ancient x2

Reanimation Protocol x3
Recycle x3
Mechanical Enhancement x3

Gauss Flayer x3
Mind Shackle Scarab x3
Promotion x3

How's that 3 Mindshackles doing? Too pricey? Also, no cheap two-hammers?

I might try Tomb Blade Squadrons with him, and ignore the other two-hammer dudes.

IronJackal

IronJackal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Flayed ones are very good but aeons also opens up your opponents deck and can remove key cards from his hand. He can't recur quite like you can.
I think I'll include particle whip as another way of getting events back into the deck from the discard pile

Skindog

Skindog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
Particle whip can only put units back in the deck.

IronJackal

IronJackal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Doh!!

SyntaxLost

SyntaxLost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Flayed ones are very good but aeons also opens up your opponents deck and can remove key cards from his hand. He can't recur quite like you can.

Not seeing how Aeons removes anything from your opponents hand since you have no control or foresight over what's discarded. For the same reason, I don't see you gaining much from accessing their units either since you have no control over what units are in their deck in addition to what could be milled.

Even for the case of milling yourself, results would vary a lot as you have no idea what you'll hit and you're only moving two cards per turn. In the case of Recycle or Tomb you know exactly what you're pitching and can plan ahead accordingly.