Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Yoda's Hut - Community Suggested Decks Recorded Games

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Cool game, and thanks for the shout-out. For those curious, I played that fighter deck vs Yodaman's Vima/Luke deck and expected to get wrecked when he flipped both Hidden and Hero's Duty, but it actually turned out to be a really close and intense game with lots of little clutch plays. It turns out that Pilot decks can get plenty of interaction even when they can't swarm units by sliding pilots in and out of various ships. Several turns I actually didn't play ships so Yoda couldn't play units either. The new Backstabber and Seeds really helped carry the day. It was without doubt my favorite game of Star Wars to date, but I was mentally exhausted afterwards. 

• yodaman and medfreeman like this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

New Episode of Yoda's Hut is now up.  This is another game between myself and Jerry at my house.

In this game I played a Sith/Scum deck suggested by Queklaine and Jerry played a variation of a Vima deck also suggested by Queklaine.   Jerry's deck made use of the newest Luke set.

Queklaine joined me for commentary on this one as usual.

My deck was:

Sith

2x Scouring the Empire

2x Plan of the Prophetess

2x The Droid's Task

2x The Scavengers

2x Hunter for Hire

Jerry's deck was:

Jedi
2x Master’s Domain
2x Hidden from the Empire
2x Matter Under Mind
2x A Hero’s Duty
1x Flight of the Crow
1x Journey through the Swamp

Can my Echoes/Seeds deck get around the Jedi lockdown deck piloted by Jerry?  Watch and find out!

Thanks as always for watching!  Enjoy!

• LackOfVision likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

New Episode of Yoda's Hut is now up!  Queklaine joined me again for commentary.

In this game featuring some of the newer Galactic Ambitions cards, I played an original Scum deck and Jerry played a Smuggler/Rebel deck making use of Cracken, Undercover Lando and GA Leia suggested by Jarratt.

My deck was:

Scum
2x Masterful Manipulations
2x The Hunters
2x Out of the Mists
1x Slave Trade
1x Hutt’s Menagerie
1x Spice Trade
1x Schemes and Intrigues

Jerry's deck was:

Smuggler
2x Asteroid Sanctuary
1x Feigning Captivity
1x Gardner’s Secret
2x Planning the Rescue
2x Strike Team Assemble
2x Hope of the Rebellion

Can Zuckuss, 4-LOM and their Scum friends keep Jerry from releasing the Cracken and making use of Rebel tricks?  Watch and find out!

Thanks for watching.  The support is always appreciated.  Enjoy the video.  More are on the way!

• Thaliak, Eggzavier and LackOfVision like this

Jeckyll

Jeckyll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi Yodaman
Love the videos. I just have the challenge of figuring the cards out. Something the pros are probably fine with but it's a bit of a challenge for us noobs.
Also I think you should rate the decks, if not in the video then on the site. Makes one want to try the good ones.
  • yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

I think most of the decks we play on Yoda's Hut are probably not top tier although there have been a few games that have featured "competitive" decks which were played by winners of Regionals.     Some decks have turned out to be better than expected too even though I think they were suggested by people as more casual type decks.

As far as figuring out the cards, do you mean that it would be helpful for us to go over the combat icons, state stats and/or cards' abilities when they come into play, etc..?  We can certainly try to do more of that on the commentary. 

Thanks for the support!

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

As GenCon starts, time for a new Yoda's Hut video.  Once again, Queklaine joined me for commentary.

In this game Jerry and I both played original decks that were making use of R&R sets. It was played right after the cards were released so we were trying them out.

I played a deck featuring 4 Lukes including 2 of the newest ones. 

My decklist was:

Smugglers
2x Asteroid Sanctuary
1x  Questionable Contacts
2x A Hero’s Journey
2x May the Force Be With You
2x A Hero’s Duty
1x Heroes and Legends

Jerry played a deck that was making use of Core Tarkin and Endor Palpy.  It was an interesting list that included some troopers as well.

Navy
2x The Ultimate Power
2x Dark Trooper Project
2x Vader’s Fist
2x The Emperor’s Promise

Can Luke avoid going to the DS and/or sway anyone back to the Light in this battle for the Force?  Watch and find out.

Thanks as always for everyone's support of Yoda's Hut.  Enjoy watching and more videos are on the way!

• jc1138, Thaliak and LackOfVision like this

Jeckyll

Jeckyll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I think most of the decks we play on Yoda's Hut are probably not top tier although there have been a few games that have featured "competitive" decks which were played by winners of Regionals.     Some decks have turned out to be better than expected too even though I think they were suggested by people as more casual type decks.

As far as figuring out the cards, do you mean that it would be helpful for us to go over the combat icons, state stats and/or cards' abilities when they come into play, etc..?  We can certainly try to do more of that on the commentary. 

Thanks for the support!

I think it's probably mostly the abilities, there are so many cards out there that it can be hard to figure out.

Alternatively the videos that Team Covenant used to to regarding the image overlay also made it very good to see what cards were played, but that's a lot of work I'd think.

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

Thanks for the input.  I can try to do a better job explaining the abilities during games in the future.   Off the top of my head, I'm not sure how tough it might be to put card overlays up on the videos.  I'm using very low budget and low-tech stuff to make these and I'm certainly not doing anything near the production level of Team Covenant and others, but I'm always up for trying to improve things where I can. 

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

New Episode of Yoda's Hut is now up! 

In this game I played a Smuggler/Jedi deck  that also featured Proximity Mine which was suggested by Queklaine.  Jerry played an original Scum deck.  Queklaine joined me for commentary to give insight on his deck.

My decklist was:

Smugglers
1x Renegade Squadron Mobilization
1x The Gardener’s Secret
2x Ties of Blood
2x A Deep Commitment
2x A Hero’s Duty
1x To Arms!
1x Opening Moves

Jerry's decklist was:

Scum
2x The Slave Trade
2x The Lady’s Lesson
2x Out of the Mists
1x Jabba’s Orders
1x Masterful Manipulations
1x “No Disintegrations”
1x The Hutt’s Menagerie

Will the Proximity Mine keep the Scum at bay or will Zuckuss and 4-LOM have their way?  Watch and find out.

As always, thanks to everyone who's been watching and supporting Yoda's Hut.  It is much appreciated.  More videos are on the way!

• MaxRebo and LackOfVision like this

MaxRebo

MaxRebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Thank you! More Star Wars LCG content is always appreciated!

• yodaman likes this

mindlessphilosopher

mindlessphilosopher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Wow, I'm glad this has been going so strong!  I am excited to watch these and see some good play.

• yodaman likes this

jc1138

jc1138

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

As GenCon starts, time for a new Yoda's Hut video.  Once again, Queklaine joined me for commentary.

In this game Jerry and I both played original decks that were making use of R&R sets. It was played right after the cards were released so we were trying them out.

I played a deck featuring 4 Lukes including 2 of the newest ones. 

My decklist was:

Smugglers
2x Asteroid Sanctuary
1x  Questionable Contacts
2x A Hero’s Journey
2x A Hero’s Duty
1x Heroes and Legends

Jerry played a deck that was making use of Core Tarkin and Endor Palpy.  It was an interesting list that included some troopers as well.

Navy
2x The Ultimate Power
2x Dark Trooper Project
2x Vader’s Fist
2x The Emperor’s Promise

Can Luke avoid going to the DS and/or sway anyone back to the Light in this battle for the Force?  Watch and find out.

Thanks as always for everyone's support of Yoda's Hut.  Enjoy watching and more videos are on the way!

A really fun game with some crazy reversals!  Always fun to see a game that could go either way to the last turn (and also good to see so many games that draw on cards/sets throughout the life of the game)

Thanks!

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

New episode of Yoda's Hut is now up. 

In this game I played a LS Dodonna/Jedi deck that doctormungmung had been regularly beating me with on OCTGN over the past few weeks against Jerry's original Scum deck featuring some R&R and GA cards.  As a special treat, doctormungmung, the Brainiac master, was kind enough to join me for commentary on this game and lend his insight on how I approached playing his deck (which he has dubbed "The Brain Trust")  for the first time after playing against it so often.  

A side note is that I suggested this deck to YEEZUS after he asked for ideas for Gen. Con. and he actually used this as his LS deck and made the graduated cut. 

My decklist was:

Rebel

2x Planning the Attack

2x Secret of Yavin 4

2x A Hero's Trial

2x Matter Under Mind

Jerry's decklist was:

Scum

2x The Slave Trade
2x The Lady’s Lesson
2x Out of the Mists
1x Jabba’s Orders
1x Masterful Manipulations
1x “No Disintegrations”
1x The Hutt’s Menagerie

Will "The Brain Trust" have enough tricks and power to deal with the Scum shenanigans?  Watch and find out!

Thanks as always for watching.  Enjoy the game.  More videos are on the way!

• doctormungmung, Eggzavier and LackOfVision like this

LackOfVision

LackOfVision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Hey Yodaman, thanks for steady stream of new content, I've been enjoying watching all the games so far. And props to all the guys who have contributed as co-commentators too.

I have a few suggestions for games/decks that I think would be interesting to watch:

- A recreation of the GenCon final. Letux's LS vs David Tietze's DS, and then vice-versa. There was a thread recently where someone was asking about "top tier decks" and I think it would be cool to see a few of the most current ones in action.

- The "suggested decks" from the deluxe box inserts played against each other. Maybe the Smuggler deck from IE could surprise us all?! Or maybe not ;) But the match-ups would be intriguing to see - particularly, perhaps, for people new to the game and wondering what to buy, as all of those decks are buildable with one core, one EoD and one copy of the relevant deluxe.

- A pure Ewok deck versus a deliberately suboptimal DS deck that showcases some of the weakest and least-played pods. This would be something a bit different and potentially quite entertaining. After the recent Endor end-of-cycle poll, most people seemed to think that Ewoks were a disappointment and still not there yet in terms of a viable deck. Why not put that to the test and see just how bad they are? On the DS, the challenge would be to see if sets like Hunt Them Down or Serve The Emperor (to name just a couple of examples) can be put to any decent use.

Just a few ideas anyway!

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll try to get to those at some point.  Not exactly sure when I might get to record games again, but I'll keep those ideas on my "to do" list. :)

scwont

scwont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

- A pure Ewok deck versus a deliberately suboptimal DS deck that showcases some of the weakest and least-played pods. This would be something a bit different and potentially quite entertaining. After the recent Endor end-of-cycle poll, most people seemed to think that Ewoks were a disappointment and still not there yet in terms of a viable deck. Why not put that to the test and see just how bad they are? On the DS, the challenge would be to see if sets like Hunt Them Down or Serve The Emperor (to name just a couple of examples) can be put to any decent use.

I was one of the people expressing my disappointment with Ewoks, but I've played with some the newer sets recently and I've come around a little bit. Lack of resources still hurts their consistency and mid-late game, but they can pull off some explosive starts and they're certainly not at the bottom of the barrel. I've also had a few games where I've started with Tribe of the Trees and seen few if any of the chuds, and in those games that set feels amazing ;)

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

I was one of the people expressing my disappointment with Ewoks, but I've played with some the newer sets recently and I've come around a little bit. Lack of resources still hurts their consistency and mid-late game, but they can pull off some explosive starts and they're certainly not at the bottom of the barrel. I've also had a few games where I've started with Tribe of the Trees and seen few if any of the chuds, and in those games that set feels amazing ;)

Got an Ewok list to share?

scwont

scwont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

This is the list I'm currently using, although I wouldn't swear by it being an optimised version or anything :) I wanted to try out the most recent sets.

Jedi affiliation

2 x Ties of Blood

1 x Sacrifice at Endor

1 x Lost in the Forest

1 x Journey to Dagobah

2 x Warriors of the Forest

1 x Tribal Support

1 x Tribe of the Trees

1 x Courage of the Tribe

I've been running Journey to Dagobah as a 1-of in Ewok decks ever since Ewok decks were possible (i.e. late in Echoes cycle). It adds valuable resources and blast damage, and with the various ways Ewoks have to get attacks through undefended Red Five can do some serious work.

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

New Episode of Yoda's Hut is now up.  Once again Queklaine joined me for commentary.

In this game, I played a Navy mission deck suggested by tripnrocket.  Jerry played a variation of a Smugglers/Jedi deck which had initially been suggested by Kennedyhawk

My decklist was:

Navy
2x Dark Trooper Project
2x Family Connections
2x Emperor’s Legion
1x Imperial Command
1x Might of the Empire
2x Mission Command
1x Sabotage in the Snow 

Jerry's deck was:

2x Spark of Rebellion
1x Flight of the Crow
1x May the Force Be With You
2x Wookiee Life Debt
2x Asteroid Sanctuary
1x Against All Odds
1x Along the Gamor Run

Can the Kanan and the Smugglers strike a blow against the Might of the Empire or will the Troopers complete their mission and deal with the Han, Chewie and their friends?  Watch and find out.

As a spoiler, I played in a small tourney out at Gamer's Armory in Cary, NC today and was able to record 6 games.   As soon as Queklaine and I get the chance to do commentary, I'll start editing the videos round by round and putting them up as soon as I can.  It's not Gen. Con. top-level games, but it's still competitive play and the recorded games were between people, including myself, who have all won Star Wars LCG Store Championships and other various local level tourneys.   Look for those tourney games to start being posted in the next few days, most likely in a new thread dedicated just to it.

Thanks as always for watching Yoda's Hut.  The support is very much appreciated.

• scwont and mindlessphilosopher like this

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

Sure but it only has 6 Ewoks. The goal is to make Luke or Feris an Ewok nightmare machine with Part of the Tribe. Also this deck shows why Native Support and Asteroid Base were changed.

S&S
2x Heroes Trial
2x Ties of Blood
2x Debt of Honor
2x Deep Commitment (this objective is actually really useful because Chewie can sit on the force dishing out shields to himself and a friend)
2x Warriors of the Forest (because Wicket is a machine and the objective is pretty nasty)

I like this deck as a semi competitive deck that can just win from nowhere with wild wild plays. Also it can kill Moruth Doole and I really love/hate that guy.

Just remember that Ferris' chuds are really bad in this deck, they ruin Chewie synergy so be careful when playing them. I mostly just turf them. Also the resources are all 2-1 and there are no 5-2 objectives. So Leia or Chewie are your best units to start with. Your 3 mains are all 4 cost. But Luke, Wicket and Feris will do most of the damage. The good thing about the resources is that they are not limited so you can spam them out to start. The Reaistance Hideout is sadly unique though, but those shields are game winners with the other resources in play.

It might not look like an Ewok deck but it really feels like an Endor strike team Ewok alliance deck where Luke and Leia meet Wicket and go to town.
  • yodaman likes this