Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Yoda's Hut - Community Suggested Decks Recorded Games

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

So with Ancient Rivals due out today, we'll certainly be looking for deck ideas using the new cards for Yoda's Hut games!  If you don't mind sharing some ideas, feel free to post some here in our thread.  Can't wait to see what people come up with the new sets, especially for Han/Chewie and Vader. 

farsight

farsight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

I'd like to see a Jedi deck with Ashoka, mission Luke and Leia all together to punish people in combat (or for avoiding combat).

I can't decide whether to put the new Vader into a Scum deck focused on edge battles with Behind the Black Sun and friends, or whether it's finally Piett's time to shine.

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Ancient Rivals New Pack Thursday Deck Ideas:

Affiliation: Jedi

A New Beginning x2

Hero's Journey x2

No Match for a Good Blaster x2

Asteroid Sanctuary x2

Gardner's Secret x1

Renegade Squadron Mobilization x1

Affiliation: Sith

There is No Conflict x2

Hand of the Emperor x1

Heartless Tactics x2

Out of the Mists x1

Tatooine Crash x1

Slave Trade x1

Jabba's Reach x1

Jabba's Orders x1

• yodaman likes this

Queklaine

Queklaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Heres a few ideas I've got rolling around

2x new han/chewy

2x falcon

2x dash

1x gamor

2x yoda

1x obi

might be a better option than dash but since we have to use jedi affiliation given how many smuggler pods, that was just the first one to come to my mind.

Affiliation: Scum

2x xixor

2x ephant

2x 4lom/zuc

1x spice 

1x huts menagerie

2x dengar

This deck is pretty straight forward

Affiliation: Rebel

2x dodonna

2x yavin (guardians)

2x yoda

2x spark

2x sabine

You should recogonize this deck yoda.  Its the same one we just built for your tournament minus obi and owen to get sabine in there

I'll figure out and add decks with sith and jedi pods shortly

• yodaman likes this

Queklaine

Queklaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

This ones pretty straight forward.  A little light on units but with 2 supports, 2 heros beginning, and 92 force pips, edge battle should go quite well

2x ansoka

2x owen

2x luke (endor)

2x queron

2x yoda

• yodaman likes this

Queklaine

Queklaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Heres the sith I threw together.  Lots of fate cards for vader.  His ability seems to work well with dark counsel.  I like recurring things with sate as well.  I just wish the edge count was a little higher

Affiliation: sith

2x new vader

2x palp (GA)

2x janis

2x sate

1x cruel interrogation

1x counsel of the sith

• yodaman likes this

Queklaine

Queklaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Might as well keep going while I'm getting new deck ideas

Affilliation: Jedi

2x kyle

1x journey to dagobah

2x han/chewy

2x falcon

1x gamor

1x han (core)

1x chewy (IE)

• yodaman likes this

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Argh!  I need 1 more approved post before I can suggest decks to Yodaman!!

• yodaman likes this

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts
Because you have to play all the cards and I really like this deck.

2x Engineering the Future
2x Mission to Tarlay
2x Fleeing the Empire
1x Draw Their Fire
1x Planning the Rescue
1x Solidarity of Spirit
1x Capital Cover

It's the Rebel B team and it does some crazy stuff. I don't know how many times I rinse and repeated Leia last night.

My original concept was that Portable Shield Generator is a solid way to protect damage onto Leia and kill her which gives you more ways to get her off the board and clear all your stuff. But Brexit likes to heal objectives and give shields and Capital Cover likes both of those things. However Enginerring the Future is best served as a mostly character deck and Mission to Tarley wants more Leaders than Hope of the Rebellion. Rebel for Hire can get really amazing once you have 2-3 leaders out. Fetching Rescue Mission, Twist, Our Only Hope can turn the game but other stuff is pretty great too.
  • Rio and yodaman like this

Queklaine

Queklaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I've been able to build some good decks with the new stuff but the vader pod I'm not really sure what the best way to use it is.  Here are a couple options I've got rolling around in my head:

2x new vader

2x yularn

2x thrawn

2x motti

2x piette

Despite the fact that there are only 2 control rooms for your extra resources, the total resource count including units and locations is 25.  So that should be ok.  The deck also has 14 fate cards which not only work with vader, but piette as well.  Motti is obvious since piette is not elite and thrawns event can wake him up as well.  There is also a wide variety of fate cards in the deck.

2x new vader

2x janis

2x boba

2x iggy b

2x guri

In this deck I was just going for ways to put a damage here and there.  Dark counsel seems to fit fairly well with what vaders pod is trying to do.  I went with the droids because of the tricks that each pod come with as far as iggy and his chuds and guris surprise attacks.  Boba seems like a good add for his flamethrower, resource, and just getting aother heavy hitter.  The downside to this deck is there are only 76 force pips, 8 fate cards to work with vader, and the only tactics in the deck are the 2 white ones on janis.  I'm less confident in this deck compared to the one above

• yodaman likes this

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

I was just thinking

2x New Vader

2x GA Palp

2x Bane

1x Sariss

1x Ephant Mon

1x Out of the Mists

1x Janus/Inquisitor

• yodaman likes this

LackOfVision

LackOfVision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

With the disclaimer that this is as-yet-untested, I've been thinking about:

2 x There Is No Conflict

2 x Enforced Loyalty

2 x Defence Protocol

1 x Might of the Empire

1 x Endor Entrapment

1 x Death and Despayre

1 x The Dark Trooper Project

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

New Episode of Yoda's Hut is now up.  Once again Queklaine joined me for commentary.

This game was played basically right after R&R dropped and Jerry and I were trying out new sets. 

I played an original Scum/Sith deck in this game.  My decklist was:

Scum
2x The Slave Trade
2x Masterful Manipulation
2x The Lady’s Lesson
2x Fall of the Jedi
2x Emperor’s Web

Jerry played an original Rebel deck.  His decklist was:

2x Mission Briefing
2x Rogue Squadron Assault
1x Fleeing the Empire
1x Evacuation Procedure
1x Behind Enemy Lines
1x Heroes of the Rebellion

Can my deck featuring Lady, classic Scum sets and core Sith deal with the Rebel jank Jerry tossed together for this game?  Watch and find out.

More videos are on the way soon.  Thanks for watching as always.  Enjoy!

• LackOfVision likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

Also, keep the ideas coming for decks using the new Ancient Rivals sets!. I'm hoping to video some games as soon as I get my hands on the actual cards and certainly would enjoy trying community suggested decks.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

My AR decks currently are as follows (also my rambles on how they work and things I'm thinking of):

Smugglers: 

2 Good Blaster

2 Falcon

Beyond the Rim

Gardener's Secret 

Echo Caverns

To Arms

Wookiee's Journey 

Freeholders

I know I know, Chewie + Gun Yoda! That said, I've always loved mono-yellow and I'm convinced this set will push them up a lot. This deck is pretty fun; the new Han and Chewie help you set up your board to deploy tricks in the mid-game. To Arms may turn into a Main set later, but I like the enhancements for edge and they can do work if they hit their respective characters. Beyond the Rim is also a flex spot that may become Rash Action or Lady Luck, but I love the non-limited resource and the shot at getting the objective for Han/Chewie. Nav Droids with a second gun from Han are also pretty annoying! If there were more good smug vehicle sets that worked with characters, I'd run 2. Shout out here to Renegade Reinforcements, which I'm actually considering because both this Han and Chewie are awesome Last Minute Reinforcement targets, and this deck plays on the slower, more defensive side. 

Rebel

2 Sabine

2 MTFBWY

2 Endor Luke

Watchers Obi

Mystics

Rahn

Kanan

Pretty standard Jedi stuff with Sabine tricks. Rahn gives the deck another good Sabine's Armor target in addition to just being annoying. The key interaction you want to see is Endor Luke + Custom Paint Job + Sabine, but even parts of that combo are good. Unfortunately I've been finding that Sabine's bonus icons are least impactful for Jedi, so this deck may be coming apart soon so I can put her with Smugglers. Sabine is probably the most interesting set in the pack from a deckbuilding perspective; I have so many things to test with her! The jank potential is strong. 

Sith 

2 No Conflict

2 Power of the Dark Side

2 Dark Counsel

1 Dark Lord of the Sith 

1 Sariss

1 Executor

1 Icetrompers

I love both of the recent Vader iterations. I included 1 GA Vader for the awesomeness of his pod, but the plan was always to play the newest Vader. New Vader can reliably trigger in the opposing turn, but I think he wants to go into a deck with at least some desire to attack so he can get a trigger in your turn as well. Janus is my new go-to Main + resource set, and it also has a focus event though Battle of Endor is weak. Executor was kind of an impulse buy, as I haven't played it in awhile and figured I need someone in the deck to close out games. Worst case it can kind of cycle itself with ISBs, and it has an early-game removal that I like. It probably needs to turn into a set with a Heat of Battle or a 3-4 drop Main, as I now realize looking at the decklist that I'm light in that spot. 

Scum 

2 Xizor

2 Dengar

Snoova

Pilot Fett

Ephant Mon

Menagerie

Spice Trade

GA Zuckuss

This deck pretty much assembled itself for me. Pilot Fett is a flex spot; the deck has few vehicles, but I like the resource, edge count, and aggressive units in the pod. Dengar is reliably active due to his own resource, and I love the synergy with Xizor. I've always played Shadows of the Empire early in my turns, but with Xizor out it's effectively an extra combat icon for Dengar at action speed if played in conflict. Lately I've been using it to remove objectives with open resources when I'm attacking, which is a fun play. The Dengar pod is pretty insane, between its good Main, resources that also make your objectives stronger, and straight removal event. I can see it becoming a staple 2-of in my Scum for some time. 

I didn't build an Ahsoka deck, excited as I am for her set. Because her ability and her Informant's want lots of Jedi cards in the edge/discard, I don't see lots of potential to splash her or wacky ways to throw her into non-mono decks. I see her as mainly another strong Jedi Main pod that will go well into a mono-Jedi build, which I am excited for as Jedi have felt samey to me for a little while. I'd probably go 

2 MTFBWY 

2 Ahsoka

2 Endor Luke 

1 Crow 

1 Red Five 

1 Watchers Obi 

1 Rahn

As a start, though I'd love to shove another resource in somewhere. Red Five is in for R2; while the set's edge sucks, Ahsoka can fix that handily if she's out. I might also 1x Ahsoka to diversify the toolbox with a Leia, Kanan, Owen, T'ra Saa, or Mystics, though at first I want her 2x to see how strong her draw ability is for Jedi. 

• yodaman likes this

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

New Episode of Yoda's Hut is now up.  Once again Queklaine joined me for commentary.

This game was played basically right after R&R dropped and Jerry and I were trying out new sets. 

I played an original Scum/Sith deck in this game.  My decklist was:

Scum
2x The Slave Trade
2x Masterful Manipulation
2x The Lady’s Lesson
2x Fall of the Jedi
2x Emperor’s Web

Jerry played an original Rebel deck.  His decklist was:

2x Mission Briefing
2x Rogue Squadron Assault
1x Fleeing the Empire
1x Evacuation Procedure
1x Behind Enemy Lines
1x Heroes of the Rebellion

Can my deck featuring Lady, classic Scum sets and core Sith deal with the Rebel jank Jerry tossed together for this game?  Watch and find out.

More videos are on the way soon.  Thanks for watching as always.  Enjoy!

This game illustrated to me how silly SWLCG can be when you play with decks of vastly varying power levels. 

Also, Jerry missed a big play with Speeder Truck. 2x Overworked, then Truck, then Buried Outpost and sac the truck to leave the Outpost open for free would have been bomb, though honestly I think in that position you hold the truck, pass turn, and see if you try to attack and lock him down on your turn. Then Truck to blow off the focus and counterattack. Cool to see some Engineering experimentation though, I still haven't cracked that set but I'm always tempted to run it for the draw card and the free dudes. 

• yodaman likes this

Queklaine

Queklaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Heres another potential mono sith with new vader.  I might actually try this one since I dont have to dismantle any of my current decks to build it:

2x new vader

2x janis

2x executor

2x sate

1x ice trompers

1x counsel

I suppose you could run the ice trompers and counsel in and combination to fill the final 2 slots.  I really want 2 of both but there just isnt room in this deck.  Either one as a 2x and leaving out the other would probably be fine.  The main trade off is the resources versus the damage from the trompers.  The current listing has 19 total resources, not counting the holocrun.  Going with 2 trompers will cost you 2 of those as well as card draw.  The trompers do give you more direct damage and control in combat with a 3 pip card for edge battles.  The deck is currently under 80 but still has 2 twists.  Recurring the trompers with sate could be useful as well although he has many good targets already.

• yodaman likes this

Queklaine

Queklaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Not sure how many people have noticed this, but the 501st in vaders pod doesn't have to target an enemy unit.  It removes a jedi or neutral card from combat.  So you could attack with the 501s and another unit thats neutral.  If you lose edge, remove both your units from combat and let your opponent swing at nothing.  This is obviously much more useful if your opponent blocks with units that have no tactics.

Another observation.  Both sith and jedi pods have ancient rival fate card but the priority on them allows the jedi to trigger first.  Its a 3 which the sith one is a 4.  So if they end up in the same edge battle against each other, the jedi player could remove the sith one before it could target something like a yoda.

CobraBubbles

CobraBubbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Looks like you've got a ton of AR decks suggested already but I may as well throw mine on the pile as well. Disclaimer: these are both untested.

First up, Sabine with 8 one-ofs. There're so many sets I wanna test with Sabine, why not put them all in one deck? Well, not quite all of them, there's plenty of Smug sets to put her with too, but this is a start anyway:

2 Sabine

1 MTFBWY

1 In You Must Go

1 BtS Luke

1 Endor Han

1 Derlin

1 Blissex

1 Dodonna

1 Page

On the dark side, I really like the look of 4x Vader, but maybe not the 4 you'd first think of..

2 There is no conflict

2 Defending the trench

2 Endor entrapment

1 Janus

1 Core Palp

1 Golans

1 Chimaera

Ancient Rivals + I Have You Now seems like a wonderfully fun way to kill Jedi mains, and the Gladiators go ridiculously well with both those cards. Should be able to set up some amusing blowout plays with this build.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
Ha, that DS deck looks super fun.
  • CobraBubbles likes this