Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Yoda's Hut - Community Suggested Decks Recorded Games

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

trangiusarien

trangiusarien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I built this deck to try out the new Dengar. He is really nasty. This is a  straight forward capture deck and it does it job well. Before, I always found the capture mechanics not to be so efficient, but with Dengar this deck really give the light side some problems, especially if they run big mains. There is no problem winning edge with it (89 force pips). The only really good counter I've seen so far is a Kanan-deck where you flood the board with chuds via Spark of Rebellion.

2x Heartless Tactics

2x Ephant Mon

2x Xizor

2x Out of the Mists

1x The Slave Trade

1x The Hunters

It would be nice to see you try this deck out!

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

New episode of Yoda's Hut is now up! 

In this game I played an interesting looking Scum/Navy deck suggested by tripnrocket against Jerry who was playing a variation of a Smugglers deck suggested by pantsyg.   Once again Queklaine joined me for commentary.

My decklist for this game was:

Scum

2x Masterful Manipulations
2x Out of the Mists
2x Defense Protocol
2x The Admiral’s Assault
2x Endor Entrapment

Jerry's decklist was:

Smugglers
2x Beyond the Rim
2x Asteroid Sanctuary
1x That Bucket o’ Bolts
1x Against All Odds
1x Along the Gamor Run
1x The Gardener’s Secret
1x Renegade Squadron Mobilization
1x Secret Weapons

Can the creative Scum/Navy build take down Jerry's tweak of pantsyg's Smugglers deck?  Watch and find out.

As always, thanks to everyone for watching and supporting Yoda's Hut.  It's much appreciated.  More games will be posted soon.

• trangiusarien and LackOfVision like this

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Last Ditch Maneuver + Renegade Mobilization was cool to see. 

But Gladiators are so gross. 

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

I was pleasantly surprised by how well the DS deck I played worked. 

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

New episode of Yoda's Hut is now up.  Queklaine joined me again for commentary.

In this game I played a Jedi deck suggested by RoyalAegis featuring R&R Luke.  Jerry played a Sith/Navy fighter deck that has been featured before and was suggested by Starhawk77.

My decklist was:

Jedi

2x A Hero’s Duty
2x The Survivors
2x Master's Domain
1x Heroes and Legends
1x Forgotten Masters
1x Mysteries of the Rim
1x A Hero’s Journey

Jerry's decklist was:

Sith
2x Black Squadron Formation
2x Dark Defenders
2x The Empire’s Elite
2x Guarding the Wing
2x Defending the Trench

Can Luke Search His Feelings and deal with the Sith/Navy fighter swarm?  Watch and find out.

Thanks as always for watching.  The support is much appreciated.  More videos are on the way soon.

• LackOfVision likes this

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts
Black Squadron is pretty formidible. I've been trying it with 1 Vader and 1 Phantoms and I really like that. It was cool to see how much work Vader and I Have you Now did here though.

As for Hero's Duty. It is super hard to find a really strong place for that set for all the reasons you described. It's a pretty resource heavy set and has no resources of its own.

Trying to find the right sets that combo well with it to make the other cards better is the trick, but resources are still the problem.

I'm currently trying out Duty Luke with Rebel Endor and Rebel Fighters. My current build has only 1 Shield Generator Assault because neither Han nor Luke have resources but SGA is doing all the heavy lifting. It keeps Duty healed and Han and Spec Forces are just so damned good.

I had an idea which was 2 Hero's Duty, 2 Ties of Blood, 2 Shield Generator Assault, 2 Strike Team Assemble and 2 Mission to Tarlay. But sadly Jedi Leia is not a Leader and whenever I play Mission to Tarlay I want lots of Leader synergy. I might try it anyway but 6 Leader cards is not as good as 8 Leader cards. I do love Rebel 4 Hire to grab a Spec Force or Ground Support though.
  • yodaman likes this

RoyalAegis

RoyalAegis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

I'm gonna be completely honest I have no recollection of suggesting that deck. I went through the whole thread and the only deck I found that I suggested was an old version of the Cracken I was running.

But nonetheless, thank you Bill! I love your content and it helps feed my craving for games!

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

I'm gonna be completely honest I have no recollection of suggesting that deck. I went through the whole thread and the only deck I found that I suggested was an old version of the Cracken I was running.

But nonetheless, thank you Bill! I love your content and it helps feed my craving for games!

Hmm.  Sorry if I gave the wrong person credit. I do try to be careful about that.    When R&R first came out I remember getting some deck ideas for Yoda's Hut that weren't posted directly on the Yoda's Hut thread, but instead were posted on other threads related to specific sets. I wonder if that's where I saw it.  Glad you enjoy the videos though.  Thanks for the support.

Edit:  Just found it, you posted the idea in the "deckbuilding with the new Luke" thread.  Stole it from there. :)

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts
You are generating so much content here Yodaman that it would be awesome to have a sub forum where you can upload each vid to a separate thread to enable greater ease of discussion )and dissection). YouTube comments aren't quite the same as the conversation we get on here.

Maybe it's just because I've got like 20 videos to watch and missed the opportunity to discuss when they first came out.
  • yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

I can do that.  This thread is getting a bit long.  :) 

Queklaine

Queklaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

You are generating so much content here Yodaman that it would be awesome to have a sub forum where you can upload each vid to a separate thread to enable greater ease of discussion )and dissection). YouTube comments aren't quite the same as the conversation we get on here.

Maybe it's just because I've got like 20 videos to watch and missed the opportunity to discuss when they first came out.

Yodas hut: episode 2 :).  Episode 1 was just to get the kinks out (jarjar) much like the movies

RoyalAegis

RoyalAegis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

I love my fighter deck more than ever since I got a second core set:

x2 Dark Defenders

x2 Whatever the Core Black Squadron set is, the one with the original Vader's TIE Advanced.

x2 The Empire's Elite

x2 Defense Protocol

x1 Kuat Reinforcements

x1 Phantoms of Imdaar

There's no Guarding the Wing but I have plenty of pilots with Baron and the Black Squadron pilots. I didn't realize how useful cycling Come With Me would be and I might consider putting one in because they both have TIE Advanced. 

• yodaman likes this

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

I love my fighter deck more than ever since I got a second core set:

x2 Dark Defenders
x2 Whatever the Core Black Squadron set is, the one with the original Vader's TIE Advanced.
x2 The Empire's Elite
x2 Defense Protocol
x1 Kuat Reinforcements
x1 Phantoms of Imdaar

There's no Guarding the Wing but I have plenty of pilots with Baron and the Black Squadron pilots. I didn't realize how useful cycling Come With Me would be and I might consider putting one in because they both have TIE Advanced.

How do you find the lack of resources in this deck?

I really like having the Black Squadron Formation for the resources and the objective ability. I used to toss it but now I always keep it because the synergy with Come With Me is just insane. I also like Guarding the Wing because Elite Pilot Training is one of the best things to grab with Come With Me.

I do like the old school TIEs for the two events. Talon Roll and Death From Above can close out games super fast, but the synergies of the newer sets are pretty good in their own right.

RoyalAegis

RoyalAegis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

How do you find the lack of resources in this deck?

I really like having the Black Squadron Formation for the resources and the objective ability. I used to toss it but now I always keep it because the synergy with Come With Me is just insane. I also like Guarding the Wing because Elite Pilot Training is one of the best things to grab with Come With Me.

I do like the old school TIEs for the two events. Talon Roll and Death From Above can close out games super fast, but the synergies of the newer sets are pretty good in their own right.

Sorry for the belated response.

Granted I've never tried to optimize this deck as much as my other Navy decks, but I haven't really noticed a lack of resources in this deck until you pointed it out. There really aren't that many resources in the fighter pods. But in my scenario, I've been able to play pretty aggressively. 

That being said, seeing Black Squadron Formation in action makes me want to try it out. I originally chose Assault because I thought it was the more "aggressive" pod with the Pilot, Target and I'm on the Leader. But, I can't ignore the objective, extra resource and Stay on Target. And finally, both pods have TIE Advanced, which is one of my favorite fighter cards.

On an unrelated note, I was piddling around in the deckbuilder and thought of a "denial" deck that tries as hard as it can to prevent your opponent from winning edge battles:

x2 Masterful Manipulation

x2 Behind the Black Sun

x2 Guarding the Wing

x2 Defending the Trench

x2 Defense Protocol

Probably horrible in practice, but I got a good laugh out of building it.

• yodaman likes this

GreedoShotFirst

GreedoShotFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Since our website never took off, I thought I'd post some of the content we initially created. 

Here are some vidjas (Fully Ops created intro/outro):

• yodaman and LackOfVision like this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

New episode of Yoda's Hut is now up.  Once again I was joined by Queklaine for commentary.

In this game I played a Smugglers deck suggested by my long time OCTGN play partner brimmstorm.  Jerry played a deck that Ristel had posted in the deck section of cardgamedb.  He had actually played it a few times, but this is the first time I'm putting up a video with the deck.

My decklist for this game was:

Smugglers
2x That Bucket o' Bolts
2x Secret Weapons
2x Fortune and Fate
2x Against All Odds
1x Along the Gamor
1x Beyond the Rim

Jerry's decklist was:
Sith
2x Ghosts of the Dark Side
2x Dark Counsel
2x Dark Lord of the Sith
2x Encounter at Stygeon Prime
2x Power of the Dark Side

Can the Smuggler ships take down the Power of the Dark Side?  Watch and find out.

Thanks as always for supporting Yoda's Hut. It's always appreciated and hopefully everyone enjoys the videos. 

Based on an earlier suggestion, I am going to start a new thread for videos going forward since this one has gotten so long.  I wanted to put this last one up as the next few episodes which are in the editing process are going to feature Ancient Rivals cards.  This seemed like a natural place to end this thread and start a new one featuring the new cycle.  Look for those games to start being posted by the end of the week. 

• LackOfVision likes this