Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Yoda's Hut - Community Suggested Decks Recorded Games

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

j1623

j1623

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I'm not sure why people don't play scum more often. I feel like it has won every game I've seen it in the past month or so. I'm starting to lean that way as my preferred dark side faction.
  • Arkard likes this

Tripnrocket

Tripnrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I have been big on scum atm, but I never play the meta decks competitively.
I like weird jank and it's even better when works out.
Scum can answer it all but most people see scum as the capture deck yes they have the ability does it help yes if it's built with capture but not as the main point of the deck.

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2739 posts

New video.  This one is just me doing the commentary.  Wanted to keep the content coming and it's been a bit of a challenge to coordinate with some of my co-commentators this past week.  Hopefully, we'll get some more joint commentary done over this upcoming weekend.

This is another game between myself and Justin R. at Gamer's Armory's game night.  I played a LS Smuggler/Rebel vehicle deck against Justin's Sith deck.   The deck I played was suggested by BobaFett.  The list was:

Smuggers

2x That Bucket 'o Bolts

1x Prepare for Evacuation

2x Turning the Tide

2x Attack Pattern Delta

2x Rogue Squadron Assault

1x Blue Squadron Support

Justin's deck was

Sith

2x Fall of the Jedi

2x Counsel of the Sith

2x Executor Arrives

2x Agent of the Emperor

2x Brothers of the Sith

(yes you read that correctly, he didn't have Palpy in his deck).

Hope you enjoy and thanks for all the support people have been giving to Yoda's Hut!

• Majestaat and Thaliak like this

Arkard

Arkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts
I am fine without Palpy in a sith deck
  • yodaman likes this

Eggzavier

Eggzavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Great game for your opponent, it's too bad that APD wasn't working out for you.

Great commentary as always.

Only suggestion I can make (and I'm sure you've already got this in mind) is to either not play with sleeves or check the angle ahead of time to make sure we can keep track of your opponents cards.

Sorry to gripe :)

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2739 posts

I only use sleeves in tourneys (and have caught some ribbing for this from others, but that's ok. :)  ) 

The camera kept getting moved that day and I tried to readjust it at times, but obviously didn't in this one.  Sorry about that.

• Eggzavier likes this

Eggzavier

Eggzavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

No problem, like I said it's only a slight gripe with a quality idea.

Thanks for doing these!

• yodaman likes this

Tripnrocket

Tripnrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Rapid fire is play only during your turn.
  • yodaman likes this

Fayde

Fayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

I've actually taken to not playing with sleeves unless the deck is tried-and-true. I think it was you (yodaman) who said that they change their deck builds so often that sleeves were annoying, and I've found my building is a lot more frequent than it used to be now that I've taken to not sleeving every.deck.

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2739 posts

Totally unintentional mistake on Rapid Fire on my part.  Definitely a case of not having played that set in a long time and not completely reading the card.  Sorry neither of us caught that and I'm glad Justin won that game ultimately so it didn't really matter.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
You must have the worst luck I've ever seen. So not one hit on APD in 6 tries when 40% of that deck is 2 cost vehicles and you never drew 1 well paid...lol. Yikes!
  • Fayde, Arkard and Eggzavier like this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2739 posts

Yeah, clearly I needed to have shuffled better. :)

I certainly have the best draws or luck with APD.  Justin also maximized his use of Mara with her saber thanks to Rage and Vader's reaction to completely obliterate my board that one turn.  Unfortunately, there as always games when that can happen.  This one just ended up happening in one of the games I recorded.  Oh well.   The deck was fun anyway and I'll probably try it again.

• BobaFett likes this

doctormungmung

doctormungmung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

You must have the worst luck I've ever seen. So not one hit on APD in 6 tries when 40% of that deck is 2 cost vehicles and you never drew 1 well paid...lol. Yikes!

Lies!  Yodaman has incredible luck!  He uses it against me all the time. ;)

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2739 posts

I don't know what you're talking about doctormungmung. ;)

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Mara is such a nightmare for vehicle decks. 

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
Not against that deck. It's a swarm deck, you don't really care if she kills stuff because then she's not there for defense and you should be deploying 3-4 units a turn. Against big ship decks sure, but this deck pretty handily crushes sith.

There's 2 sith sets that this deck doesn't like, Arden Lynn's because you get to setup their top card with the objective, and Janus greejatus
  • Fayde likes this

Eggzavier

Eggzavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

What about dark genocide?

Or are you somewhat immune to board wipes by virtue of being able to redeploy a new board afterwards?

Not against that deck. It's a swarm deck, you don't really care if she kills stuff because then she's not there for defense and you should be deploying 3-4 units a turn. Against big ship decks sure, but this deck pretty handily crushes sith.

There's 2 sith sets that this deck doesn't like, Arden Lynn's because you get to setup their top card with the objective, and Janus greejatus

Queklaine

Queklaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Been gone for a while so a little delayed on my comments here.  

Going back to the capital ship game you played, yodaman, you mentioned that I wanted to see the capital ships do work but you didnt really draw any.  Thats kind of what I've been noticing with that deck, there really is no bad draw.  Even when you don't get what you hope for, you have so many paths to victory, it just doesnt matter.  I have yet to find a deck that can consistently even be compettative against the top fleet decks in the meta at my store.  My latest version is:

navy faction

2x tarkin

2x yularn

2x chimera

2x deploy

2x endor

1x executor

I'm experimenting with 11 just because I dont want to pull any of those.  My friend is runinng the same deck minus one yularn.  I think with double deploy the fleet, I want yularn and fist more than ever.

I have a couple more deck suggestions

This first deck I built as just a fun deck thinking it wouldn't be very good but I wanted to try it.  I've played 2 games, one against jedi and the other against a rebel fighter rush deck, and I absolutely crushed in both matches.

navy faction

2x guri

2x iggy A

2x iggy B

2x zekka

2x imperial entanglements

The idea is pretty obvious, droids with extra guns and the standard help to decimators.  On paper, the deck looks really scary to use because you only have 4 resources outside of your objectives: 2 prized possetion and 2 debt collectors.  This of course means that iggy A is an edge card if you dont get one of them.  When playing, the deck feels like it has so many shennanagins that you have an answer for virtually everything.  Also, there are a lot of free or only 1 cost cards so despite having 4 or 5 resources each game, I never felt like I really needed to draw another to make it work.  Granted, I had a good objective flop both times so it might not be as good without the extra guns from zekka and IE pods.  I was able to discourage attacks and ping away with iggy As ojective at anything they commit.  I also had a lot of targetted strike.

The second deck idea is an old one that your last vehicle deck reminded me off.  I dismantled it long ago but it was one of my favorites to play back when the hoth cycle was still being used.

smug faction

1x defense of yavin

2x hoth op

1x echo base def

2x prepare for evac

2x attack pattern delta

2x hoth gambit

9 of 10 objectives were hoth.  For that reason, you always bury yavin in your opening draw to make sure they are all hoth.  That really feeds into subzero def killing there attackers and allowing you to leave minimal def.  The deck also has 6 battle of hoths and multiple ways of removing damage from hoth objectives via free drop units or the general in hoth gambit.  The event in hoth gambit can also one-shot annoyances like tarkin or palp.  I know this deck has potential for fast kills but also a measure of defense.  I dont know that its fast enough to keep up with navy anymore, especially with tarkins event.  There might be a few pods you could change for stuff like hobby but that takes away from the all-hoth things that are in the deck.

• yodaman likes this

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

navy faction

2x tarkin

2x yularn

2x chimera

2x deploy

2x endor

1x executor

I'm experimenting with 11 just because I dont want to pull any of those.  My friend is runinng the same deck minus one yularn.  I think with double deploy the fleet, I want yularn and fist more than ever.

I concur, if you run 2x Deploy 2x Yularen can be cash money since you control when the damage gets put on that objective. If I was cutting anything, honestly I'd take out either 1 Endor or Executor. I used to run this deck with 2 Executor and no Endor, and it could be so fast. This isn't a fortress deck so much, so 2x Endor isn't super necessary. 

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2739 posts

I completely agree.  The Navy stuff is so good that even when you're building a Star Destroyer deck, you can win without drawing those big ships thanks to Tarkin, Yularen, Fist, the objectives, etc..

The latest version of Navy that I've been running is almost identical to what you listed Quekaline, but it only uses 10 sets.  Ultimately I felt like 2 Tarkin, 2 Deploy and 2 Yularen were needed for the exact reason pantsyg said.  Deploy gives you a way to damage your own objectives then toss it back with Yularen or Fist, even if you don't actually have an capital ships to play!   Entrapment is too good not be a 2 of between the objective text and the gladiators.  A lot of people were running 2 Might with that to fill out things, but I like having 1 Executor for the potential of playing the ship, 2 more unique units for Fist and, of course, Jamming Protocol.  Because of that, I took out a Might.  This variation has seemed to work pretty well.