Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Where to buy singles, if at all?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

RickyChops

RickyChops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hey everyone. I've been searching the internet for a site that sells singles for this game, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot outside of Ebay. Am I pretty much SOL? Either that or I'm thinking about proxying some staple cards. 

Thanks for any help! <3

ZackyMidnight

ZackyMidnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
What I did is scan my real cards (thj, milk, roseroad) etc in a 3x3 then took USB to office max. Printed out great at 59 cents per page

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts
The lcg format doesn't lend itself to a market for singles. For extra neutrals, proxies are your friend

Reclusive

Reclusive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Don't hope for reasonable prices tbh.

With the old version there were sites who would sell singles with affordable prizes. These ones have stopped doing so, since the game is so fresh that it's easy to catch up.

Avoid ebay listings, it's really not worth it. Turn the cards facedown and put some post-it paper on them.

chipzes

chipzes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

The lcg format doesn't lend itself to a market for singles. For extra neutrals, proxies are your friend

Too bad, I (and I'm sure many others) would gladly pay for an extra playset of Core Neutrals or two. They should just bundle them up for an official neutral supply pack every now and then.

jrosen9

jrosen9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Too bad, I (and I'm sure many others) would gladly pay for an extra playset of Core Neutrals or two. They should just bundle them up for an official neutral supply pack every now and then.

Its not really worth it for the seller.  I tried selling faction playsets on ebay briefly after core released and my break even point was $11.21 a playset and that doesn't factor in packing materials.  Now factor in that really the only thing people want are pretty much the same neutral cards (hands judgement, tears of lys, put to the sword, seal, etc) and you'd have to pay $3.90+shipping for a single copy of each of those just so the seller can break even since he probably won't be able to sell any of the rest of the core set

chipzes

chipzes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Its not really worth it for the seller.  I tried selling faction playsets on ebay briefly after core released and my break even point was $11.21 a playset and that doesn't factor in packing materials.  Now factor in that really the only thing people want are pretty much the same neutral cards (hands judgement, tears of lys, put to the sword, seal, etc) and you'd have to pay $3.90+shipping for a single copy of each of those just so the seller can break even since he probably won't be able to sell any of the rest of the core set

I was actually thinking about FFG selling them bundled as a kind of "Core Set Light" with 3 of each neutral but that might come down to the same reasoning anyway. It's probably not worth it for them if you account for transportation and storage costs. Too bad though.

Booroomir

Booroomir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi,

On this french website : http://ludiworld.com...artes-a-l-unite

There are english cards but i don't know if they ship accross the ocean. And if they do, the price would be probably too hight i think...

hanotsri

hanotsri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
FFG is not going to sell something that undercuts their core product line. You want more neutrals...buy more cores
  • Toqtamish likes this

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts
Yeah this has been discussed to death and it's never going to happen.

TravisSnow

TravisSnow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Part of the new seller agreement for retailers restricts us from breaking product down from it's original components and reselling pieces.  It could be profitable if it were allowed and done properly.  We had been doing it in store before the policy changed.  It was nice as some people are exclusively interested in a singular faction.  Many of them would buy a single core set for the neutrals and then be happy to buy 2 of each card from the faction(s) they wanted to play. It was a nice way to catch up people in more seasoned games as well.  The deeper the game gets the better it was for the consumer and the retailer. I understand why they did what they did.

andrewaa

andrewaa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Key point is: how much do you want to pay for extra cards?

If you want to pay for more than 0.1 dollars a card, it is more expensive than a core from Amazon.

Of course one core has some wasted cards. But just imagine, if they sell a core-lite box, it should be a similar price as a core.

reek

reek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Is it likely that fantasy flight will start selling replacement cards if you're missing one?

OniNoOdori

OniNoOdori

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

So on a related note, is it by now known whether the draft packs contain at least some of the staple neutral cards like Milk of the Poppy, Put to the Sword, and Tears of Lys? I was searching around the internet, but couldn't find any reliable information on this. I would rather play X drafts than buy X additional core sets for these cards. If you happen to have first hand experience, the rarity of these cards would also be of interest.

LoneElfRanger

LoneElfRanger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

So on a related note, is it by now known whether the draft packs contain at least some of the staple neutral cards like Milk of the Poppy, Put to the Sword, and Tears of Lys? I was searching around the internet, but couldn't find any reliable information on this. I would rather play X drafts than buy X additional core sets for these cards. If you happen to have first hand experience, the rarity of these cards would also be of interest.

Yes, the drafts have those cards, but not with any frequency. You'd probably have to draft ten times to get one or two cards you want.

reek

reek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I was on eBay last night and somebody was selling a vote set broken up in parts. Each faction was $5, but the neutrals were $25. All I wanted was extra milks of the poppy

bourgman

bourgman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Born to Play Games sells them on their website at pretty good prices with quick turnaround. Full disclosure: that's my company.